Adidas Swag watch 2018

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not sure that makes all that much sense. Georgia Tech still licenses many other apparel providers to sell items with its logo (Nike, Under Armour, Antigua, Columbia to name a few off the top of my head). Being the official apparel provider doesn't mean other providers can't sell licensed items.

I would LOVE for GT to only allow Adidas to handle their merchandise. I want them making the stickers, clothes, shoes, home goods, flags, chairs. At least run through Adidas to make sure the colors are right. There needs to be a QC quality check on these things

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the info. The email said it was invite-only, and though I'm a STH and double alum (BS and most recently MBA) I'm certainly low on the donor totem pole. Kinda curious how I made the "cut".
I'm in the same situation. I'm a season ticket holder and make my yearly roll call and AT fund donations, but don't donate enough to be high on any list. Can't figure out why I got the email.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Why is it dumb to make it an exclusive event? Shouldn't people have incentive to continue to donate and fund things. We don't even know what it is yet, so how can anyone possibly know if this should be a closed door, excited the donors kind of thing or not.

That you don't agree with the threshold used, sure we can complain about that (but we would have to know what it was first). Some times (READ OFTEN) exclusivity drives perception of value. Maybe this kind of event will encourage people to donate more $.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Why is it dumb to make it an exclusive event? Shouldn't people have incentive to continue to donate and fund things. We don't even know what it is yet, so how can anyone possibly know if this should be a closed door, excited the donors kind of thing or not.

That you don't agree with the threshold used, sure we can complain about that (but we would have to know what it was first). Some times (READ OFTEN) exclusivity drives perception of value. Maybe this kind of event will encourage people to donate more $.
Why not like somebody else said make it public but require a donation. Easy money maker

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Why not like somebody else said make it public but require a donation. Easy money maker

exactly and with the fan base or lack of fan base tech has, you're better off offering something upfront for cheaper. Rather than allowing the very few who donate every year to see it. It's called building a brand and a NAME. Something we lack.

It should be a known public event. Requiring a donation to the athletic fund to attend. MAke it something like $100-$150 bucks and convince guys like Calvin Johnson and Keith Brooking to be present and do a meet and greet. That way it persuades a casual fan or nonfan to maybe come check it out. Then you wow them with the showmanship of Adidas and GT together.

Hopefully then you gain fans for life. We seriously lack a casual fan base, we need to at all costs drive revenue through that platform.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
exactly and with the fan base or lack of fan base tech has, you're better off offering something upfront for cheaper. Rather than allowing the very few who donate every year to see it. It's called building a brand and a NAME. Something we lack.

It should be a known public event. Requiring a donation to the athletic fund to attend. MAke it something like $100-$150 bucks and convince guys like Calvin Johnson and Keith Brooking to be present and do a meet and greet. That way it persuades a casual fan or nonfan to maybe come check it out. Then you wow them with the showmanship of Adidas and GT together.

Hopefully then you gain fans for life. We seriously lack a casual fan base, we need to at all costs drive revenue through that platform.

Gotta agree. I mean we do have campaign going on trying to raise money. Might as well take advantage of the situation.

What time is the event?

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the info. The email said it was invite-only, and though I'm a STH and double alum (BS and most recently MBA) I'm certainly low on the donor totem pole. Kinda curious how I made the "cut".
Ditto. I'm a STH and single alum (masters) so wonder how I made the cut too.

Interestingly, I just got the email with the 2018/2019 Goals this morning ("We develop the young people who will change the world!") but my fiancé got it earlier this week. idk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That could make sense, and probably has a lot of merit, I am just saying there is a time and a place for all different kinds of fundraising events. To Date TStan has shown to be fairly shrewd in the way he is running that piece of the machine, so until we get more details about the event I think it is premature to prejudge if it was the right approach for THIS event.

DO Think we should do this type of event though.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Gotta agree. I mean we do have campaign going on trying to raise money. Might as well take advantage of the situation.

What time is the event?

As the saying goes. You have to spend money to make money. We are afraid of that. To the point it handicaps us a lot...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, but when did the e-mail go out?