Ahmaud Arbery murder case

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Some people consider burglarizing houses to be kind of offensive, especially if it's their own or in their neighborhood.
The guy didn't burgle anything though, the video even shows that. He had nothing on him either. The McMichaels suspected him of OTHER crimes from OTHER days not even the day they pursued him.

The owner of the home under construction has publicly said that nothing was stolen from the house. What burglary are you referring to?

But according to the definition of Burglary, the intruder only has to have the intent to commit a crime.

"entry into a building illegally with intent to commit a crime, especially theft."

GT_EE78

Banned
The owner of the home under construction has publicly said that nothing was stolen from the house. What burglary are you referring to?
guess you missed a previous post.
I always take a hammer when i go jogging, Don't you?
upload_2020-5-12_19-10-48-jpeg.8304

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
But according to the definition of Burglary, the intruder only has to have the intent to commit a crime.

"entry into a building illegally with intent to commit a crime, especially theft."
Where has it been proven he had intent to commit a crime?
I don't think anyone thinks he was jogging, only that he did nothing to warrant a situation where two guys end up shooting him to death.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

So you have knowledge of a burglary that the owner of the house does not?

Even if he did commit a crime, did the McMichaels witness said crime and know it to be a felony? Did the McMichaels directly follow Arbery or did they take the time to go inside and retrieve guns?

You are not even attempting to defend exactly what the McMichaels did, you are trying to say that Arbery was a rotten guy, so it doesn't matter what happened to him. Try to prove to me that the McMichaels had direct immediate personal knowledge of a felony, and that they acted immediately upon that felony(not suspicions of previous activity), and that they used only the force necessary to detain Arbery(which is a requirement of citizen's arrest in Georgia). Don't bother with trying to tell me what a bad guy Arbery was. I have not been trying to say that the McMichaels are bad guys. I have been pointing out that what they actually did was not legal.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Keeping with the theme...
Louisville mayor demands investigation after police kill black woman in her home
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...nds-investigation-after-black-woman-killed-by

Taylor, a certified EMT in Louisville, was allegedly shot and killed by police officers in her apartment on March 13. Officials said the officers were executing a drug warrant when they entered Taylor’s home as she was asleep, according to a lawsuit filed by the victim’s family and obtained by The Washington Post and The Louisville Courier Journal.

The lawsuit, which was filed on April 27, alleges that Louisville police officers executed a search warrant at Taylor's home while looking for a man who did not live in her apartment complex. The man was also detained before officers had arrived at Taylor's apartment after midnight, according to the suit.

The lawsuit said that Kenneth Walker, Taylor's boyfriend, was in the apartment at the time and shot at officers after they entered the home without knocking or announcing who they were. Louisville police officers are accused of returning more than 20 shots, with Taylor being struck at least eight times.

Walker, a licensed gun owner, was not injured during the incident and was charged with assault and attempted murder of a police officer.

Taylor's family is accusing the officers of wrongful death, excessive force and gross negligence.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If we see a black man at a grocery store wearing a Black Panther t-shirt, should we be obligated to tell the guy that society has changed and that that kind of stupidity is no longer acceptable? Are we condoning their behavior if we don't? Could be a slippery slope if we start applying that to everything we find that's racially offensive?
I think you are drawing a false equivalency. I don't think you can make a comparison (only contrast) between a secret organization on one hand that thrives on a history of the secretly and illegally lynching minorities and burning their churches and homes for no rationale or legal reason, and a public organization on the other hand that was founded in direct response to the murder of Malcolm X and that exists solely to legally protest (some of those protests in the 60's got violent) for civil rights and justice. The members are/were well know, public leaders and were proud to stand up and be investigated/arrested for their actions. The fight for civil rights/justice continues.

GT_EE78

Banned
he did nothing to warrant a situation where two guys end up shooting him to death.
I haven't seen anyone say that he deserved to die. This is a sad and tragic case because of that loss of life.
He simply committed a crime and was fleeing. Armed persuit and citizens arrest is legal if u have Probable Cause.
If Travis pointed his gun, that's a misdemeanor in ga law.
When Arbery bulrushed him to take the gun,that was a violent felony.
Committing a felony to counter a misdemeanor is rarely rewarded unaninamously by a jury.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
We know that .You're an Epidemiologist.

When have I claimed that?

You really seem to be wanting to argue more about personality, how good/bad the person who was shot was, and vague concepts instead of discussing whether the McMichaels retrieving firearms and aggressively pursuing a man in public was legal. I guess if you can't argue facts (or at least stay focused on the facts in question), then you decide to obfuscate the facts or denigrate the people you disagree with.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't seen anyone say that he deserved to die. This is a sad and tragic case because of that loss of life.
He simply committed a crime and was fleeing. Armed persuit and citizens arrest is legal if u have Probable Cause.
Committing a felony to counter a misdemeanor is rarely rewarded unaninamously by a jury.
Oh interesting take. You are saying the person most at fault in all this is the dead guy?

Deleted member 2897

So much speculation. What if out front of the truck, the driver had the gun pointed at Ahmaud and said he was about to shoot him? What if he was also at the same time calling him derogatory names? There is a lot we don't know that you're speculating on. Originally, the driver was standing outside of the truck on the left side as you watch the video. If Ahmaud wanted to attack him and bullrush him, he would have just done so. But instead he casually swerved to jog around the right side. Only once he got to the front edge of the truck did he cut hard left. I suspect he saw and heard something that threatened his life, and so he decided to at least go down with a fight. I admit that's speculation. If he just wanted to attack those guys, he would have done it in the first place when he was arriving at the truck before guns were drawn. From when he cut hard left to when he was shot the first time is less than 1 second. The guy clearly had the gun drawn, loaded, and I suspect aimed to be able to fire that quickly. But I'll let finally an actual investigation try and hunt down those facts.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Oh interesting take. You are saying the person most at fault in all this is the dead guy?
Well after all if the guy did not run down the street, did not get shot or die there would be no arguments on here outside of C19 overhyping and mismanagement. There would just be 2 white guys with guns still sitting in the middle of a road, wasting their entire day then going home after not seeing anyone worth questioning or shooting. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t have made the news or provoked a 30 page outburst in The Lounge.

I think you are drawing a false equivalency. I don't think you can make a comparison (only contrast) between a secret organization on one hand that thrives on a history of the secretly and illegally lynching minorities and burning their churches and homes for no rationale or legal reason, and a public organization on the other hand that was founded in direct response to the murder of Malcolm X and that exists solely to legally protest (some of those protests in the 60's got violent) for civil rights and justice. The members are/were well know, public leaders and were proud to stand up and be investigated/arrested for their actions. The fight for civil rights/justice continues.

But I find it racially offensive and threatening as I'm sure do many others. Isn't that the main problem with the kkk hood?

Well after all if the guy did not run down the street, did not get shot or die there would be no arguments on here outside of C19 overhyping and mismanagement. There would just be 2 white guys with guns still sitting in the middle of a road, wasting their entire day then going home after not seeing anyone worth questioning or shooting. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t have made the news or provoked a 30 page outburst in The Lounge.

Riddle me this batman. Does a sane person really run toward guys with guns? I have a really difficult time saying that I would even consider attempting that.