AFC Champs Practicing at Tech

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
LOL...maybe one day our own fans will accept that our facilities are pretty darn good.

If we get that edge redesign built we'll have maybe the best in the nation. All the glass the open offices overlooking the Bobby Dodd. It really would set us apart and actually look like something designed by Engineers. Hell I'd even make it "smart" glass using this stuff

https://www.reuters.com/video/2017/06/06/turning-car-windows-into-video-displays?videoId=371819373

think about it, during the game we turn a building into the biggest jumbotron ever.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If we get that edge redesign built we'll have maybe the best in the nation. All the glass the open offices overlooking the Bobby Dodd. It really would set us apart and actually look like something designed by Engineers. Hell I'd even make it "smart" glass using this stuff

https://www.reuters.com/video/2017/06/06/turning-car-windows-into-video-displays?videoId=371819373

think about it, during the game we turn a building into the biggest jumbotron ever.

I touched on it in another thread, but GT really does have opportunities that have been untapped. One of the great things about being in an exploding city like Atlanta is GT can grow with the city and become very visible on the national and world stage as long as we play our cards correctly.

Not gonna lie, I get excited just thinking about all the potential GT and our football program has.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I touched on it in another thread, but GT really does have opportunities that have been untapped. One of the great things about being in an exploding city like Atlanta is GT can grow with the city and become very visible on the national and world stage as long as we play our cards correctly.

Not gonna lie, I get excited just thinking about all the potential GT and our football program has.

You know what else would be cool. Might be expensive but cool if you did that with the edge building you could rent out a theatre in silicon valley for our west coast graduates to virtually go to a game ( watches the broadcast) but you have it actually playing camera setups of the people watching like they are stands. Show that we have a nationwide appeal even for smaller games. And since you control what gets broadcast if you got a game that doesn't look that well you do something different that day.

Combine that with VR tickets ( set up vr cameras in the stadium and let people pay for the feed even if it doesn't get widespread adoption it be talked about every ESPN broadcast as being an "only at tech" thing.)

Animal02

Banned
You know what else would be cool. Might be expensive but cool if you did that with the edge building you could rent out a theatre in silicon valley for our west coast graduates to virtually go to a game ( watches the broadcast) but you have it actually playing camera setups of the people watching like they are stands. Show that we have a nationwide appeal even for smaller games. And since you control what gets broadcast if you got a game that doesn't look that well you do something different that day.

Combine that with VR tickets ( set up vr cameras in the stadium and let people pay for the feed even if it doesn't get widespread adoption it be talked about every ESPN broadcast as being an "only at tech" thing.)
I have my doubts the ESPN and ACC broadcast contracts would allow that.

Animal02

Banned

You do not want building designed by engineers.......unless you want conduit and duct work obscuring windows because it is the most direct path. ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You do not want building designed by engineers.......unless you want conduit and duct work obscuring windows because it is the most direct path. ;)
That is a no kidding.
By way far far far - You arch students had the toughest course of study at gt.

In 76 . Had to design a oil terminal at long beach harbor Calif. My engr staff made first pass to get a rough layout.
Then took to local Arch to make 3D rendering of what it needed to look like in order to get it permited.
You guys think in 3d and from a bird eye view.