AD Candidate List

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Go with someone with experience at an "academic" school with little fan support. You were awesome at Ohio State or Oklahoma? I don't care, that's not who we are and if you try to use your past experiences there you will fail here. Stanford, Duke, Wake, Vanderbilt, Cal, I'm sure theres some G5 schools I have forgotten. I personally like the Rice guy who was also at Stanford.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they should just go with the consensus on this forum for every major decision, what could go wrong? We’d save lots of money on an AD salary at least

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Heard a rumor from a well placed source today. He told me I could pass it along anonymously. The search committee process for the AD is expected to very accelerated. They are looking to have an AD candidate identified and hired by mid October and on campus by early November in order to facilitate hiring the new HC. The word I was told is by election day we should have someone in place.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m thinking we probably had some stuff in motion before this week if we plan to make an AD hire that quickly.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Although Geoff Duncan is presumably connected politically, he chose not to run for re-election for a reason (he is not 100% down with Kemp apparently) so there is no telling how valuable his connection will be if Kemp is re-elected, or otherwise. I think GT AD would be a good move for Duncan, I wouldn't want to stick around gop politics either.

I still think Marvin Lewis might get a look

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Heard a rumor from a well placed source today. He told me I could pass it along anonymously. The search committee process for the AD is expected to very accelerated. They are looking to have an AD candidate identified and hired by mid October and on campus by early November in order to facilitate hiring the new HC. The word I was told is by election day we should have someone in place.
I haven't heard any rumors, but I'd expect this would be on the slow side of things. I'd rather see the new AD starting their HC search before Halloween.

WhatsTheGoodWord

Georgia Tech Fan
Although Geoff Duncan is presumably connected politically, he chose not to run for re-election for a reason (he is not 100% down with Kemp apparently) so there is no telling how valuable his connection will be if Kemp is re-elected, or otherwise. I think GT AD would be a good move for Duncan, I wouldn't want to stick around gop politics either.

I still think Marvin Lewis might get a look
I still don't get why in today's athletic world we would want to hire anyone without extensive AD experience. We don't need anyone, no matter how smart and connected, to have a learning curve here.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
my opinion.

screw people at schools and already in athletics. None of them get the business and contracts world

hire a CEO type, a person who ran their own business; not someone who occupied a corporate seat that got promoted, gets running a true company; their own company....not running a governmental entity. This person probably already has a ton of money, maybe its a pay cut, not sure. But I think we have to hire someone who understands running a business, not spending money from donations.
I go back to the experience at UW Madison. They ( Pres. Donna Shalala) hired Pat Richter, former grad , played in the NFL. 2nd career was Director of HR at Oscar Mayer ( knew how to hire the right person for a job). He hired Barry Alvarez ( FB ), successfull BB coaches Stuart Jackson ; (R)ick Bennett and Bo Ryan ( both went to Final Fours). He inherited a program over $2 million in debt, and turned it into $6 million surplus while building the Kohl Center and spending $100 million to upgrade Camp Randall.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Exactly what I hoped would happen.I also hope a another group/person is screening coaches and can maybe recommend 3 best by AD hire.