ACC Tourney

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Funny how games can work. Was fairly close for the first 15 min, 5 point game. One minute stretch they hit three, we missed, they get layup, turnover, three, and the lead is 13, which held until half time. Got to have our own runs to counter that. That being said, Pitt is the better team than us this year, even when we've been playing better, so I expect this to be the end of the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Well, as I posted this we opened the second half with our own 10-2 run to bring it within 5 again. Wish I could watch.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t frequently watch basketball, but when I do, it’s so painful. Shooting fouls seem to control so much of the game and so many of them are arguably wrong.

Franklin is awesome

Edit- I think shooting fouls are about as subjective as passing interference. Difference is it’s a decision made every possession I guess.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Played hard. Was competitive, but ultimately came up short against a team that is just better. Sometimes it happens. Now need to build off this last month of good play to see development from our returning guys and hopefully get good news from the portal to help fill in the holes, especially left by Franklin.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Incredible run to the end of the season.

Way too much opportunity wasted mid-season to make it mediocre overall, at best.

If Pastner is back next year for one more shot with NIL money behind him, I'm fine with that.

If he's gone, I'm fine with that.

I like him, but I don't really have a reason to believe he's the long term answer as Coach of our program. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

All of that said, there's talent on this team and I give our key players a ton of credit for the effort, resilience, and improvement they displayed to end the season.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Good fight today! There were two five-points swing possessions that sunk us. Franklin missed both free throws and Elliot came down and nailed a 3. Then Sturdy missed the front end of a one and one and they came down and hit another 3. Ten point swing on those two possessions late in the second half. Franklin was a beast again. Deebo played a nice game. They worked to shot Kelly down, but he came up with some big shots.

By the way, Burton is tough in the paint, but he travels in there a lot too. Looks like Peyton Manning in the pocket with those happy feet.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Gutty performance. They looked gassed at times. We’ve ALL talked about Princeton being wrong for this roster VERY early. Wish Coach had adjusted early - a BIG misstep from Pastner, and he owned it in his Radio show. Too bad tho. Franklin a stud, and in right set, I think he could hit 15 footer; he’ll def play Pro in Europe.
REALLY hope core of remaining team stays, specifically:
Kelly, Coleman, Sturdivant, Smith, Moore, Terry, and add Blue Cain, and I like Freds even though he saw little time - great looking shot.
Pastner, with NIL $ just needs to get Post help. SO many shooters and guards will be a very dangerous team.
Personally, I give Pastner another year, and some NIL $.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@orientalnc was almost immediately disproven after making his statement when he admitted the exception for douk.

Oh and, just so you know, oriental ....

GIF by VH1
Duke is a very unique exception.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Late season run made it fun again. I'm grateful for that, and grateful our players didn't pack it in and ride out the season. Enjoyed the last few weeks immensely.

Now we'll sit back abd see how the off-season plays out. Need to keep our key players out of the portal, and need a big man to develop and another to transfer in.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Our guys ran out of gas to play defense in this game. Pitt is good , but we gave away mucho points because our guys were gassed.

Heck of a run to end the season. Franklin is a monster. I wish he had another year. Kelly is an assassin, and Sturdivant is playing like (at least one of) the best pg in the league.

I was fed up earlier in the year, but I have come around to believing Pastner should be back next year. He has earned it with this turnaround down the stretch. That being said, he has to quit doing this every freaking season. He has to start getting better and more balanced talent in recruiting. Next year, we have to have a big man.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Played hard but after 7 years of ZERO NCAA Tournament wins, it's time for Pastner to go kick rocks. If not we are just kicking the can down the road

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Played hard but after 7 years of ZERO NCAA Tournament wins, it's time for Pastner to go kick rocks. If not we are just kicking the can down the road
What if I told you we're probably gonna kick the can down the road?