AD Hire: J Batt

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fan giving is tops when paying off debt. I know that there has been a very nice increase in giving since G*** C****** has been fired. We have to think IPTAY way and that those $10 to $100 donations really do add up. Or else well look like the Cleveland Indians outfield wall when Owner Roger Dorn had to cover it with proctology ads to meet payroll.
The sooner we drop the look down our noses at people that didnt grad gt the better. Snide comments about walmart, or fry cooks at waffle house or farmers go home alienate potential fans

We all need to be GT AMBASSADORS recruiting sidewalk fans .

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
One thing the hiring of Jay Batt can also do: Potentially give GT a bigger and better pool of better HFC candidates.

Batt is probably a signal that GT is about to get serious about football (and other sports). I'm quite certain Batt didn't take the job without guarantees about funding his department. Potential HFCs will probably take GT's interest more seriously knowing Batt is going to give them the resources to finally fulfill the "sleeping giant" reputation we've had for a while now.

Not gonna lie...this has totally made my day and weekend.
President Cabrera did say that GTAA will be part of the next campaign for the institute. Cabrera most likely shared his thoughts with Batt as to what amount of money will be directed to Athletics as part of that campaign. I do not see Batt coming here unless that number was significant enough to help GT elevate its sports programs across the board.

This is great news for those of us who have been wishing for the Hill to properly fund athletics.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

"Batt graduated from UNC with both a bachelor's degree in journalism and mass communications as well as a master's degree in sports administration."

Journalism and Mass Communications is a good degree for an AD to have.

Last edited:

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Seems to me that three of the first posts were throwing shade at the very least. I have no idea who this dude is, I just think it's kind of funny how many voice concerns without doing any research other than looking at his bio and saying "Only on letter first name!?" and "Tarhole" :) Not really criticizing, just find it a bit humorous and so like Tech fans. :)
My post was second. No shade intended. I’m happy that we’re not making another MB type hire.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A thought occured to me. The hirings of Bobinski and Stansbury were hirings for what admins thought we are. Status quo hirings. J Batt hire is for who GT wants to be. Potentially, a next level type hiring.

Cabrera made it a point that GT athletics needs to match GT academics. That is a strong signal of what Cabrera wants GT athletics to be.