ACC Tournament 2022

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
You're applying logic. To something the NCAA manages. Just...don't.

Besides, they used to claim they wanted to reduce travel costs and encourage local rivalries, so there's that....
I can’t argue with that! But if we do end up in the same regional, Pplleeaassee get a little pitching and kick their ***! I want Au and a walkoff HR as the home team for paybacks are hell.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice win for Jackets today! Hopefully, it takes the sting off of the Pitt loss. I'm watching Vols vs Vandy. If I had a garrote, I'd silence that dang "whistler."

I watched our game on replay. Roddy was great. That clapper in the L'Ville dugout could be heard throughout the game. very annoying.

Very solid win. We should have scored a lot more with 16! LOB. While we "only" had 14 hits, we had 9 BB and 2 HBP. Those are better than singles sometimes as they wear the pitchers down. L'Ville threw 10 pitchers.

But we won and pitched well, hit well and played ok D. Grissom was fabulous and overcame the inning opening B4 error followed by a missed catch in RF. The second wasn't scored an error but was catchable. Overall some nice plays and satisfying win ........ I'll start a post for NCAA now. At least we ended the season 16-16.

One gripe is that the broadcast I watched stopped after 3 hours so I missed the 9th. I was gong to watch the entire game without checking the score, but after we left 4 on in the first 2 with no runs, I had to check. All's well that ends well.

1653607816970.png

1653608126061.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Conspiracy anyone?

ACC Tournament final shaping up to be NC State v UNC.

ND and VT aren't there. If it's a conspiracy, I'm fine with it. We had a bad inning against Pitt and no one to blame for that except ourselves and the Baseball Gods.

Last time the Chokies were shut out was the last ACC tourney. Hope it keeps up in the NCAAs.

I watched pieces of games. Some really good (and bad) fielding and some really good (and bad) pitching. I'm glad the narrative is how great the ACC is, since anyone (except BC) can win on any day.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
ND and VT aren't there. If it's a conspiracy, I'm fine with it. We had a bad inning against Pitt and no one to blame for that except ourselves and the Baseball Gods.

Last time the Chokies were shut out was the last ACC tourney. Hope it keeps up in the NCAAs.

I watched pieces of games. Some really good (and bad) fielding and some really good (and bad) pitching. I'm glad the narrative is how great the ACC is, since anyone (except BC) can win on any day.
A crazy thing happened at the ACC Tournament... the best 4 teams [this week] won their pools. All four going 2-0. And the best 2 teams [this week] are playing in the title game. Both NCST & UNC are playing great. #8 & #10 seed... go figure.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A crazy thing happened at the ACC Tournament... the best 4 teams [this week] won their pools. All four going 2-0. And the best 2 teams [this week] are playing in the title game. Both NCST & UNC are playing great. #8 & #10 seed... go figure.

I thought we are the best team ......

Seriously, is there a rational way to rank these inconsistent teams? At least baseball starts off with a field of 64. And we all start 0-0.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought we are the best team ......

Seriously, is there a rational way to rank these inconsistent teams? At least baseball starts off with a field of 64. And we all start 0-0.

The problem of differentiation is shown by looking at the congestion in RPI, between #6 and #25 which vary from a rating (sort of win probability) of .589 to .580.

Isn't it ironic that we beat all of the teams above us, except lost to Wake and Tied Ga Southern, in series or individual games?

1653823969585.png

And this is the attitude I'll try and take whenever we lose our next game: (Great campy video)