ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Just rewatched the end of the Notre Shame / Choke Forest game. With 7:15 left in the game, Wake Forest was winning 75-63 - they scored 2 total points in the final 7:15 and lost. Incredible. The shot at the buzzer was even sillier. #35 for Wake (Carter Whitt) didn't even try to block or contest the shot, I guess figuring no way it goes in from 6 feet beyond the arc. LOL.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just rewatched the end of the Notre Shame / Choke Forest game. With 7:15 left in the game, Wake Forest was winning 75-63 - they scored 2 total points in the final 7:15 and lost. Incredible. The shot at the buzzer was even sillier. #35 for Wake (Carter Whitt) didn't even try to block or contest the shot, I guess figuring no way it goes in from 6 feet beyond the arc. LOL.
In defense of Whitt, the last thing Wake needed to do was foul the 3-pt shooter. That shot was a low percentage shot and the FTs almost automatic.

Deleted member 2897

In defense of Whitt, the last thing Wake needed to do was foul the 3-pt shooter. That shot was a low percentage shot and the FTs almost automatic.

My 'beef' with his play was that he didn't even run by in front of him to provide any interference...he stayed off beside him. At least try and block the view to the rim or something.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Reminds me of us against Duke... playing not to lose.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah it was a wild finish (WAKE’s wake) but I guess there just have been someone in the stands would been giving ND grief because right after the shot dropped hubb sprinted to join the celebrations but flipped off the sideline first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Not very POY like haha

on the other note yea, it is hard to root for the U except id rather play them on their third game with 6 guys than Clemson. Though paubavk would be nice for the Honor bank in I want the easiest path possible to the ACCT trophy.

Deleted member 2897

After the Syracuse/NC State game finishes, there will be 7 teams in the ACC who have at least 1 more conference win than Virginia Tech, who sits in "3rd". LOL.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
IMO the problem with VT isn't so much the number of wins, although it's a factor, it's that they played a low number of games that were also disproportionately skewed to the easy end. It'd be entirely different if their 13 games were like 9 against the top half and 4 against the bottom half.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Miami basically playing a two man game on offense with three guys standing still on the other side of the court. Think we beat either of these teams tomorrow.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
IMO the problem with VT isn't so much the number of wins, although it's a factor, it's that they played a low number of games that were also disproportionately skewed to the easy end. It'd be entirely different if their 13 games were like 9 against the top half and 4 against the bottom half.

The fans on their board can’t figure that out. Saw a thread on there wondering why Tech/UNC had better odds to win the ACCT and it had a quote saying “I just don’t get it. We beat either of those teams 7/10 on a neutral court.”

...like two weeks after we beat them by 20 on their court.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
The fans on their board can’t figure that out. Saw a thread on there wondering why Tech/UNC had better odds to win the ACCT and it had a quote saying “I just don’t get it. We beat either of those teams 7/10 on a neutral court.”

They specialize in neutral courts apparently.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

I'm not saying they're right, but I suspect like many fan bases, they are playing victim about the game two weeks ago. There is some unquantifiable merit that says not practicing and coming back first game from a Covid pause is likely to reduce performance. We effectively did not participate in full practices before the season, and we know the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.