ACC Tournament

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We're a 2 point underdog against BC, FWIW
That feels right.

We had a good game plan @ BC. To accentuate some things... I think the best general strategy vs. BC is attack the guards. By attacking the guards, my belief/hope is the by-product is one of their big 3 gets in foul trouble like they are prone to do.

If their guards play clean, then I think this game sets up for Okogie to get to the bucket. Tad can maybe bully his way there too. Since BC doesn't have an eraser, as long as JO/Tad/whoever avoids the charge on the help, I expect we'll have opportunities for dump-offs to Ben/Wright/Cole on the help.

Gueye played well in the first BC game. I think it can happen again, given their bigs are not that athletic. But do we sacrifice too much if we play Gueye's back to the basket game, given that we've looked good without him recently? He's not a great distributor out of the post.

Defensively, I'm most concerned about transition, and therefore dumb TOs leading to transition opportunities for BC. Per the norm we'll do well to make this one a half-court grinder.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That feels right.

We had a good game plan @ BC. To accentuate some things... I think the best general strategy vs. BC is attack the guards. By attacking the guards, my belief/hope is the by-product is one of their big 3 gets in foul trouble like they are prone to do.

If their guards play clean, then I think this game sets up for Okogie to get to the bucket. Tad can maybe bully his way there too. Since BC doesn't have an eraser, as long as JO/Tad/whoever avoids the charge on the help, I expect we'll have opportunities for dump-offs to Ben/Wright/Cole on the help.

Gueye played well in the first BC game. I think it can happen again, given their bigs are not that athletic. But do we sacrifice too much if we play Gueye's back to the basket game, given that we've looked good without him recently? He's not a great distributor out of the post.

Defensively, I'm most concerned about transition, and therefore dumb TOs leading to transition opportunities for BC. Per the norm we'll do well to make this one a half-court grinder.

We have basically traded AD at the post and a reduced Ben at the 4 for a whole Ben at the 5 and one or both of Wright/Cole with him. So I don't see us going back to AD this game unless Ben is in foul trouble. I also don't see us sticking with both Wright and Cole on the court at the same time as that has too many mismatches for BC in man and we are not good in the zone with those 2 together. I can see us playing zone a fair amount but it will be with just one of those 2 on the court.

I do fully agree with you to go after their guards, make them work and see if you can get them in trouble. At minimum work them hard on defense in our sets to slow the game down and make them have to play in the half court as well.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd play this closer to the Wake game. Ben starting, AD backing him up.
i also agree that for the most part you play Moses backing up Evan at the 4, though one of them may have to play a few min at the three just so we can squeeze a few min of rest for Tad/Josh/Brandon.

Offensively i like the idea of running the high post with cutters that we have played the last 2 games. BC does not have strong bigs and maybe you could get one of their guards in trouble trying to guard cutters.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That feels right.

I agree. We have to challenge their guards on both ends of the court. Make them take their threes from a step or two farther back than they like.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That line tells me Vegas thinks the public thinks he is playing and will suck up that line. I’ll be interested to see how the public bets.....so I can bet 2u the other way

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
According to someone on one of the BC boards both Robinson and Steffon Mitchell are expected to play tomorrow. Luka Kraljevic is expected to miss the game.

BC's last 2 ACC tourney wins have come over GT.
BC leads the ACC in threes made per game at 8.81 per game and avg 9.33 made in ACC games.
Robinson, Bowman and Chatman have all made at least 73 three-pointers this season (only 2 other teams in the country have 3 players with at least 73 made threes - Marquette and Mt. St. Mary's).

Deleted member 2897

4-20 in the first 12 minutes. We gotta start hitting some of these looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly pathetic.

Shooting 40% from the field is not good enough to win. Shooting half of what is not good enough to win is terrible.

We had a couple games earlier this year where we shot, 60% and still lost.

We are shooting less than 60% of 60% of 60%.

Last edited by a moderator: