ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying they're right, but I suspect like many fan bases, they are playing victim about the game two weeks ago. There is some unquantifiable merit that says not practicing and coming back first game from a Covid pause is likely to reduce performance. We effectively did not participate in full practices before the season, and we know the result.

Well if they wanted to use that excuse they probably shouldn’t have decided to take another two week break right before the ACCT.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Well if they wanted to use that excuse they probably shouldn’t have decided to take another two week break right before the ACCT.
If it was truly their decision (and as much as I'm inclined to be cynical that they had a choice), it might have still been the right decision to duck a bunch of teams that would have exposed them anyway. They are probably more bubblicious that most realize. NET 42, KenPom 45. Who knows.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

In keeping with my conspiracy mindset, I'll say a hearty "well done" to the Jokies.

Keep taking breaks and no one will ever have the gonads to call you out if/when you lose. Como se dice, "built-in excuses"?

Shiiiiiii, get it down to one game per season against some directional school and you're home free. Undefeated season, baybee!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
If it was truly their decision (and as much as I'm inclined to be cynical that they had a choice), it might have still been the right decision to duck a bunch of teams that would have exposed them anyway. They are probably more bubblicious that most realize. NET 42, KenPom 45. Who knows.

Agree. If ND upsets NC that becomes a juicy matchup for them. Assume both of those metrics would fall to around 50 with a bad loss.

If they hadn’t knocked off Nova at the beginning of the season I feel like they’d be on the wrong side of the bubble right now.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I just find it funny that teams throw out covid pauses and it's just sort of accepted.

Like FSU went on a covid pause and beat UVA by 20 in the second game back, after winning big in game 1.

We went on a covid pause and crushed Clemson on the first game back.

It's like coaching plays a part in that.

While we point to the lead up to our first two games as reasons why they should be excused some, I think everyone agrees that it was a coaching matter that led to that rather than just "covid pause don't look at it". An understandable decision, in my opinion, but still a coaching decision.

Now some places have legit arguments like they know 6 of their players had covid and were hit pretty hard.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Miami doing their best to throw this away. Up 6 with 1 minute to go, they get an offensive board only to jack up a quick 3 rather than ice the game. Clemson answers with a 3, steal, and 2 FTs. Miami lucky a flagrant wasn’t called giving Clemson a chance to take the lead.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Best case here is Miami goes up 3 with under 20. Then they win or it’s OT. Both good outcomes for us.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Miami doing their best to throw this away. Up 6 with 1 minute to go, they get an offensive board only to jack up a quick 3 rather than ice the game. Clemson answers with a 3, steal, and 2 FTs. Miami lucky a flagrant wasn’t called giving Clemson a chance to take the lead.

Sounds familiar.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We'll beat either of these teams. Miami easily, and Clemson reliably as long as Moses gets to actually be Moses.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What the heck is Miami doing? Geez...

BTW...anyone look at Miami's Brooks and think "How in the heck is that guy not one of the top big men in the ACC?" Miami doesn't have a Reveno...

Status
Not open for further replies.