Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
AB announcing transfer commit tommorow. I hate to see him go but understand putting your family first. I hope he does well and wish him the best.

Please don't be FSU.
I'm almost willing to bet he doesn't go to a Florida school. Rumor is the family thing was a cop out. He wanted the ball more.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Should’ve found a way to have gotten open then. If that’s the case, good luck and bye!
He was open a good bit before he was injured. Sims struggled connecting on the deep ball and CDP failed to utilize AB in other ways. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I thought UCF might be a perfect spot, but I guess we’ll see.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
He was open a good bit before he was injured. Sims struggled connecting on the deep ball and CDP failed to utilize AB in other ways. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. I thought UCF might be a perfect spot, but I guess we’ll see.
I agree UCF or USF.
If he was worried about getting the ball he should avoid USF like the plague

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He had a total of 2 catches for 11 yards against VT and Georgie last year. Mostly he out ran lesser teams' safeties on fly routes, and not so much against better teams. Some of that was pass blocking and QB issues. But he is short and not physical, which limits him.

I wish him well, but I'm not sure he is as good as he thinks he is.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He had a total of 2 catches for 11 yards against VT and Georgie last year. Mostly he out ran lesser teams' safeties on fly routes, and not so much against better teams. Some of that was pass blocking and QB issues. But he is short and not physical, which limits him.

To be fair, he wasn't just fast. He was also really good as well as adjusting to the ball. In other words, it didn't require the ball to be perfectly placed in his hands for him to make a catch. I do agree that he needs all the other pieces (OL, run game, efficient QB, other WR's requiring defensive attention) to be in place for him to be at maximum efficiency (as noted by the games in which he "disappeared") and therefore is not a true legitimate #1 receiver. He may understand that and thus his reason for transferring.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I missed this news earlier. Man! What a bummer. I was hoping he would re-emerge next year. Regardless of his deficiencies, that kind of deep speed has been very rare at Tech,

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck

Well, I would tend to say that our QB ran for his life and didn’t have time to release the long ball against VT and Ga. I’m also thinking that the Clemson defenders were not nearly as slow as Brown made them look.
I’m not butt hu

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Brown will be missed. And it is interesting since he was a Collins recruit. I think he got less chances with the offense being more efficient on intermediate passes in 2020 vs. 2019. So the goal was to spread the passes around to more people. Brown was clearly Graham's number one go to receiver and Graham was better at deep passes than Sims (so far). I hope Brown gets where he wants to be and hopefully not at an opponent we will face. I think with the Wide Receivers we have picked up, we will have a good group but very, very young with Brown and Camp's departure.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I like how a guy decides to transfer and we feel the need to point out all the deficiencies in his game and say he is not as good as he thinks he is. I also like how we assume he is lying about his reason for transferring. Fandom at its best.
Yea, doesn’t make sense. This transfer hurts. Only other one I can think of that did was Braun in year one. It’s okay to admit that.

I’m secretly hoping he changes his mind but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

Brown has elite speed and ability to adjust to the ball while it’s in the air. He also seems to be a good route runner. He will be missed a lot next year.

Hopefully McCollum, Haynes or Rutherford can step up and fill that void.