ACC Tournament 2022

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cuse showed up well today in an ultimately losing effort.

Next year both Boeheim brothers are gone. So are Swider and Sidibe. Anselm, Girard, and Torrence will all be Seniors next year and Girard is the only scorer (13 ppg) returning (I assume he will, but he would get a ton of interest in the portal). Next year's roster looks ragged. And, there has to be at least some concern that Jimmy Boeheim will follow his sons out the door. Cuse has a nice (not great) recruiting class coming in, but next year will be tough without help from the portal.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching the BC-Miami game, Wong literally flops and whines to the refs whenever he touches the ball....it's quite laughable how often it happens.....

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

Next year both Boeheim brothers are gone. So are Swider and Sidibe. Anselm, Girard, and Torrence will all be Seniors next year and Girard is the only scorer (13 ppg) returning (I assume he will, but he would get a ton of interest in the portal). Next year's roster looks ragged. And, there has to be at least some concern that Jimmy Boeheim will follow his sons out the door. Cuse has a nice (not great) recruiting class coming in, but next year will be tough without help from the portal.
I am going to be curious to see if Coach Boeheim stays as well. Boys are done and a hell of a rebuild in front of him.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I am going to be curious to see if Coach Boeheim stays as well. Boys are done and a hell of a rebuild in front of him.

He pulled a fast one on Hopkins yearsss ago now, so at this point I fully expect him to be out there at 80 with a cane/walker.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

You forgot Cuse's best player this year - Jesse Edwards - comes back (fingers crossed). Yes, I said best.

Swider and Anselem are allegedly 50/50 on leaving vs. staying.

Next year's starting lineup could be:
  1. Torrence (upgrade at PG + defense)
  2. Girard
  3. Swider
  4. Benny Williams
  5. Edwards
That's a decent starting 5 and it'd be the first time in a while that it's all returning players.

Either way they'll be depth challenged. It would be nice to at least start the year with more than 3 scholarship guards.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You forgot Cuse's best player this year - Jesse Edwards - comes back (fingers crossed). Yes, I said best.

Swider and Anselem are allegedly 50/50 on leaving vs. staying.

Next year's starting lineup could be:
  1. Torrence (upgrade at PG + defense)
  2. Girard
  3. Swider
  4. Benny Williams
  5. Edwards
That's a decent starting 5 and it'd be the first time in a while that it's all returning players.

Either way they'll be depth challenged. It would be nice to at least start the year with more than 3 scholarship guards.
You are correct. I forgot Edwards. I wonder what happens to the stay/leave guys if Boeheim retires?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I felt for BC on that play. Kid who missed the shot and whomever was supposed to be getting back.

They played a hell of a game though

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
At player intros for the ND-VPI game, the upper deck was empty and lower bowl was 10-20% full.
Madison Sqyare Garden looked packed when I checked on my phone.
ACCT tix are selling today for $10 and under. Big East is going for $200 and up
NYC is a bad place for the ACCT. we will never be a draw here. We should go back to Charlotte, Greensboro, Atlanta and DC.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At player intros for the ND-VPI game, the upper deck was empty and lower bowl was 10-20% full.
Madison Sqyare Garden looked packed when I checked on my phone.
ACCT tix are selling today for $10 and under. Big East is going for $200 and up
NYC is a bad place for the ACCT. we will never be a draw here. We should go back to Charlotte, Greensboro, Atlanta and DC.
Place was packed for UNC-UVA.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lots of their grads in NYC plus the Golden Rams follow them where ever.
Between that and the local dook presence, that's what justified bringing ACCT to Brooklyn. Syracuse had a good crowd. UVA & ND to a lesser extent.