ACC Tournament

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Basically, no.

I went last year & going this year. 4 games in a day make for 12 hour hauls.

It is seven games in two days either way. You would just play three of the first round Tuesday and four of the first round on Wednesday.

I would have the bottom 3 just not play in the tournament. I know that isn't popular.

GT_EE78

Banned
10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm. lol

So basically no. They would need 2 venues
even if round 1 took two days , the tourney would still take the same # of days that it does now, but it could be shortened by a day with two venues (assuming that a travel day is not needed)

crut

Helluva Engineer
Who would BC play and when if they won?
If they win which looks highly unlikely, they would play Wake in the night game on Tuesday.
That's what Syracuse will be doing now.

Tuesday:
#12 Boston College vs. #13 Georgia Tech at 12pm .... Winner Plays #5 Seed
#10 Notre Dame vs. #15 Pitt at 2pm ... Winner Plays #7 Seed
#11 Syracuse vs. #14 Wake Forest at 7pm .... Winner Plays #6 Seed

UNC, Clemson, Miami, NC St, and Louisville are the teams that can fall in the #5-#7 Seed range

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Our game is Tuesday at noon. I can't imagine that being a hostile environment.
It would be like playing one of the Carolina schools in Greensboro. Only reason it wouldn't be hostile is because it's hard for fans to cheer for a team that doesn't score.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn't realize they were doing it but why in hadies are they playing at noon and leaving the 9 pm slot empty?

You could do 4, 6 and 8 PM with no problems.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. Basically, no.

I went last year & going this year. 4 games in a day make for 12 hour hauls.
It is seven games in two days either way. You would just play three of the first round Tuesday and four of the first round on Wednesday.

I would have the bottom 3 just not play in the tournament. I know that isn't popular.
First days 3 play-in games should be home games for the higher seed on Monday and not at the tournament.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't realize they were doing it but why in hadies are they playing at noon and leaving the 9 pm slot empty?

You could do 4, 6 and 8 PM with no problems.
The winner of our game plays at 2pm the next day. I assume BC or GT would prefer 24 hours rest, as would the other teams that'd be pushed back into later slots.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't see how that helps anything.
You're probably right but maybe someone would show up to the first 3 games.
It's probably an impossible puzzle - the tournament really was amazing when it was just 8 teams. It was a real event for everyone involved. Even if losing on the first day it was worth it for most to still make a weekend of it.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
You're probably right but maybe someone would show up to the first 3 games.
It's probably an impossible puzzle - the tournament really was amazing when it was just 8 teams. It was a real event for everyone involved. Even if losing on the first day it was worth it for most to still make a weekend of it.

There is no doubt about that. It was fine with 9 also. Those days are gone.

slugboy

Staff member
I’ve gotten used to losing ACC records, but going into the tournament I feel like (1) we could have done better if we’d had even a slightly luckier season without the injuries and distractions, (2) I’ll miss having Tad and Lammers on the team, but we have a chance to tick up next year, and (3) maybe we can ruin some days and knock someone off the bubble.
Guys are playing looser. Hope something good happens. Would like to get BC back for that overtime game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am happy with us playing BC on Tuesday. Win and I think we play Miami. Both games are winnable if we play the way we have recently.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
BC is a rough matchup. Did they have injuries today you guys were saying?

Those 2 guards are gonna be stroking from 3 against our perimeter defense all afternoon.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
is that one dude on BC still dropping like 30 a game? I felt like we were looking good enough to beat them on the road a few weeks back and we kind of fell apart