AD Hire: J Batt

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Seems to me that three of the first posts were throwing shade at the very least. I have no idea who this dude is, I just think it's kind of funny how many voice concerns without doing any research other than looking at his bio and saying "Only on letter first name!?" and "Tarhole" :) Not really criticizing, just find it a bit humorous and so like Tech fans. :)

I hear you. But I think that's just people, in general, not just 'us'. People are the worst. All of 'em.

Eta. It's also hilarious that the other AD thread gets like 5,000 pages. But the actual hire gets a ho-hum response. People, amirite?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I just think it is hilarious that the first posts about a rumor are all negative. Lol. Most of us wouldn't be able to beat a random number generator in picking a new AD, and yet we immediately find some reason why the person is unqualified and 'unexciting.' News flash...exciting isn't what we want.
Just getting out ahead of the game. Not sure if you know this or not but the GTAAs track record of hiring AD's ain't great. Since HR 3 out 4 have been total wiffs and even Drad is questionable and disliked by many. I'm not falling for it again and will be skeptical until I see results, improvements, non-screw ups that are totally controllable (getting us on probation for something stupid, ridiculous contracts), etc.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
No comment but I wasn’t really going to comment on any of the hires for AD. He has my support and I’m just excited to get this portion of the process over with. Looking forward to next Thursday!

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
He’s good. Dare I say better than we could have hoped for at this juncture. He’s young, driven, excellent at his job, a former athlete, and has all the respect of those in the know.

This might be the best hire GT has made in a decade outside of Nelly as BBall coach for the women.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Yup looks official now. I will get behind him and hope me makes the right hire. We are trending up, which is hard not to do after the past few years. Lets keep up the momentum and build something great.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Don't know anything about the guy, but my hope is that he had an in-depth enough knowledge of how Bama operates, how their NIL stuff is setup, and how Saban was able to control everything and minimize booster influence, and can implement the same here. Certainly adds a unique twist to determining the next HC, since he obviously is familiar with CBK and BOB who has also been rumored as a possible candidate.