ACC Tournament 2022

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have a tremendous amount of respect for a fan that has this kind of "hate fire" ... & can articulate the rationale (both ways). Don't go changing @senoiajacket

I moved to Virginia 20 years ago. For my 30+ years before that I was totally ambivalent about Va Tech. It took me exactly 2.78 weeks working closely with clueless Hokies regarding all things college & ACC sports to consider Va Tech a hated institution with nothing redeeming.

How did I do?

Who stole @YodaFred "Its All About The Journey" password?

While I dislike VT, I save true distain for uGag and ND. Can't let there be too much hate. VT is more to be pitied since they will crash and burn as Chokies.

Bummed that UVa lost to FSU today. Tonight NC State needs the win (and more) over Miami to make the NCAAs.

Tomorrow, y'all will see the best L'Ville has to throw against the best we have to throw. Battle for seeding. We probably have a 3 seed regardless and L'Ville wants to keep a Super Regional host. They dropped to 9 RPI today and may lose it if they go 0-2 in the ACC tourney and others below them impress. Never know.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Who stole @YodaFred "Its All About The Journey" password?

While I dislike VT, I save true distain for uGag and ND. Can't let there be too much hate. VT is more to be pitied since they will crash and burn as Chokies.

Bummed that UVa lost to FSU today. Tonight NC State needs the win (and more) over Miami to make the NCAAs.

Tomorrow, y'all will see the best L'Ville has to throw against the best we have to throw. Battle for seeding. We probably have a 3 seed regardless and L'Ville wants to keep a Super Regional host. They dropped to 9 RPI today and may lose it if they go 0-2 in the ACC tourney and others below them impress. Never know.
Louisville's top starter came in relief today and threw 15 pitches. That wouldn't rule him out from tomorrow, but I doubt they would start him and expect him to go 6-7 innings on 24 hours rest, especially in a fairly meaningless game. They also used almost all their top bullpen arms today as well. Again, I'm sure most of them can pitch on back to back days, but it seems unlikely any would be used for an extended stretch. I'd expect about 12-14 pitchers to be used between the 2 teams tomorrow. Hopefully the matchup will be favoring our hitters tomorrow. Would really like to go 1-1 this week.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Day 2 done. Halfway through pool play.
#10 NC State & #11 Pitt have already advanced to face each other in one semifinal. Other semifinal will be winner of #4ND/#9FSU (Thursday) v winner of #1VT/#8UNC (Friday).

I'd like for NC State to win it all since I like them best of the six remaining.

Gotta pull for UNC and FSU given their opponents.

At work :( Plan (may not be good one) is to watch game this afternoon on replay.

I hate how quick the season comes and goes.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, I expected to go 1-1, and we did. So I guess I should be satisfied. Very nice and encouraging to see Grissom round into form. Now, if we could just get one other starter....Medich, Huff, ANYONE else...we'd be a dangerous NCAA team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it's an oddity. Coach MacDonald doesn't consider this week a priority. He approaches this week to prepare for his regional.... which he usually knows will be in Louisville. Just my quite limited humble opinion.

That is certainly what today felt like to me. We used it to fine tune a starter and reliever. They changed pitchers every single inning. That's saying you don't care about the W today...

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I just can’t see us in same regional as them. Our conference record and theirs is about the same ,and we took the head to head. I don’t see a 2 ,3 seed matchup with them, but who knows. I definitely don’t see them as a 2 over us as a 3. They limped down the stretch.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I just can’t see us in same regional as them. Our conference record and theirs is about the same ,and we took the head to head. I don’t see a 2 ,3 seed matchup with them, but who knows. I definitely don’t see them as a 2 over us as a 3. They limped down the stretch.
You're applying logic. To something the NCAA manages. Just...don't.

Besides, they used to claim they wanted to reduce travel costs and encourage local rivalries, so there's that....

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You're applying logic. To something the NCAA manages. Just...don't.

Besides, they used to claim they wanted to reduce travel costs and encourage local rivalries, so there's that....
Congratulations... one of you will be correct. Pre-emptive respect to whom it is. Other guy... you're still cool with me.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Nice win for Jackets today! Hopefully, it takes the sting off of the Pitt loss. I'm watching Vols vs Vandy. If I had a garrote, I'd silence that dang "whistler."