AJC reporting Fritz is the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Again, I get it, but this is not a political story, which is what you’re talking about.
I don't think it is limited to political stories. Tech stories, athletics stories, celebrity death/breakup/scandal stories, etc. It isn't a problem with "political" news media. It is a problem caused by the immediacy of things like Twitter. Not isolated to any particular subject, just in general quick (even inaccurate) small posts get a lot more attention than long form news articles.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Which punt was blocked yesterday? We had a low snap we couldn't get the punt off, but it wasn't blocked. We did give up some too long returns.
Wow dude. “We had a punt blocked yesterday?” That’s what you’re going with? Nailed it, bud.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Step 1: Hire Willie Fritz
Step 2: Schedule like a sane person
Step 3: Listen to me

Non-Conference Schedule Planning:
Go to ncaa.com/stats
Look up Rushing Defense
Click "page 3" to find last place teams
Look up Total Defense
Look up Total Offense
Click "page 3" to find place teams
Identify opponents

Non-Conference Schedule:
Game 1: UL-Monroe (at home)
Game 2: Akron (at home)
Game 3: UMASS (at home)
Game 4: Charlotte (at home)

Begin season 4-0 under Willie Fritz.. Confident, well conditioned, and establishing two-deep.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Step 1: Hire Willie Fritz
Step 2: Schedule like a sane person
Step 3: Listen to me

Non-Conference Schedule Planning:
Go to ncaa.com/stats
Look up Rushing Defense
Look up Total Defense
Look up Total Offense
Click "page 3" to find place teams
Identify opponents

Non-Conference Schedule:
Game 1: UL-Monroe (at home)
Game 2: Akron (at home)
Game 3: UMASS (at home)
Game 4: Charlotte (at home)

Begin season 4-0 under Willie Fritz.. Confident, well conditioned, and establishing two-deep.
If JBatt hasn't called Ole Miss to get out of that commitment, he's missed one trick already.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A coach leaving before his team's biggest game is bush league IMO. Wait to announce it next week.
Not if I want some recruits to sign on early signing day this coming month, 12/21.

Also, lesson players jumping into the portal from Georgia Tech.

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'm ok with it if true. 5000x better than a Bill O'Brien or Todd Monken hire.

Anyone who thinks Key stays on this staff with a new head coach is probably crazy. Maybe 5% chance that happens and, while I appreciate Key made us at least look like a football team again, I think it's best to purge all of Geoff Collins from this program. Even the decent coaches.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If JBatt hasn't called Ole Miss to get out of that commitment, he's missed one trick already.
Ole Miss proved to not be nearly as good as we made them look in September, and we proved to not be nearly as bad as everyone else made us look in September. If we would’ve played Ole Miss instead of Georgia on Saturday I think we win the game. Ole Miss doesn’t scare me one bit. If we can’t beat, or even compete against Ole Miss, then we might as well shut our program down. Seriously, if we’re scared to play Ole Miss then we’re so far away from where we want to be I don’t know if we’ll ever get back there.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like ken jumped the gun , wanted to be the first to report
That and he is intentionally trying to shake the bushes to get rebuttals and gain inside intelligence from a “source closer to Batt” and the interview process/status to see who will talk (without being named as the source).

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing to consider is that GSU assistant coach Dell McGee coached GSU’s bowl game after Fritz left for Tulane…

If GT is serious about ponying up and paying what it takes, stealing Dell from UGAg as OC and potentially HC in waiting sounds nice….

coaching a bowl game a few years ago for lower tier school qualifies him to be coach in waiting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.