Adidas Swag watch 2018

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Got the STH tshirts yesterday, YEAH!

Is it me or is the shade of gold lighter than the "new" GT Gold?
Definitely a little darker than the previous buzz gold used before, but not as deep gold a the new GR Gold supposed to be.
I held the shirt up to the TV to compare to the color of the "new gold" during today's Atlanta Dream game (at GT) and have compared to what GTAA sent as part of the GT Season Ticket Holder package (clear bad / water bottle) paper work that accompanied the package, the compared new gold color announcement earlier this year.

Color me GT Gold disappointed that the shirts aren't the new GT Gold, but a lighter shade. :(

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Definitely a little darker than the previous buzz gold used before, but not as deep gold a the new GR Gold supposed to be.
I held the shirt up to the TV to compare to the color of the "new gold" during today's Atlanta Dream game (at GT) and have compared to what GTAA sent as part of the GT Season Ticket Holder package (clear bad / water bottle) paper work that accompanied the package, the compared new gold color announcement earlier this year.

Color me GT Gold disappointed that the shirts aren't the new GT Gold, but a lighter shade. :(
Time for a new TV. They’re the right shade of gold.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow

It is the new Tech Gold, but it's going to look slightly different on different surfaces and materials. There's also 2 different Tech Golds, one is metallic and the other not.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The hat is the old color.
Paperwork from the package that had the bag and water bottle.
Hopefully the GTAA art sheet is attached.
ba52a746cbd90fb582ebd74b5e3106bb.jpg
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b8354e5e5a1d/georgiatech_athletic_wordmark_artsheet.pdf

bbd732f54321ec3f5972cd9c9d41b40d.jpg

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing matches. I went by the bookstore and it remains a hodgepodge of colors. Online is even worse.

Hopefully, someone will enforce the standards.

If the color shown on the bars at this site are the "correct gold", then I have yet to see an actual clothing item that dark in person. I have seen some "images" showing clothing that dark, but the actual products are not. Oh well, it just appears that it does not matter who makes our "swag". They will all have issues making the consistent gold color. I realize all fabrics are not the same, but I do believe it is possible to get them closer, and if you miss, miss darker, not lighter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nothing matches. I went by the bookstore and it remains a hodgepodge of colors. Online is even worse.

Hopefully, someone will enforce the standards.
I don't think retailers and apparel makers are compelled to follow the guidelines, not sure, though. The guidelines are for official school usage of our identity graphics.

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
Time for a new TV. They’re the right shade of gold.

Don’t put too much stock in a TV or monitor comparison with real life, especially if comparing to a photograph on the screen. Different screens will reproduce colors with different accuracy. Most people do not calibrate them for accuracy either, we just adjust the brightness and other settings till it looks good. Finally, lighting and white balance will have an effect on the colors in a photograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I don't think retailers and apparel makers are compelled to follow the guidelines, not sure, though. The guidelines are for official school usage of our identity graphics.

This is the correct answer, at least to my understanding.

All the new sexy adidas swag already isn't in Pantone 4515 C nor 8383 C.

upload_2018-8-27_14-44-19.png

"PMS 8383 C may be substituted for PMS 4515 C if manufacturer is able to print in metallic

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the correct answer, at least to my understanding.

All the new sexy adidas swag already isn't in Pantone 4515 C nor 8383 C.

View attachment 3990

"PMS 8383 C may be substituted for PMS 4515 C if manufacturer is able to print in metallic
The adidas t-shirts they had at Spring Game are the new Tech Gold. That gold closely matches all the other adidas gold items I have purchased. Not sure why you're saying none of the adidas stuff is in Tech Gold????

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The adidas t-shirts they had at Spring Game are the new Tech Gold. That gold closely matches all the other adidas gold items I have purchased. Not sure why you're saying none of the adidas stuff is in Tech Gold????

I think that people want it to match...

Which shade of Tech Gold does the shirt match? Just asking, because to my eyes they don't match.

upload_2018-8-27_15-26-7.png

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Which shade of Tech Gold does the shirt match? Just asking, because to my eyes they don't match.

View attachment 3994

NEITHER...The shirt is lighter, as is the polo shirt, as is the 1/4 zip. I wish this was not true, but it is. Again, this is not important in the big scheme of things, but I do think many of us were hoping Adidas would have their act together more than Russell in this area.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Someone at Russell is seeing all the bitching from us about Adidas gold shades and they're laughing right now. We complain a ton, myself included.
This made my day today. I have been excited to buy up the new stuff, and definitely have paid the price both financially and via the shaming my wife is giving me (tic) but I will say I am happy there is some swagger back with the gear. As long as that translates to pep in the step for the boys and girls repping our Institute I am happy with it.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 3994

You’re trying to match a picture taken in unknown lighting then shown on a monitor/screen with a variety of adjustable color settings to a color swatch on another screen...yeah you’re never going to make those match up. I bet you’d notice a pretty consistent color across the various items in person.