Ahmarean brown has entered the transfer portal

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
What's hilarious is all the guys who bragged about AB as a WR and CGC for recruiting him suddenly pointing out all the flaws they see in AB's game. Matches all of the excuse buying we've been seeing.

Not really he’s a threat and should’ve got the ball more.

It’s no different than the same 4/5 using him transferring out as a sign things are bad within

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Not really he’s a threat and should’ve got the ball more.

It’s no different than the same 4/5 using him transferring out as a sign things are bad within
I don't think it necessarily spells doom and gloom, certainly not a good sign. There will always, however, be a few that think it's the end of the world.

It's just funny how quickly people's opinions change on a player they admired.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If he goes to any school not in the state of FL then it wasn't a family back home issue. It was a scheme, culture issue. We shall see.
I am willing to bet he ends up at FSU/USF/UCF/Miami. But even then a flight to tampa is like an hour and 5 minutes. Not sure what being in Miami would make a difference. I always question when players or word gets out it is due to family. Unless you're from FL and you're playing for a PAC12/Big12/Big10 team I can't see why you would go to the home state unless it is in your home town.

If he is going home it should be USF, MAYBE UCF. FSU is still roughly 4 hrs away.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
nO sCReeN @TheTechGuy

giphy.gif

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Now tell us the reason you cut the play off b/c we all know.
You said in your post that there weren’t plays designed to go to AB. This was clearly set up to be a screen pass to him. Why didn’t Sims throw him the ball? Who knows? But it’s not CDP’s scheme or play calling that prevented that play from going to Brown.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
LMAO take the L
Your L is that you found one play where we set up Brown as an option for a screen and didn't actually throw the screen? I wonder if Brown expressed his frustration with a lack of designed plays to P'Nut and P'Nut showed him this play. Maybe that's what led to the transfer...lmao

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Don't respond if you are not allowed but to others... Should RT Williams be guiding his man further down field? Appears Sims can't find AB with Williams in his way. Also looks like our RG was held trying to get off a block. Lots to digest there.
Yes but it looks the DE did a great job holding Williams so he couldn’t get. Still wish Jeff got the ball out

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't respond if you are not allowed but to others... Should RT Williams be guiding his man further down field? Appears Sims can't find AB with Williams in his way. Also looks like our RG was held trying to get off a block. Lots to digest there.
Yes but it looks the DE did a great job holding Williams so he couldn’t get. Still wish Jeff got the ball out
Why would @Ibeeballin not be allowed to respond? Also not sure why he said he can't post videos...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What's hilarious is all the guys who bragged about AB as a WR and CGC for recruiting him suddenly pointing out all the flaws they see in AB's game. Matches all of the excuse buying we've been seeing.

I sometimes wonder if you just purposefully misrepresent what happens or do you honestly believe the nonsense that you post?

The point about AB being our best WR last year and CGC recruiting him was almost always mentioned in the context of what Collins was left to work with. That our best WR last year was a true freshman slot receiver was indicative of a problem that people like you wanted, and still want, to bury your head in the sand about.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Your L is that you found one play where we set up Brown as an option for a screen and didn't actually throw the screen? I wonder if Brown expressed his frustration with a lack of designed plays to P'Nut and P'Nut showed him this play. Maybe that's what led to the transfer...lmao
I’m sorry, you asked for A Screen pass.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I sometimes wonder if you just purposefully misrepresent what happens or do you honestly believe the nonsense that you post?

The point about AB being our best WR last year and CGC recruiting him was almost always mentioned in the context of what Collins was left to work with. That our best WR last year was a true freshman slot receiver was indicative of a problem that people like you wanted, and still want, to bury your head in the sand about.
At least one person in the post-game thread was calling Brown a home run threat just last night. I personally think he's a really good player, and we didn't emphasize getting him the ball enough this year.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I personally think Browns stats last year were part of lack of respect for his speed. That including plays breaking down and the safeties not defending over the top on us. Most teams put 8 in the box against us LOL. Basically his TDS last year were lob prayer passes and he ran up under them. Think playing madden with the Chiefs and throwing a fly route to Tyreek Hill. Same concept. Brown has a ways to go to be a more well rounded WR. At that size you better be as fast as Hill/ Hollywood Brown. Otherwise your more average corners will be able to body you up.

He was a great story for 2019, but McCollum can replace the speed. We also have Malik and Haynes coming in. Now if Sims, Gibbs, Domineck, transfer I would be concerned.

I actually fully expected to hear Mason transferring soon. Next year should be a full blown sell out to win 6+ games. We may use and abuse Gibbs. Masons carries will probably significantly drop. He has looked okay this year, but never fully picked up from last year. Also due to scheming more towards passing, and addition of Gibbs, but I can see him going to a mid major and doing well. Build his draft stock.

I think we see some Defensive guys transfer out as well.

Originally I said we shouldnt see too much attrition, but I think we will see a total of 7-12. Some may be "bigger" names, but none that will kill the program like a Sims/ Gibbs transfer.