ACC's top QB: Thomas or Winston?

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
JT has been absolutely impressive this season. as you all have experienced in the past, the 2nd string QB is usually the fan favorite for many teams. there is no debate for your team this year, so i know you all love him.

early in the season, many UNC fans wanted to see our second string QB mitch trubisky take over for marquise williams. but when marquise finally got the coach's full trust and a chance to shine, he really has been impressive. our underwhelming season would've been a disaster without his ability to take the team out of huge holes entirely on his shoulders (btw, we're ranked 125th in points allowed). obviously, there is no longer a debate at UNC, and we all love him, again... just as we did when he was second string.

fwiw, marquise is the only QB with three weekly ACC offensive back honors. deshaun watson has two. four others have one each... JT, winston, brissett (NCSU) and murphy (BC). another factoid: marquise also has 3 wins under his belt when his defense has given up 500+ yards.

obviously, i may be alone in this forum but he'd be my choice for 1st team all ACC.

yeah but has Marquise Williams ever lead his team down the field to win an ACC game against a Divisional Opponent in the closing seconds???
:cry:

FWIW I think you will see Marquise Williams win 2nd team honors with JT getting an honorable mention. It will be pretty close though. You also should consider that the large numbers on offense and defense for your team are a direct product of the style of offense UNC runs. Likewise JT's modest numbers are a product of his offense.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas Passing Stats
75 145 51.7 1396 9.6 15 79 4 161.2
Rushing
153 827 5.4 65 5

Justin has been very efficient and self less with his play. He isn't careless with the ball and isn't overly eager to pass he'll check it into a run or pull the rock down and take off. His numbers wont win him any awards but he is the catalyst for the wins.
I think CPJ could help him with that, I'd like to see his passing yards increase to 2500+ but I realize that would be unattainable.

With that said Winston is a baller. When he locks in Game Over. He is a special talent and #1 draft pick.
Is he? He throws off his back foot a lot and have you heard him talk? Usually you need to be ready to put in a lot of prep work and have a high Football IQ to succeed in the NFL. He has a great arm but his release looks a little slow and he turns the ball over a lot. I sure as heck wouldn't take him if I was an NFL GM.