ACC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I dunno, guys. Miami's coming into this game with a major chip on their shoulders. They're on a roll and we'll be coming in flat-footed.

In short, I are scared.

(You're welcome fo the reverse-jinx. Wait, did I jinx the reverse-jinx?)

Not I. 48-18 at halftime last game. And this time we get them on their 3rd day. If we can't beat a team like Miami in an environment like this one, we're losing out in the first round of the tournament, and badly. I'm guessing Miami will come out with their hair on fire and play with great energy. But they shouldn't be able to sustain it in day 3.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not I. 48-18 at halftime last game. And this time we get them on their 3rd day. If we can't beat a team like Miami in an environment like this one, we're losing out in the first round of the tournament, and badly. I'm guessing Miami will come out with their hair on fire and play with great energy. But they shouldn't be able to sustain it in day 3.
And, if past is prologue, the MO of our team is that we physically and psychologically wear out other teams because they can’t put us away in the second half.

Deleted member 2897

Don’t like Duke but I would not wish that on my bitterest rival.

The only thing surprising is that they aren't matched up with Virginia Tech. That would have been such a 2021-Virginia Tech thing to stumble into.

Florida State with the league's first triple bye. But if there is a team that has earned such a thing, it would be them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don’t like Duke but I would not wish that on my bitterest rival.

Obviously don't wish poor health or COVID on anyone, that's for sure.

As far as Dook's season being ended on a note they didn't want .....

do-not-care.gif

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Any chance this moves Ga Tech's game to the 630pm slot?
I guess not. Only change seems to be late game is now at 830pm.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just heard about Duke and Covid! Came here and OF COURSE it's old news here by now LOL!

Wonder if they'll still "make" the NCAA but have a replacement team from the ACC represent?

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Are they doing a bubble for the NCAAT? If this happens in the early rounds to someone, that would suck.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just heard about Duke and Covid! Came here and OF COURSE it's old news here by now LOL!

Wonder if they'll still "make" the NCAA but have a replacement team from the ACC represent?

But if they were still a 1st Four Out unless the made the ACC Finals, then I guess the question is not relevant.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So a friend was saying Duke made a big deal about not staying in Greensboro for the tournament but commuting from Durham instead. If that's the case, and they end up as the only team who withdraws due to covid, that's gonna be pointed to as a crucial mistake. If you're deciding to just commute, I would assume your other protocols aren't that strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.