Ahmaud Arbery murder case

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I just hope that the biased media coverage doesn't cause Brunswick to become the next Ferguson.

I just hope that biased people claiming the McMichaels had a right to assault him with a deadly weapon acted appropriately don't cause another Ferguson. You are just as guilty as the guys on the other side in creating unnecessary hype about the case.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'd speculate that if the McMichaels could have a do-over, that's exactly what they'd do.
and probably should have done, but are we sure they weren't trying to do that?
If you look close at that video, that thing by Greg McMichael's left ear that he was talking into didn't look a .357 magnum ....

They said to the police that they took the time to retrieve their guns before trying to apprehend him. I am pretty sure they did call the police, but they didn't wait for the police. The did in fact have guns in their hands when the blocked him on the street, which is what @Supersizethatorder-mutt said they shouldn't have done.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
One thing to remember from @Milwaukee 's video is that there are many things we haven't seen or don't know yet, like
witness statements, entire videos, coroners report, tox screen, 911 caller identities or scene photos.View attachment 8304

Did they do tox screens on the McMichaels? What was their BAC? Did the police even take the time to investigate, or did they only investigate the dead man on the street?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Shaun King and Lee Merritt teamed up to perpetrate the Sherita Dixon-Cole hate crime hoax of 2018. Dixon-Cole, who is black, falsely accused innocent white Texas state trooper Daniel Hubbard of raping her during a traffic stop.

Is this an attempt to say that Arbery falsely accused McMichael of shooting him? Why does it matter who is saying what about this case? Why does it matter if someone says he was just a jogger? Why does it matter if people say "move along, nothing to see here"? Why are you arguing against the narrative of others in this case? Why not look at available facts in this case? Does a private citizen have a right to commit assault with a deadly weapon against another private citizen because they think he might be up to no good? Yes or no? If yes, then I feel for you. If no, then why all the argument about what Arbery may or may not have been doing before he was assaulted with a deadly weapon? That has no impact on the crime that McMichael committed.

GT_EE78

Banned
They said to the police that they took the time to retrieve their guns before trying to apprehend him. I am pretty sure they did call the police, but they didn't wait for the police. The did in fact have guns in their hands when the blocked him on the street, which is what @Supersizethatorder-mutt said they shouldn't have done.
They didn't know whether or not the fleeing suspect was armed.
Maybe it was unwise but the question is whether or not it was legal.
OCGA16-11-126)Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylawfrompossessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorherpersonaweaponorlonggunonhisorherpropertyorinsidehisorherhome,motorvehicle,orplaceofbusinesswithoutavalidweaponscarrylicense.(b)Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylawfrompossessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorherpersonalonggunwithoutavalidweaponscarrylicense,providedthatifthelonggunisloaded,itshallonlybecarriedinanopenandfullyexposedmanner.”

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest
A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
They didn't know whether or not the fleeing suspect was armed.
Maybe it was unwise but the question is whether or not it was legal.
OCGA16-11-126)Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylawfrompossessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorherpersonaweaponorlonggunonhisorherpropertyorinsidehisorherhome,motorvehicle,orplaceofbusinesswithoutavalidweaponscarrylicense.(b)Anypersonwhoisnotprohibitedbylawfrompossessingahandgunorlonggunmayhaveorcarryonhisorherpersonalonggunwithoutavalidweaponscarrylicense,providedthatifthelonggunisloaded,itshallonlybecarriedinanopenandfullyexposedmanner.”

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest
A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

"fleeing suspect"? Your choice of words doesn't seem to be better than the other side that you like to argue with.

What about this Georgia code?
O.C.G.A. 16-5-21 (2010)
16-5-21. Aggravated assault

(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault when he or she assaults:

(1) With intent to murder, to rape, or to rob;

(2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury; or ..........

If you try to say that they didn't commit "assault" then look at:
O.C.G.A. 16-5-20 (2010)
16-5-20. Simple assault

(a) A person commits the offense of simple assault when he or she either:

(1) Attempts to commit a violent injury to the person of another; or

(2) Commits an act which places another in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

If someone were to have a shotgun in their hand and tell me forcefully to stop, I would have a "reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury".

You are choosing "fleeing suspect". You are only looking at the legal authority to carry a firearm. The legal authority to carry a firearm isn't the same as legal authority to threaten someone with that firearm. You have quoted the citizen arrest law before. I haven't seen anything that supports a belief that they actually witnessed him commit a felony. If they didn't actually witness him commit a felony, then they have no legal authority to make a citizen's arrest. There have been court cases in which people are charged with false imprisonment because they honestly mistakenly thought they were in the right to hold someone. They don't have to "think" he did. They have to "know" that he did. They can't "think" he "fits the description" of someone who has been involved in burglaries, they have to in the immediate time period witness him commit a felony.

EDIT: (I am not a lawyer, but as I understand it)The citizen's arrest statute has requirements of using only the force necessary to hold the person until police arrive from some court cases, if you read through the annotated Georgia code. McMichael is apparently claiming self-defense, which is a justification defense. The state doesn't have to prove that he didn't act in self defense, he has to prove that he did act in self defense. He will have to prove that he was justified in making a citizens arrest. He will have to prove that a shotgun was necessary force in making that citizens arrest. He will have to prove that Arbery's actions caused the altercation, not his threat with a shotgun. That seems like an awful lot to prove with very little evidence.

Last edited:

GT_EE78

Banned
Is this an attempt to say that Arbery falsely accused McMichael of shooting him? Why does it matter who is saying what about this case? Why does it matter if someone says he was just a jogger? Why does it matter if people say "move along, nothing to see here"? Why are you arguing against the narrative of others in this case? Why not look at available facts in this case? Does a private citizen have a right to commit assault with a deadly weapon against another private citizen because they think he might be up to no good? Yes or no? If yes, then I feel for you. If no, then why all the argument about what Arbery may or may not have been doing before he was assaulted with a deadly weapon? That has no impact on the crime that McMichael committed.
The narrative that redneck vigilantes are hunting down innocent joggers is ludicrous.
merril,Crump and these media outlets have committed race-hate hoaxes before.
I'm only looking at the facts and the law.
Loaded question. Try baiting someone else.
You can claim DA bias but that hasn't been proven. Aren't you curious why 3 separate DA's now have declined to prosecute this case?
Try looking calmly at the facts and law.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The narrative that redneck vigilantes are hunting down innocent joggers is ludicrous.
merril,Crump and these media outlets have committed race-hate hoaxes before.
I'm only looking at the facts and the law.
Loaded question. Try baiting someone else.
You can claim DA bias but that hasn't been proven. Aren't you curious why 3 separate DA's now have declined to prosecute this case?
Try looking calmly at the facts and law.

The narrative that he deserved to be chased down with a shotgun is ludicrous also.
I am only looking at facts and the law.
That is the only question that matters. The McMichaels told the police that they retrieved weapons and tried to apprehend him because he matched the description of someone they had seen in prior video committing burglary. That is "they thought he might be up to no good". They approached him aggressively with deadly weapons, that is assault with a deadly weapon. Do they have the right to commit assault with a deadly weapon because he "matches a description of someone from a prior video committing burglary"? If not, then they are in a lot of trouble.
I can read the letter that the DA himself published to see that he includes things that are totally not necessary in order to recuse himself from the case. I can read statements from the National District Attorneys Association that say that he should not be making public statements about the case.
I only count 2 DAs who "declined" to prosecute. One recused herself immediately.(After passing the case to one of her employee's father). The second DA said within 2 hours of meeting the police that the shooting was justified, and is now being criticized by the National District Attorneys Association. The third DA said that he was planning to present to a grand jury, but the case was taken away from him by the state Attorney General.
I am pretty calm. I am looking at the law. I am not using language such as "just a jogger". I am also not using language like "fleeing suspect". Which one of us is using such language?

Milwaukee

Banned
... and therefore he deserved to die in the street.

People.

Literally nobody has said this. He was murdered in my opinion, in cold blood, and he deserves justice to be served and the McMichaels should die by execution. But you need to stop with the he was a jogger bull****, me and my son can’t even jog without being hunted bull****, and everyone is saying he deserved to die simply because he was trespassing bull****. Literally nobody here has said this. Stop being a f’n drama queen.

Literally nobody has said this. Stop acting like a girl.
He was murdered in my opinion, in cold blood, and he deserves justice to be served and the McMichaels should die by execution. But you need to stop with the he was a jogger bull****, me and my son can’t even jog without being hunted bull****, and everyone is saying he deserved to die since he was trespassing bull****. Literally nobody here has said this. Stop being a f’n drama queen.
I go to and teach a SS class in a small church with currently one black member, a 30-year old guy in my SS class. He asked Sunday in our online class if he should feel safe if he went jogging. My answer was from my heart, and I told him to NEVER go jogging unless at least one white person was with him. There may not be anybody "hunting" him, but there are plenty of rednecks who would see him running on a street and immediately conclude he was running FROM something and needed to be stopped. There may not be a lot of such people, but it only takes one, and he could be dead.

Milwaukee

Banned
I go to and teach a SS class in a small church with currently one black member, a 30-year old guy in my SS class. He asked Sunday in our online class if he should feel safe if he went jogging. My answer was from my heart, and I told him to NEVER go jogging unless at least one white person was with him. There may not be anybody "hunting" him, but there are plenty of rednecks who would see him running on a street and immediately conclude he was running FROM something and needed to be stopped. There may not be a lot of such people, but it only takes one, and he could be dead.

It’s so sad people like you (old and out of touch) have access to young people. Breaks my heart.

I grew up in Alabama and am still in contact with members in my church, you would not be allowed though the doors with your propaganda, Super.

I feel sorry for the “students” you’re speaking with when it comes to life and race. I still love you though.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Literally nobody has said this. He was murdered in my opinion, in cold blood, and he deserves justice to be served and the McMichaels should die by execution. But you need to stop with the he was a jogger bull****, me and my son can’t even jog without being hunted bull****, and everyone is saying he deserved to die simply because he was trespassing bull****. Literally nobody here has said this. Stop being a f’n drama queen.

I wish I had the option to be flippant about all this.

I'll leave you guys to discuss it among yourselves since my viewpoints don't jibe enough with the status quo.

It’s so sad people like you (old and out of touch) have access to young people. Breaks my heart.

I grew up in Alabama and am still in contact with members in my church, you would not be allowed though the doors with your propaganda, Super.

I feel sorry for the “students” you’re speaking with when it comes to life and race. I still love you though.
OMG, you are totally out of touch with reality.

Milwaukee

Banned

I'll leave you guys to discuss it among yourselves since my viewpoints don't jibe enough with the status quo.

What a copout dude. You literally said things and won’t stand by them now so you’re doing the fake “I’ll just bow out cause I don’t have time to argue with people who don’t get it.”

Lol Explain your ridiculous statements or just go, but don’t play like you’re a victim dude. You’re better than this KG.

Please do not leave or be silent. You and I may be in disagreement on other things, but this old very conservative white man appreciates your thoughts on this matter and totally agrees with you on it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Really? No black dude in my neighborhood is concerned about jogging where I live. None. If anyone lives in that kind of neighborhood, I feel sorry for you. Law & order should not get that out of control.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What a copout dude. You literally said things and won’t stand by them now so you’re doing the fake “I’ll just bow out cause I don’t have time to argue with people who don’t get it.”

Lol Explain your ridiculous statements or just go, but don’t play like you’re a victim dude. You’re better than this KG.

I stand by everything I said.

The problem is you've misread something I said and, instead of going back and fixing your mistake, you're attributing something to me that I never said.

And worse, you're calling me out for failing(sic) to explain your mistaken quote.

I'll pass.

Really? No black dude in my neighborhood is concerned about jogging where I live. None. If anyone lives in that kind of neighborhood, I feel sorry for you. Law & order should not get that out of control.
The part of town where this young man lives would be rife with risks for him; he lives in an apartment complex where I am sure he would be safe, but that apartment complex is in an area where there are also plenty of low-scale homes, and many people in areas like that are very prejudiced in their views of blacks. Where I live, I don't know. I live in relatively upscale area, but even there, I bet you would find some very biased individuals, mostly older ones, who if asked would probably at least express some kind of concern if they saw a young black man running by himself down the streets.

Milwaukee

Banned
I stand by everything I said.

The problem is you've misread something I said and, instead of going back and fixing your mistake, you're attributing something to me that I never said.

And worse, you're calling me out for failing(sic) to explain your mistaken quote.

I'll pass.

lol nevermind dude. You’re literally still doing it. Carry on with Super lmao