ACC Tourney

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
If Franklin would have had a career at Tech instead of just one year, he would have been a GT all-time team-first player. Even with just one year, he made an enormous and memorable impact for the diehards on this board.
Great to see a win that we didn’t score 70+. Gutted this one out!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
After reading all the earlier snide, negative comments, I’m sure there is about to be a flood of apologies coming. Or maybe not, given the sources😉
Nope. Time to double-down.

I have an unprovable theory that had Matthew Cleveland not gotten hurt, we would have lost. Therefore, today's win doesn't count, the ACCT isn't real, and there cannot be a legitimate tournament champion.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It will never cease to amaze me how morons rush to make themselves look stupid.

Anyways, amazing game. Sucks I wasn't able to watch it but glad to see us pull one out even when not playing our best. Team has really grown up before us this year as earlier in the year we wouldn't have had a chance to make a comeback and likely would have just gone through the motions to a close loss. Happy for the guys.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nope. Time to double-down.

I have an unprovable theory that had Matthew Cleveland not gotten hurt, we would have lost. Therefore, today's win doesn't count, the ACCT isn't real, and there cannot be a legitimate tournament champion.

*gasp*

Does this theory apply to the BC win when the one guy got hurt too?

Always Sunny Fx GIF

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I watched the first half and was disappointed in the way we were playing. I had some things to do and missed the last 6 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised for the win and very happy for the team. They didn't fold when they could have. They have some fight in them.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What a gutsy performance. I thought their length ( inside and out) would doom us. Franklin again proved invaluable. Why wasn't he starting on day 1?

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Miles Kelly is really developing into a big time scorer. Takes some quick, long 3’s at times, but he has been great during this stretch. Sturdy continues to take care if the ball. Deebo does so many little things to help us win. He takes a charge every game it seems. Of course, the two new transfers for this year are really going their thing!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Only Kelly can beat a defender off the dribble. Only Franklin has any quickness besides Kelly. We are slow as well
Funny, I think the exact opposite when Kelly has the ball on the perimeter. I think, “well, Kelly’s not going to get by anybody, so he might as well just pass the ball and keep it moving.” I really like Kelly. He’s a great shooter. But he’s not the attacking player I thought he might be. He is a straight line driver. It’s hard to beat good defenders off the dribble as a straight line driver. There’s a reason he scores most (almost all) of his points on outside shots. I hope you are right, and he does develop into a little bit more of downhill player.

Oh, and great win!

GO JACKETS!