AJC reporting Fritz is the guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
One thing to consider is that GSU assistant coach Dell McGee coached GSU’s bowl game after Fritz left for Tulane…

If GT is serious about ponying up and paying what it takes, stealing Dell from UGAg as OC and potentially HC in waiting sounds nice….
Has Dell McGee ever called plays (other than the one game)?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Say in the event Fritz is hired and we bring Dell McGee on board in some capacity. Maybe OC, maybe just RB coach and AHC. Brent Key goes to UGA to be their OL coach and AHC.

How would y’all feel in that scenario? Do we win that trade? Is it a wash? Is Key more valuable at UGA than McGee would be here?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Georgia is not going to hire a Tech man to be a coach on their staff. We have hired a few Dawgs to be assistant coaches over the years but that was without my approval.

Go Jackets!
Do you really think Georgia cares about somebody being a Tech guy? The best coach in UGA history before Kirby was an Auburn man. Dell McGee, possibly the best recruiter on their staff is from Auburn. As of now Georgia fans hate Auburn a lot more than they hate Tech. Auburn at least poses a semblance of a threat. Tech is like another game against Kentucky or Vandy. Just fodder to fill out their schedule.

Georgia literally does not care where you went to school, or played, or coached at before if you can help them win games now. That’s how we should act too. If you really think Georgia wouldn’t hire Brent Key solely because he’s a Tech man you’re sorely mistaken, and pretty sophomoric.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
coaching a bowl game a few years ago for lower tier school qualifies him to be coach in waiting here?

Has Dell McGee ever called plays (other than the one game)?
Not to be rude, but y’all do realize what a big time name McGee is, right? And that he’s been an AHC at UGAg? And that he has been a hot name considered as a possibility for other P5 jobs?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
WSB reporting this morning that Tech is “finalizing a deal” with Fritz. They may have just read Ken’s article and reported that news. Who knows?

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Say in the event Fritz is hired and we bring Dell McGee on board in some capacity. Maybe OC, maybe just RB coach and AHC. Brent Key goes to UGA to be their OL coach and AHC.

How would y’all feel in that scenario? Do we win that trade? Is it a wash? Is Key more valuable at UGA than McGee would be here?
This is a probable scenario.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Fritz may have wanted this kept quiet until his season is over. **** Sheridan pulled out of a deal to coach at UGA when they leaked it early before his bowl game and he was at Furman. Went to NCSU instead.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Not to be rude, but y’all do realize what a big time name McGee is, right? And that he’s been an AHC at UGAg? And that he has been a hot name considered as a possibility for other P5 jobs?
I do realize that he’s been considered as a HC… but has he been considered as an OC if he’s never called plays in his career? Legitimately asking, not to be rude.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I do realize that he’s been considered as a HC… but has he been considered as an OC if he’s never called plays in his career? Legitimately asking, not to be rude.
I get it. With a Fritz hire you’re getting Fritz offense. Being the OC doesn’t necessarily mean the game plan and all playcalling are on you.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Georgia hired our OL coach under GOL and RF. As has been said if they can help them win they don't care, like was also said that should be the same with us. CFB is all about winning ( and tailgating)

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
He's also currently listed as the run game coordinator at uga. I don't know how much game planning/play calling is included in that role (if any) but it at least sounds more involved and closer to an OC role than just having the RB coach title alone.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Anyone contemplated that Tulane could turn around and hire Key? We could watch him coach in a NYE bowl, then He‘d probably pull half our damn team with him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's also currently listed as the run game coordinator at uga. I don't know how much game planning/play calling is included in that role (if any) but it at least sounds more involved and closer to an OC role than just having the RB coach title alone.

Assistant Head Coach, passing game coordinator, run game coordinator, Co-Defensive coordinator....mostly ceremonial and comes with a nice bump in pay to say "We're not giving you a full promotion you want, but we understand how important you are us so take this giant suitcase full of money and new business cards with a spiffy new title under your name."

Status
Not open for further replies.