ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Man, good thing diseases only ever cause death and have no other long term lasting effects.

Yea, better form would have been to state there isn't any evidence of deaths or long haulers in college sports.

The small handful of players that got hit bad (like that offensive lineman at Indiana) were fully healthy and cleared a few weeks later and returned to full practice and played the season.

Pretty much every team has had significantly worse negative health issues from the sport itself than COVID so far, and thankfully.

Deleted member 2897

Honestly, with Duke's talent and how they played the previous game, you never know - I wouldn't have been surprised if they had won another game or two. And if they had won a couple more they would have likely made the NCAAT.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang, really sucks for them. You never want to see that. Hopefully too many teams aren’t affected
I realize I'm making a Monday morning quarterback type of comment here, but how much energy, effort, cost, disappointment, etc. could have been avoided if NCAA basketball teams and their staff could have been vaccinated for Covid around the first of the year? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize I'm making a Monday morning quarterback type of comment here, but how much energy, effort, cost, disappointment, etc. could have been avoided if NCAA basketball teams and their staff could have been vaccinated for Covid around the first of the year? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...
I get your point, but there is no way young and healthy people were going to be able to jump the line to get the vaccine, at the expense of those at higher risk.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as everyone hates Duke, there is absolutely no way anybody should be happy about basketball not being played. I want to see Duke lose on the court, not like this. Hopefully coaches and teams look at this as a Lessons Learned - and this doesn't happen to anyone else around the country this week or next.

Now FSU will play UNC with a lot of rest. Should make them favorites to win the ACC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dunno, guys. Miami's coming into this game with a major chip on their shoulders. They're on a roll and we'll be coming in flat-footed.

In short, I are scared.

(You're welcome fo the reverse-jinx. Wait, did I jinx the reverse-jinx?)

No ****. Like we were overconfident going into the *Ga State baseball game. Or *The Citadel football game.

*fill in worst losses

We've made a living off of beating people no one thought we had a chance to beat.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As much as everyone hates Duke, there is absolutely no way anybody should be happy about basketball not being played. I want to see Duke lose on the court, not like this. Hopefully coaches and teams look at this as a Lessons Learned - and this doesn't happen to anyone else around the country this week or next.

Now FSU will play UNC with a lot of rest. Should make them favorites to win the ACC.

Yeah, but can we celebrate that Dook **** the bed all year and now isn't in the NCAAs?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So far Cuse taking it to UVA

One thing that I had always heard is that in the situation of a bye vs a team on the second day, often the team playing had somewhat of an advantage because they were looser, having played the day before and that the fatigue from multiple days really hits you harder on the 3rd and especially 4th days.

Don't know how true that is but w/e.

Either way Cuse looking good early. Maybe Moses will have the chance for another 30 point game against them.

Deleted member 2897

I get your point, but there is no way young and healthy people were going to be able to jump the line to get the vaccine, at the expense of those at higher risk.

Well we’ve actually been doing that the entire time. Over half the shots have gone to younger healthier people from the start. My 18 year old daughter had her second shot by January 9th. The difference is some people’s work environment gets a free pass whereas playing a sport doesn’t. I’ve been against vaccinating younger people until the older get it first, but certainly just because you play a sport would have been a very bad look.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We're forcing teachers to go back to teach in person before they have access to the vaccine. Absolutely no way should athletes have gotten it before that just so they could play a game, as much as I enjoy watching that game.

So not to be conspiratorial here but....Duke was probably going to not get in the NAA tournament unless they won out in the ACC Tourney. Not much chance of that. They can now say missed the NCAA because they took themselves out due to Covid. Not not selected... Funny the AD came out and said season over just for one positive test. What if the rest of the team stayed negative.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well we’ve actually been doing that the entire time. Over half the shots have gone to younger healthier people from the start. My 18 year old daughter had her second shot by January 9th. The difference is some people’s work environment gets a free pass whereas playing a sport doesn’t. I’ve been against vaccinating younger people until the older get it first, but certainly just because you play a sport would have been a very bad look.

I don't remember you ever mentioning this. (tic)

Status
Not open for further replies.