AFC Champs Practicing at Tech

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow

It will be good to have either Mason or Butker back on the Flats. Anyone know if there are any rules about what kind of interaction the staff / players / recruits could have with the pros?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

It will be good to have either Mason or Butker back on the Flats. Anyone know if there are any rules about what kind of interaction the staff / players / recruits could have with the pros?

I would assume facilities would have to be pretty good in order for the NFL to voluntarily choose your facilities, right? So GT must have some pretty good facilities.

As an aside, CGC is gonna have social media field day with this!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

Might be some internal GT team and coach rules (as well as student and faculty rules, etc.) to stay completely away from the NFL team’s preparations. So that it will likely be all business for the NFL team. No distractions.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I tend to agree, but where else in ATL would they practice besides flowery branch?

Flowery Branch is 50+ minutes (really over an hour with traffic) from Atlanta (the Benz)...that's where the NFC is training

Athens is 117 minutes from Atlanta (the Benz) and could easily have been chosen as well.

GA State, but they don't have full complement of facilities or level of facilities as GT. Same with Clark Atlanta.

That's kinda my point. GT has top level facilities otherwise the highest level of football wouldn't have chosen us regardless of location.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Flowery Branch is 50+ minutes (really over an hour with traffic) from Atlanta (the Benz)...that's where the NFC is training

Athens is 117 minutes from Atlanta (the Benz) and could easily have been chosen as well.

GA State, but they don't have full complement of facilities or level of facilities as GT. Same with Clark Atlanta.

That's kinda my point. GT has top level facilities otherwise the highest level of football wouldn't have chosen us regardless of location.

try not to step on any agendas lol!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

My point as well - where else in ATL would have better facilities than us? You dont think there should be any consideration given to AUC or gsu compared to us do you?

Obviously ugag has some good facilities but almost 4 hours of round trip travel time per practice session (per your time travel given) would be absurd.

I guess you think I am being disrespectful, or something, to our facilities?

I would be surprised if anyone here were not surprised, shocked or angry if we didn't have the best facilities around.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My point as well - where else in ATL would have better facilities than us? You dont think there should be any consideration given to AUC or gsu compared to us do you?

Obviously ugag has some good facilities but almost 4 hours of round trip travel time per practice session (per your time travel given) would be absurd.

I guess you think I am being disrespectful, or something, to our facilities?

I would be surprised if anyone here were not surprised, shocked or angry if we didn't have the best facilities around.

Lol. Let's simplify it:

You can't use something that doesn't exist.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a bit surprised they aren't practicing on a field with turf similar to MBS turf. I can't recall what game it was but there was a college/professional team practicing at our local high school a few years back due to the similarity in playing turf.