ACC Tournament 2022

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think it is a combination of the ACC moving down to the pack and the pack moving up to the ACC. Parity (or 'mediocrity' for the whine & cheese sect) is the rule of the day. I can see where that might be a tough pill to swallow for the fans who have ben around long enough to be accustomed to ACC domination, but there it is. Swallow it or don't.

Big and rapid societal and industry changes are impacting the ACC. FWIW, I don't think it is coaching but recruiting. The ACC is reluctant to join the "Semi-pro" model and the SEC is getting the regional talent based on budget and strategic model. In short, we are getting our hat handed to us on the recruiting front and it is not due to coaching.

Fans can and will bemoan the changes but it does not impact my enjoyment of the ACC games. The competition is still exciting and our standing within the conference (regardless of ACC's broader power ranking) is still meaningful to me. I just like watching the games.

With all the world and societal changes swirling around us, it absolutely floors me that there are actually people spending the time to post on social media their self-torment and sense of entitlement regarding GT basketball. IMO, we should be truly grateful to be watching any college ball at all and for any exciting moments we are blessed to witness. Long term prospects for this type of past time is up in the air to say the least. In short, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
The ACC was once by far the best college basketball conference. It's been a while, but the days of the 8 team conference where every team had 2 or more great players was the height of college basketball for me. Watching the series the history of the ACC tournament is a stark reminder of how joyful watching ACC games were back then. Heck watching Wake, UVA, NCST, MD, Clemson was fun not to mention the two Conference Giants.

Football expansion was necessary as football revenue does drive Athletic Departments. The down side is basketball is no where near as enjoyable as both the level of play is much lower and knowing the opponents players is near impossible.

The ACC clearly isn't getting the quantity of great players as some of the other Conferences are. I am not sure it's because the ACC does not play the game, I think it's more they don't play it as well. The aging coaches also have an impact as dealing in the dirty world of AAU basketball is not what they grew up dealing with.

This year's GT BB team was very hard to watch. They, as Red said, never seemed to fit as a team nor did they develop any real identity. They were a very poor offensive team yet they had several players who are good shooters. That speaks to poor schemes for the players on the team. The defense, which has been CJP's calling, card was simply poor this year. The team never could effectively play the zone that caused teams such trouble in prior years and our man-to-man defense was simply bad. Poor switching and rotations off the pick and roll all year.

I hope CJP dose a deep assessment of where his program stands in comparison to the rest of the ACC and makes any changes he sees as necessary. If he just goes with the same stuff next year he will be on the hot seat for sure as the results won't be very good.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This year's GT BB team was very hard to watch. They, as Red said, never seemed to fit as a team nor did they develop any real identity. They were a very poor offensive team yet they had several players who are good shooters. That speaks to poor schemes for the players on the team. The defense, which has been CJP's calling, card was simply poor this year. The team never could effectively play the zone that caused teams such trouble in prior years and our man-to-man defense was simply bad. Poor switching and rotations off the pick and roll all year.
Maybe I am wrong, but I believe Pastner thought one or both of Moses and Jose would stay with Usher after the disappointment at the NCAA Tournament with Moses' positive test.

The problem with the team this year was two-fold. Early in the year I thought the only real problem was at the 5 and the eventual emergence of Howard or Meka or Saba, or a combination thereof, would make things OK. But, later in the season I realized we simply had no one to take Jose's place. Sturdivant was OK most of the time, but he was never going to be the guy who made his teammates better. We needed that. Devoe is a much better player when he doesn't have to create for himself. Usher cannot be the focus of the offense. Or even option #2 if there isn't a #3. Our guard play last year was awesome. This year we were maybe middle of the ACC. Is that Pastner's fault?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
In year 6 it is certainly his issue

Whether it was playing a system that didn’t play to his players strengths or not having the right players recruited and developed. Doesn’t matter

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
This season was on Pastner. This was his first team that I thought was not very scrappy (as a whole). The drop-off in the hustle board stats was enormous. Some of it was lack of quickness at multiple positions, some of it was mental. Our team was out-hustled much of this year.

We did not get near enough from Sturdivant to compensate for the loss of Alvarado. Sturdivant needed to step-up and make big strides and he did not. He did not create pressure on the ball, did not get tips, steals, 50-50 balls and did not hit the boards as much as a guard of his size and thickness should have. On offense, same deal. he didn't put enough pressure on the defenses and he did not create for his team mates. Far too few assists.

Deivon Smith flashed but he was not ready to play consistently. he hits the boards like a mad-man but he should have been able to create more on the ball pressure on defense than he did given his level of athleticism. His pull-up jumper projects to be a + weapon. I like his upside, but he needs to do it right away.

Lots of fans assume that Maxwell is gone but he has not entered the portal yet. The down side is that he is short-ish and heavy legged. The up-side is that he digs in and is assertive on both ends. Maxwell plays hard and physically. His offensive assertiveness would be an asset. If he stays, he has a chance if he works on his body but is otherwise iffy to be a + ACC player.

I see us looking for another guard in the portal.

On the wing, I think that Kelly is a foundational player. He has a nose for the action. He just needs to get stronger and progress normally to be a + ACC starter. I really like him.

Coleman was a huge disappointment, showing heavy legs and little ability to get himself open. He looked at his best driving and shooting through contact but did so only rarely. He shows little defensive inclination and no inclination to hit the boards. He's thick but doesn't use it. He seemed way too content to just watch the action from the perimeter, was a non-participant in the transition game, and did not stick his nose in the action near enough to be sold on him as an even average ACC starter. Way too hesitant. He will need to make fundamental changes in his approach, to develop and use his strength, to help get the program get back to the top tier.

Jalon Moore flashed a good combo of size, strength, athleticism and skills. There are tools to work with but he spent most of his time on the court looking lost. His natural inclination is to hit the defensive boards and start the break. He is a transition loving player, but doesn't look comfortable in the half court. He'd have to make huge strides to compensate for the loss of Usher, who is the team's biggest loss, IMO.

The post...ugh. Meka is just too small to be an ACC 5 and has minimal offensive skills and nearly all of his shots, no matter how close-in he was, were about a foot short. I see his upside as a situational defensive sub. I think he might be a defensive minded 4 in another system, but not in a "one-In, Four-Out" system.

Howard is another heavy legged player and is hampered by being slow off the floor. He is actually not too bad in the high post but is severely handicapped by his inability to shoot the short jumper. He doesn't even try it. Similar scenario that we saw with Banks when Pastner "scrapped" the offense. But Howard doesn't have any shot blocking skills and doesn't have the instincts to step-up and take charges. His weak-side rotations are practically non-existent. His deficiencies are most glaring on the defensive end. His lack of rebounding his area was a major issue for the team. A coach can make hay with a slow-footed Center, or an athletic, slow witted Center, but a coach can't make hay with a Center who is both slow-footed and slow witted. But he did improve and did have some nice games.

I thought Gigiberia showed the most upside of the three but Pastner had no patience to let the kid screw it up and figure it out. I think the season would still have been ugly with Saba getting the minutes until he fouled himself out of most games, but I think there would have been a better pay-off.

Moving forward, a big turnover in personality is required. We need to get back to being a scrappy defensive team as we were opening the lane to drives and cuts like crazy. I tend to think that Deivon Smith and Kelly are the foundation guys. We need to add quickness, bounce and tenacity to the back-court and the 4 & 5 spots. We need to see more ability to pressure the opposition on both ends, and radical improvement on the hustle board in general and the boards in particular, and the ability to create open shots for team-mates (way more assists).

The good news is that in this day and age of the portal, that is totally doable. Big Spring for Pastner. GT fans will forgive this season with a solid Spring roster upgrade and bounce-back next season.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This season was on Pastner. This was his first team that I thought was not very scrappy (as a whole). The drop-off in the hustle board stats was enormous. Some of it was lack of quickness at multiple positions, some of it was mental. Our team was out-hustled much of this year.

We did not get near enough from Sturdivant to compensate for the loss of Alvarado. Sturdivant needed to step-up and make big strides and he did not. He did not create pressure on the ball, did not get tips, steals, 50-50 balls and did not hit the boards as much as a guard of his size and thickness should have. On offense, same deal. he didn't put enough pressure on the defenses and he did not create for his team mates. Far too few assists.

Deivon Smith flashed but he was not ready to play consistently. he hits the boards like a mad-man but he should have been able to create more on the ball pressure on defense than he did given his level of athleticism. His pull-up jumper projects to be a + weapon. I like his upside, but he needs to do it right away.

Lots of fans assume that Maxwell is gone but he has not entered the portal yet. The down side is that he is short-ish and heavy legged. The up-side is that he digs in and is assertive on both ends. Maxwell plays hard and physically. His offensive assertiveness would be an asset. If he stays, he has a chance if he works on his body but is otherwise iffy to be a + ACC player.

I see us looking for another guard in the portal.

On the wing, I think that Kelly is a foundational player. He has a nose for the action. He just needs to get stronger and progress normally to be a + ACC starter. I really like him.

Coleman was a huge disappointment, showing heavy legs and little ability to get himself open. He looked at his best driving and shooting through contact but did so only rarely. He shows little defensive inclination and no inclination to hit the boards. He's thick but doesn't use it. He seemed way too content to just watch the action from the perimeter, was a non-participant in the transition game, and did not stick his nose in the action near enough to be sold on him as an even average ACC starter. Way too hesitant. He will need to make fundamental changes in his approach, to develop and use his strength, to help get the program get back to the top tier.

Jalon Moore flashed a good combo of size, strength, athleticism and skills. There are tools to work with but he spent most of his time on the court looking lost. His natural inclination is to hit the defensive boards and start the break. He is a transition loving player, but doesn't look comfortable in the half court. He'd have to make huge strides to compensate for the loss of Usher, who is the team's biggest loss, IMO.

The post...ugh. Meka is just too small to be an ACC 5 and has minimal offensive skills and nearly all of his shots, no matter how close-in he was, were about a foot short. I see his upside as a situational defensive sub. I think he might be a defensive minded 4 in another system, but not in a "one-In, Four-Out" system.

Howard is another heavy legged player and is hampered by being slow off the floor. He is actually not too bad in the high post but is severely handicapped by his inability to shoot the short jumper. He doesn't even try it. Similar scenario that we saw with Banks when Pastner "scrapped" the offense. But Howard doesn't have any shot blocking skills and doesn't have the instincts to step-up and take charges. His weak-side rotations are practically non-existent. His deficiencies are most glaring on the defensive end. His lack of rebounding his area was a major issue for the team. A coach can make hay with a slow-footed Center, or an athletic, slow witted Center, but a coach can't make hay with a Center who is both slow-footed and slow witted. But he did improve and did have some nice games.

I thought Gigiberia showed the most upside of the three but Pastner had no patience to let the kid screw it up and figure it out. I think the season would still have been ugly with Saba getting the minutes until he fouled himself out of most games, but I think there would have been a better pay-off.

Moving forward, a big turnover in personality is required. We need to get back to being a scrappy defensive team as we were opening the lane to drives and cuts like crazy. I tend to think that Deivon Smith and Kelly are the foundation guys. We need to add quickness, bounce and tenacity to the back-court and the 4 & 5 spots. We need to see more ability to pressure the opposition on both ends, and radical improvement on the hustle board in general and the boards in particular, and the ability to create open shots for team-mates (way more assists).

The good news is that in this day and age of the portal, that is totally doable. Big Spring for Pastner. GT fans will forgive this season with a solid Spring roster upgrade and bounce-back next season.
Incorporate how the offense was highly dependent on what Mike Devoe created and I think it resulted in Kyle & Deebo seeing reduced opportunities to be assertive. I think that factor is lacking from your take.

Also, Kyle was pretty solid down the stretch.

Saba doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to mix it up at this level.

Not even sure how anyone can render an analysis on Maxwell. He's played in 6 games total with one good offensive game.

Meka & Howard should ideally be backup post players, but think both have shown improvement in their time.

CJP is about to have quite a few spots open to play with. Needs to upgrade the post, get a combo forward and a "get a bucket" wing/combo guard.

I actually like all of our back court pieces and think we'll see improvement from all of them when they won't be deferential to Devoe.

slugboy

Staff member

CJP is about to have quite a few spots open to play with. Needs to upgrade the post, get a combo forward and a "get a bucket" wing/combo guard.

I actually like all of our back court pieces and think we'll see improvement from all of them when they won't be deferential to Devoe.
I read that as “get two players that are at least really good and one that’s at least decent”. The post player needs to be really good (IMHO).
I think that would be one of this staff’s better off seasons.
We’ve done that in the post with James Banks as a transfer. We’ve done that at forward with Usher. I thought Parham was that at guard. We need to do most of that in the same off season, with some combination of transfers and freshmen. It’d be a really successful off season

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
They have potential but they will need to make very large strides to dig us out of the hole

I can see where my evaluations may seem a little harsh but look at the context:

We went from a team that was .647 in the ACC to one that was .250. That's a big drop. The ACC championship team had four main guys, two of which returned. While neither Devoe or Usher may have been the stars of the level of Alvarado or Wright, both held-up their end this season, stayed healthy and produced at a level at or above their previous season.

With that NCAAT team, we had a defensive efficiency ranking of 160 (out of 355 = average) and an offensive efficiency rating of 44. Those numbers drop to 199 and 277, respectively for this season. That means GT was passed by 66% of NCAAT eligible teams between last season and this one in offensive efficiency.

Throughout the season the topic of discussion was finding a third (and even a 4th scorer). None emerged, at least consistently. Deferring to Mike Devoe, who was taking on double and triple teams all season, is really a non-starter and that doesn't explain hesitancy on the defensive end and on the boards. The opportunities were there for several guys to help pick up the slack but the production was simply not there to prevent the program from tanking.

At the higher levels of Div 1, it is the rule rather than the exception that star players move on. In good programs, the next man up picks up the slack. While it was never realistic to expect no drop-off this season, the production of the guys behind Devoe and Usher was simply not adequate. In the case of Sturdivant, he was poised to take one of the key roles as he had the minutes in the system, has high 3* size and talent and shot a decent percentage behind Alvarado. While he is solid, the production numbers are not there. While he was okay in terms on not doing bad stuff, he came-up way short in doing enough good, impactful things. Deebo Coleman was a highly rated recruit. Again, the production was not there for the minutes played. That is the story for too many guys: poor production per minute played. As a result, the offensive efficiency rating goes from 44 to 277. That drop is harsh. analyzing reasons behind the drop is also harsh.

That lack of production translated in a 20 loss team and an ACC percentage of .250. I'm not saying the kids can't play, but there is a LOT of ground to be made up here. There is a general lack of quickness and creativity in getting shots for each other (especially with Usher now gone). This will need to be addressed.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am wrong, but I believe Pastner thought one or both of Moses and Jose would stay with Usher after the disappointment at the NCAA Tournament with Moses' positive test.

The problem with the team this year was two-fold. Early in the year I thought the only real problem was at the 5 and the eventual emergence of Howard or Meka or Saba, or a combination thereof, would make things OK. But, later in the season I realized we simply had no one to take Jose's place. Sturdivant was OK most of the time, but he was never going to be the guy who made his teammates better. We needed that. Devoe is a much better player when he doesn't have to create for himself. Usher cannot be the focus of the offense. Or even option #2 if there isn't a #3. Our guard play last year was awesome. This year we were maybe middle of the ACC. Is that Pastner's fault?
Yes it is Pastner's fault. His thinking either Jose or Moses were coming back was simply wishful thinking and foolish. His job is to field a good basketball team. His job required him to have a hard conversation with both and set an early and firm date for them to make a decision. They were never seriously coming back again. They both had done all they could as college players.

That his guards are at best average and he has no legitimate post player is 100% his fault. He recruits the players. This year's team's talent played to their record. We are a bottom level ACC team talent wise and our record showed that in spades. You simply can't strike out recruting 4 of 6 years and expect to compete even in a bad conference which the ACC is now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes it is Pastner's fault. His thinking either Jose or Moses were coming back was simply wishful thinking and foolish. His job is to field a good basketball team. His job required him to have a hard conversation with both and set an early and firm date for them to make a decision. They were never seriously coming back again. They both had done all they could as college players.

That his guards are at best average and he has no legitimate post player is 100% his fault. He recruits the players. This year's team's talent played to their record. We are a bottom level ACC team talent wise and our record showed that in spades. You simply can't strike out recruting 4 of 6 years and expect to compete even in a bad conference which the ACC is now.
I agree, this rests on Pastner.

If you assume the 4 SR are not returning (which I think is highly likely) we only have 9 players on scholarship.
You should assume at least 1-2 players will transfer out (that is actually a below avg rate for Div 1 basketball but Pastner's teams have been pretty good about holding onto players). That means you have only 6-7 returning players.

Realistically I think the staff needs to bring in at least 4 players this spring between HS and portal (mostly portal).

Howard looks to be developing into an adequate ACC big man. Meka has shown a few glimpses, Saba can't seem to get off the bench.
On the perimeter Kyle looks like a solid ACC PG, nothing more, nothing less. If his main role is to facilitate and get the ball to other difference makers and play solid defense, he is fine. He is not good enough to be more than that. I don't see him as someone that will make a huge difference, but I don't think he will cost you games either. IMO Smith right now is an athlete that plays basketball - he doesn't do anything particularly well other than jump high and run fast. He's currently a below avg shooter and a below avg ballhandler for a PG (turns it over too much relative to assists). I'm not convinced he has the mindset to be a top level basketball player. I don't need to see videos of you dunking the ball. I need to see videos of you taking 500 jumpers, videos of you working on ballhandling drills. That would make me feel alot better.
Kelly looks like a high level shooter and scorer. Deebo shows talent and versatility but is way too passive. J Moore looks like he could eventually replace K Moore. Maxwell hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to play for 2 seasons now. I'm hoping with Devoe and Usher moving on to a professional future that the young guys will step up their games and not defer.

I think this team needs a rim protector who is a threat to score inside. It needs an experienced 4 man that can score. It needs another scoring perimeter player.
My focus would be on really experienced and tough mid-major types. You can take maybe one flyer on a high major type with upside (like they did with Smith last year), but realistically you have to find guys that are going to be significant contributors this season and I think that is more likely to come from top level mid major guys.

Running Princeton with Howard makes no sense as he is no threat away from the basket. If you want to run that you need someone that is a scoring threat at the high post.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Drop-off seasons are not that rare. Having a rough year on the heels of two good ones is not an unforgiveable sin. Neither is a team where the pieces just don't come together well.

The pivotal matter is in the response to those drop-off seasons. And the real question is whether or not we can expect to climb back into the upper-middle to lower-upper tier of the ACC via development and progression of the players we have or if a roster a make-over be required. I think the natural answer is both. We can expect notable improvement of the young guards and wings but I think some overhaul is going to have to occur in the front court and probably PG.

Pastner had two good years followed by getting slapped down hard this last season. How he responds to this will be quite telling. Does he aggressively address team weaknesses on the player acquisition front or do we start to hear the rhetoric about the time required to rebuild / get old, etc. ?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think this team needs a rim protector who is a threat to score inside. It needs an experienced 4 man that can score. It needs another scoring perimeter player.
My focus would be on really experienced and tough mid-major types. You can take maybe one flyer on a high major type with upside (like they did with Smith last year), but realistically you have to find guys that are going to be significant contributors this season and I think that is more likely to come from top level mid major guys.

So 60% of our starting line up should be one year rentaplayers? If that happens I'd probably not bother to watch. We tried that. Didn't work. And it was completely without the feeling of watching players develop and grow as a program that separates NCAA from NBA. It was basketball without the soul of the college game and without the skill of the pro game.

One year transfers have a place. And for us it would make sense to look for that type of player at the 4 spot as we don't really have anyone that fits there. Meka looks more like a 5 with how the staff is treating the offense and the Jalon Moore is more of a SF playing out of position who may develop, with experience, the ability to be effective out of position there similar to what Usher did.

Beyond that though we should use the portal as we have under Pastner, to bring in high potential transfers with multiple years of eligibility left, treating it more to augment recruiting than as a band aid fix.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So 60% of our starting line up should be one year rentaplayers? If that happens I'd probably not bother to watch. We tried that. Didn't work. And it was completely without the feeling of watching players develop and grow as a program that separates NCAA from NBA. It was basketball without the soul of the college game and without the skill of the pro game.

One year transfers have a place. And for us it would make sense to look for that type of player at the 4 spot as we don't really have anyone that fits there. Meka looks more like a 5 with how the staff is treating the offense and the Jalon Moore is more of a SF playing out of position who may develop, with experience, the ability to be effective out of position there similar to what Usher did.

Beyond that though we should use the portal as we have under Pastner, to bring in high potential transfers with multiple years of eligibility left, treating it more to augment recruiting than as a band aid fix.
You watched this year (for a while, at least) and we had Usher, Sturdivant, and Howard (or Parham or Smith) in our starting lineup. We are already there.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You watched this year (for a while, at least) and we had Usher, Sturdivant, and Howard (or Parham or Smith) in our starting lineup. We are already there.

Usher - year three
Sturdivant - year two with one and maybe two left.
Howard - year two with one and maybe two left.
Parham - year three
Smith - 3 more years of eligibility left.

Yeah. Bunch of one year rentaplayers.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Usher - year three
Sturdivant - year two with one and maybe two left.
Howard - year two with one and maybe two left.
Parham - year three
Smith - 3 more years of eligibility left.

Yeah. Bunch of one year rentaplayers.
I agree with you, but getting transfers is always going to be guys with <4 years to play. It doesn't have to be one year. COVID gave guys an extra year, but that is not going to be around much longer. That said, I would prefer getting 4* guys, developing them and seeing them graduate from GT. But those days may be essentially gone as the college basketball norm.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but getting transfers is always going to be guys with <4 years to play. It doesn't have to be one year. COVID gave guys an extra year, but that is not going to be around much longer. That said, I would prefer getting 4* guys, developing them and seeing them graduate from GT. But those days may be essentially gone as the college basketball norm.

None of those guys would have been one year players without the covid year and it makes a big difference, at least to me. There was still a sense of development, or potential development, with all of them.

Compare that to the era of James White, Nick Jacobs, Adam Smith, Robert Sampson, Demarco Cox, Trae Golden. Even those that worked out well for us felt more like they were passing through rather than helping build something.

I think we'll take a couple in the portal, but I would be surprised if less than 4 starters on next year's team are acquired through the portal this offseason.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'm not saying they have to be one year rent a players. Hopefully most of them will have at least 2 years available. But right now it is more important to get guys that can play next season than guys that take a year to get going.

Based on what other schools are doing you should assume it will be a mix, it may be one or two one-year players and one or two multiyear players.
But transfers are definitely becoming more important to programs. Most programs started multiple transfer this year (whether they were grad transfers or regular transfers) and 13 of the 40 1st team All-Conference selections in the power conferences this year were transfers. IMO that is likely to increase to close to 50% in the next couple of seasons as the split between transfers and guys developed from day 1 in most programs is heading to a 50/50 split.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
None of those guys would have been one year players without the covid year and it makes a big difference, at least to me. There was still a sense of development, or potential development, with all of them.

Compare that to the era of James White, Nick Jacobs, Adam Smith, Robert Sampson, Demarco Cox, Trae Golden. Even those that worked out well for us felt more like they were passing through rather than helping build something.

I think we'll take a couple in the portal, but I would be surprised if less than 4 starters on next year's team are acquired through the portal this offseason.
To confirm, you think next year's team will start only 1 current player.

Am I reading that last sentence correctly?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
To confirm, you think next year's team will start only 1 current player.

Am I reading that last sentence correctly?

You read it correctly but it's the opposite of what I meant. I originally had "I would be surprised if less than 4 of our starters next year weren't already on our team" decided to change the second half and forgot to change the first half to match. It should have been more than one of our starters on next year's team was acquired through the portal this offseason.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You read it correctly but it's the opposite of what I meant. I originally had "I would be surprised if less than 4 of our starters next year weren't already on our team" decided to change the second half and forgot to change the first half to match. It should have been more than one of our starters on next year's team was acquired through the portal this offseason.
That's what I thought. I thought your view, based on other posts, would be 4 starters from our current team.