ACC's top QB: Thomas or Winston?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
People see Winston and see NFL QB: size, footwork, all the throws with power and touch. They don't see that with Thomas.

JT could be the league MVP. Just look at how much better the offense is running with him at the helm vs Vad. I know the line play is better this year, but his decision making on the fly is also a major up grade to last year. He's going to be a beast next year. He could be in for a special year in 15.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like JTs throwing motion allows him to be more adept at throwing shorter to intermidiate throws with zip on them. I don't like how he throws the long ball personally. Winston has yet to lose a game as a starter, you can't take the 1rst team all ACC away from him.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel like JTs throwing motion allows him to be more adept at throwing shorter to intermidiate throws with zip on them. I don't like how he throws the long ball personally. Winston has yet to lose a game as a starter, you can't take the 1rst team all ACC away from him.
The only way JT gets first team ACC status is if we beat UGA and FSU and he has monster games in both. Then it might happen.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
If the ratings also included character, a "best example of the student athlete", JT would win in a landslide. So thankful he is representing Tech and not Winston.
The Heisman is supposed to take player "character" into consideration when making the award. Unfortunately that does not seem to be a consideration, or part of the selection equation, in recent years. IMO it should be considered when selecting the finalists..

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Mina....I like that premise but there is no way JT gets an invite to the Heisman Ceremony. He won't crack the top 5 in voting even if he torches UGA and FSU. Next year though....yeah he should get some consideration next year if that happens.
When Calvin (f'n) Johnson didn't win the Heisman, the Heisman became a big joke as far as I'm concerned.

heeled soul

Georgia Tech Fan
JT has been absolutely impressive this season. as you all have experienced in the past, the 2nd string QB is usually the fan favorite for many teams. there is no debate for your team this year, so i know you all love him.

early in the season, many UNC fans wanted to see our second string QB mitch trubisky take over for marquise williams. but when marquise finally got the coach's full trust and a chance to shine, he really has been impressive. our underwhelming season would've been a disaster without his ability to take the team out of huge holes entirely on his shoulders (btw, we're ranked 125th in points allowed). obviously, there is no longer a debate at UNC, and we all love him, again... just as we did when he was second string.

fwiw, marquise is the only QB with three weekly ACC offensive back honors. deshaun watson has two. four others have one each... JT, winston, brissett (NCSU) and murphy (BC). another factoid: marquise also has 3 wins under his belt when his defense has given up 500+ yards.

obviously, i may be alone in this forum but he'd be my choice for 1st team all ACC.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
JT has been absolutely impressive this season. as you all have experienced in the past, the 2nd string QB is usually the fan favorite for many teams. there is no debate for your team this year, so i know you all love him.

early in the season, many UNC fans wanted to see our second string QB mitch trubisky take over for marquise williams. but when marquise finally got the coach's full trust and a chance to shine, he really has been impressive. our underwhelming season would've been a disaster without his ability to take the team out of huge holes entirely on his shoulders (btw, we're ranked 125th in points allowed). obviously, there is no longer a debate at UNC, and we all love him, again... just as we did when he was second string.

fwiw, marquise is the only QB with three weekly ACC offensive back honors. deshaun watson has two. four others have one each... JT, winston, brissett (NCSU) and murphy (BC). another factoid: marquise also has 3 wins under his belt when his defense has given up 500+ yards.

obviously, i may be alone in this forum but he'd be my choice for 1st team all ACC.

You're absolutely right, but I think what you may see come into play is the typical award bias in that they will consider a player from an overall successful team before they begin looking at players further down the line. There are certainly some good quarterbacks in our conference and it will be interesting to see who wins.