ACC Tourney

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Bonus for the other 13 teams in the tournament, we all get to watch the rest of tourney without listening to hours upon hours of how great a man Leonard Hamilton is. He's a great guy but there was a competitive basketball game going on and the announcers were gushing over recycled graphics they showed when we played FSU in the championship. 2-3 minutes during the pregame would have been more than adequate.

I also enjoyed the camera zooming in on the face of Cleveland as the band played ramblin wreck after the game. Enjoy another year in Tallahassee, I'd have that look if I had to live there too.

Alright enough hate, great game Jackets!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Bonus for the other 13 teams in the tournament, we all get to watch the rest of tourney without listening to hours upon hours of how great a man Leonard Hamilton is. He's a great guy but there was a competitive basketball game going on and the announcers were gushing over recycled graphics they showed when we played FSU in the championship. 2-3 minutes during the pregame would have been more than adequate.

I also enjoyed the camera zooming in on the face of Cleveland as the band played ramblin wreck after the game. Enjoy another year in Tallahassee, I'd have that look if I had to live there too.

Alright enough hate, great game Jackets!
I dislike the TV camera zooming in on players dealing with their disappointment. Focus on the winners. There is no honor in enjoying another's sadness.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
we all get to watch the rest of tourney without listening to hours upon hours of how great a man Leonard Hamilton is. He's a great guy but there was a competitive basketball game going on and the announcers were gushing over recycled graphics they showed when we played FSU in the championship. 2-3 minutes during the pregame would have been more than adequate.
They weren't able to get too much in on Hamilton as all I heard was twisted ankle again and again and again. It was funny how the ankle got very bad after the turnover, though.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I dislike the TV camera zooming in on players dealing with their disappointment. Focus on the winners. There is no honor in enjoying another's sadness.
I gotta throw the challenge flag on this. Seeing all the emotions is great. You’re not supposed to laugh or take enjoyment at the man crying - that moment is a chance to embrace the human condition. How often do you see someone brought to tears in televised sports? Pretty much only March Madness.

And the contrasting emotions just emphasizes how dream-like this time of year is for these men and women. You just know the dude who just made a game winning 3 in the Final Four was pretend-playing that moment at 8 years old in his driveway - all of us did that but for him, it came true. It’s so awesome to live that moment vicariously through your TV.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I gotta throw the challenge flag on this. Seeing all the emotions is great. You’re not supposed to laugh or take enjoyment at the man crying - that moment is a chance to embrace the human condition. How often do you see someone brought to tears in televised sports? Pretty much only March Madness.

And the contrasting emotions just emphasizes how dream-like this time of year is for these men and women. You just know the dude who just made a game winning 3 in the Final Four was pretend-playing that moment at 8 years old in his driveway - all of us did that but for him, it came true. It’s so awesome to live that moment vicariously through your TV.
I actually agree with this. I was responding to a poster saying he took pleasure from the sadness of the FSU player.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I actually agree with this. I was responding to a poster saying he took pleasure from the sadness of the FSU player.
In my defense it was a particular player who has GT Alum parents working in the education field and for some reason chose to attend FSU. I'm not saying GT was definitely the place for him, but whether education was the ultimate goal or the NBA was FSU wouldn't be in the top 5 of his offer list. You can look up his thread in the recruiting archives if anyone cares. It was more a comment about poor life choices captured in a single snippet than taking joy in the opposing team losing. Could have joined the good guys and been a winner!

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In my defense it was a particular player who has GT Alum parents working in the education field and for some reason chose to attend FSU. I'm not saying GT was definitely the place for him, but whether education was the ultimate goal or the NBA was FSU wouldn't be in the top 5 of his offer list. You can look up his thread in the recruiting archives if anyone cares. It was more a comment about poor life choices captured in a single snippet than taking joy in the opposing team losing. Could have joined the good guys and been a winner!
I'm ok with your defense @GTJason, and I picked up on it the first time. I'm sure his parents are proud of him, but I'm not. He strung along our coaches and fan base for a while taking up our time and valuable resources, so I'm sad, not sad.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm ok with your defense @GTJason, and I picked up on it the first time. I'm sure his parents are proud of him, but I'm not. He strung along our coaches and fan base for a while taking up our time and valuable resources, so I'm sad, not sad.
I recall us being cut from his list in advance of his final decision based on options about majors at other schools compared to GT.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Heh, not too late for him to portal home.

We call that the ol' Brian Gregory recruitin' model.

Losing the ATL kid outta HS, but pickin' him up on the transfer. :sneaky:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heh, not too late for him to portal home.

We call that the ol' Brian Gregory recruitin' model.

Losing the ATL kid outta HS, but pickin' him up on the transfer. :sneaky:
That's more than a third of our current roster.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I really try to avoid hampering on officiating unless it’s egregious but anticipate some ****ery today given that Pitt is firmly on the bubble and a loss might knock them out of the Tournament.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What about Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner?

@orientalnc was almost immediately disproven after making his statement when he admitted the exception for douk.

Oh and, just so you know, oriental ....

GIF by VH1