ACC Tourney

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
This one is not on the refs but it infuriated me under 2, we come down penetrate Shoot get knocked to the floor and no call. They come down back us down fake fake fake and then hit a leaner into us and they get the bucket and the foul.
And Corey Alexander is sitting there saying “good no call” on our end and “wow, really tough D, but sorry” on their end. There was more contact on our end than theirs

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Gutty performance. They looked gassed at times. We’ve ALL talked about Princeton being wrong for this roster VERY early. Wish Coach had adjusted early - a BIG misstep from Pastner, and he owned it in his Radio show. Too bad tho. Franklin a stud, and in right set, I think he could hit 15 footer; he’ll def play Pro in Europe.
The Princeton is what gave Lammers and Banks open shots from the elbow. Don't see your logic here.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our guys ran out of gas to play defense in this game. Pitt is good , but we gave away mucho points because our guys were gassed.

Heck of a run to end the season. Franklin is a monster. I wish he had another year. Kelly is an assassin, and Sturdivant is playing like (at least one of) the best pg in the league.

I was fed up earlier in the year, but I have come around to believing Pastner should be back next year. He has earned it with this turnaround down the stretch. That being said, he has to quit doing this every freaking season. He has to start getting better and more balanced talent in recruiting. Next year, we have to have a big man.
I think that Usher must have stopped by and showed them how to force the tempo on offense. They were very fun to watch. Hope thats the start of trend.
Very solid on few turnovers and very few fouls. Good fundamentals

Imo, paster is a good guy but needs a studdly ast coach for BIG MEN. Till then its portal time

Gt should be known as home of ASSTANT coaches.

Last edited:

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
The Princeton is what gave Lammers and Banks open shots from the elbow. Don't see your logic here.
If we had Mark Price our FT% would be up this year. You’re applying past roster to this year offense. I like Howard, but he’s horrible for the Princeton, and not Javon’s strong suit either. He THRIVES in freedom that lets him roam for boards - no surprise he’s stuffed stats when not jailed in Princeton. Don’t see your logic in applying past players to this year’s situation.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This one is not on the refs but it infuriated me under 2, we come down penetrate Shoot get knocked to the floor and no call. They come down back us down fake fake fake and then hit a leaner into us and they get the bucket and the foul.
Sorry but Terry screwed the pooch on both ends. He tried to get a foul rather than making a basked and correct no call. Then he jumps forward on a pp fake and hits the shooter on the actual shot. 5 point swing right there. Bad plays at both ends.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
If we had Mark Price our FT% would be up this year. You’re applying past roster to this year offense. I like Howard, but he’s horrible for the Princeton, and not Javon’s strong suit either. He THRIVES in freedom that lets him roam for boards - no surprise he’s stuffed stats when not jailed in Princeton. Don’t see your logic in applying past players to this year’s situation.
You said we need an offense that allows Javon to take 15' shots. The Princeton did just that for Lammers and Banks. That is what a shot from the elbow is. Can't get any simpler than that.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
You said we need an offense that allows Javon to take 15' shots. The Princeton did just that for Lammers and Banks. That is what a shot from the elbow is. Can't get any simpler than that.
Oh my bad in being confusing, I meant he has the capability (in the right set in future) to hit 15 footer. Don’t think he currently has confidence, or enough game reps to have been reliable this year. His FT shooting mechanics, arc and rotation being the tell.
Didn’t mean to instigate back/forth. We can agree, very good team player, seemingly strong character.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The ACC screwed us once again, as they have for years. We end the season last week with two road games as far from ATL as you can get (possibly excepting Miami) then have to play Tuesday to survive until Wednesday and play a team with fresh legs. 4 travel games in 8 days set up by the two ACC road games last week. The team hadn't slept in their own beds since at least last Friday night. We were bound to be tired.

I have no use for the ACC. I've advocated getting in the B1G for 25 years. People used to argue we me that the schools were too far away, but we see what is happening now with conferences. We've had terrible leadership since Homer Rice retired, which is the root of all our athletic problems.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The ACC screwed us once again, as they have for years. We end the season last week with two road games as far from ATL as you can get (possibly excepting Miami) then have to play Tuesday to survive until Wednesday and play a team with fresh legs. 4 travel games in 8 days set up by the two ACC road games last week. The team hadn't slept in their own beds since at least last Friday night. We were bound to be tired.

I have no use for the ACC. I've advocated getting in the B1G for 25 years. People used to argue we me that the schools were too far away, but we see what is happening now with conferences. We've had terrible leadership since Homer Rice retired, which is the root of all our athletic problems.
Lets see, if we were not in the bottom 6 teams we wouldn't play until Wed after a Saturday afternoon game. Most ACC teams play games on Saturday then either Tuesday or Wednesday. Our poor season was the reason we played Tuesday not the ACC screwing us. Last season we finished at Clemson then home vs BC. Guess they screwed us last year as well. :rolleyes: In our ACC Championship year we finished home against Cuse then home against Duke. Yup it's the ACC out to get GT! :unsure:

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck

This ACC conspiracy against GT is so tired and ridiculous. And this Big 10 crap. Please no. It’s hard enough caring about GT now with how irrelevant we are in football and mostly in basketball, but if we join the Big 10, I’m not sure I’ll be able to muster the strength to care anymore. Michigan, Ohio state, not to mention Iowa, Northwestern, etc…. Yawn… Who cares. And B1G is such a stupid name/logo.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Love UVA and Tony Bennett but it's pretty satisfying seeing Duke run 10+ seconds off the clock after UVA baskets. Bennett teams practically patented that BS.

Duke looks really good this past month. I have to imagine they have the metrics lately that indicate a title run. Similar stuff to UNC from last season. I find them enjoyable to watch this year too, which feels a little strange.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Also Marquette just won the Big East title (including a win over UConn in the semis). I was so impressed with them against us in Ft. Myers. I watched a few of their Big East games later in the season and they can really fill up a scoresheet. I’m happy for Shaka - rough few years for him at Texas.

They don’t defend well enough to win a title but I still think they are a great team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Also Marquette just won the Big East title (including a win over UConn in the semis). I was so impressed with them against us in Ft. Myers. I watched a few of their Big East games later in the season and they can really fill up a scoresheet. I’m happy for Shaka - rough few years for him at Texas.

They don’t defend well enough to win a title but I still think they are a great team.
One of the more balanced teams in the country that I’ve seen. They are built like early Villanova teams, a couple stars in the backcourt and hard hat/lunch pail guys in the frontcourt

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Man I remember some folks were cool on the idea of getting Smart here. Smh.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Man I remember some folks were cool on the idea of getting Smart here. Smh.

i think he has made the adjustment that many successful coaches have made. Can he get the most talented guys in the country? Yes, he did at Texas. Is it better to get players that may be less talented but fit your system perfectly? Yes. Now he’s experiencing not only success but starting to provide consistency.