Adidas Swag watch 2018

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
We are the only team ever to do a new branding and realease our 2 main colors and not even make apparel in one of those colors. I find it laughable at this stage

PTCjacket

Banned
We are the only team ever to do a new branding and realease our 2 main colors and not even make apparel in one of those colors. I find it laughable at this stage

The main polos and pullovers were available in gold this summer but they must have sold out in a hurry because now they are no longer on the various websites. I bought 2 different gold adidas polos and a gold quarter zip pullover before the season started.

The one thing I haven't seen at all since the changeover is a gold hoodie.

That said, I agree, it's laughable that they didn't make more gold for the initial rollout. The one complaint that fans have had over the years was lack of gold gear, so the GTAA and Adidas should have done their homework and prepared for this.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The main polos and pullovers were available in gold this summer but they must have sold out in a hurry because now they are no longer on the various websites. I bought 2 different gold adidas polos and a gold quarter zip pullover before the season started.

The one thing I haven't seen at all since the changeover is a gold hoodie.

That said, I agree, it's laughable that they didn't make more gold for the initial rollout. The one complaint that fans have had over the years was lack of gold gear, so the GTAA and Adidas should have done their homework and prepared for this.

If home games are in indication then gold has been selling really fast bc that’s all i see.

PTCjacket

Banned
If home games are in indication then gold has been selling really fast bc that’s all i see.

that's great news. This has been a weird year for me because I have literally been out of town (for personal and business related reasons) for every home game this year, which is why I gave up my season tickets. I was hoping that the fanbase would do their part with this apparel transition.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

I have an adidas gold polo, gold pullover and two gold t-shirts, so "not even make apparel" is far from the truth. I do think the retailers underestimated demand, but I'm not sure what GTAA could have done about that. They can't force anyone to order anything. The people ordering product do it without any emotion -- they look at data and trends and try to make sure they won't have inventory left over. They'd rather sell out rather than have unsold items when the next shipment hits.

The inventory in the actual bookstore (not online) exceeded my expectations, and they've seemed to add something new every few weeks. With Russell, they put stuff out before football season, and that was it for the rest of the year.

I know keeping things in perspective would put message boards out of business, but the deal is not even 4 months old. There are worse problems in the world than not having a specific piece of clothing.

Milwaukee

Banned
I have an adidas gold polo, gold pullover and two gold t-shirts, so "not even make apparel" is far from the truth. I do think the retailers underestimated demand, but I'm not sure what GTAA could have done about that. They can't force anyone to order anything. The people ordering product do it without any emotion -- they look at data and trends and try to make sure they won't have inventory left over. They'd rather sell out rather than have unsold items when the next shipment hits.

The inventory in the actual bookstore (not online) exceeded my expectations, and they've seemed to add something new every few weeks. With Russell, they put stuff out before football season, and that was it for the rest of the year.

I know keeping things in perspective would put message boards out of business, but the deal is not even 4 months old. There are worse problems in the world than not having a specific piece of clothing.

Agreed - there are plenty of gold products available to purchase if you really want them, I don't understand why he keeps crying at the clouds about this. But they're not gonna make a ton of it simply because it's ugly. Buy a gold polo to wear to the games, but why on God's green earth wouldn't you wear white or navy everywhere else?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agreed - there are plenty of gold products available to purchase if you really want them, I don't understand why he keeps crying at the clouds about this. But they're not gonna make a ton of it simply because it's ugly. Buy a gold polo to wear to the games, but why on God's green earth wouldn't you wear white or navy everywhere else?

That’s my point. From a lifestyle/casual POV, gold is the least likely color i would wear

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
And we've gone through it a million times with you. Navy and white are all they make because it sells the most.

Because we hardly ever see it, when gold items are available, I buy them as fast as possible. I understand the "fashionista" statement about navy blue looking better on most people, but I am a guy, and I know our school colors, so I wear gold and white when possible.