ACC Tournament 2021

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
So who is home team, GT or NC State? #ACCConspiracy@Bwelbo

We *should* be as higher seed?

We should be, but I won’t complain on this one as they are one of the hottest teams in the country.

But lest there be any doubt about the advantage of hitting last, we do not need to look any further than last night.
In 2019, we were the 2 seed. Home team for both semifinal (v #3) & championship (v #5). @SnidelyWhiplash you'll have to dig up something else on this one. Maybe not fair that ratio of NCST to GT fans will be 100 to 1?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I know we used a lot of pitchers last night, even just a few innings each. Maxwell, Huff, and Bartnicki, among others.

Who do we think will be good to go on Saturday?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I know we used a lot of pitchers last night, even just a few innings each. Maxwell, Huff, and Bartnicki, among others.

Who do we think will be good to go on Saturday?
Here is the box score with how many pitches were thrown. I think everyone but Maxwell & Hurter will be available for at least an inning or two on Saturday. I think if we win on Saturday that Hurter may be able to go two or three innings on Sunday?

Meanwhile, NCST used two pitchers in their game (starter for 8 innings I think and closer). They have the "meaningless" game with UNC tomorrow where they should not use anyone that is critical. So their pitching will be in much better shape. We will really need Grissom to go deep.

1622211798532.png

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is the box score with how many pitches were thrown. I think everyone but Maxwell & Hurter will be available for at least an inning or two on Saturday. I think if we win on Saturday that Hurter may be able to go two or three innings on Sunday?

Meanwhile, NCST used two pitchers in their game (starter for 8 innings I think and closer). They have the "meaningless" game with UNC tomorrow where they should not use anyone that is critical. So their pitching will be in much better shape. We will really need Grissom to go deep.

View attachment 10614
Ken S actually posted similar thoughts on the ajc.

View attachment 10614

After 118 combined pitches, I doubt there's any chance we see Hurter or Maxwell again for the ACC tourney. I would also save Archer to start the first few innings of a possible Sunday game if we win tomorrow.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Ken S actually posted similar thoughts on the ajc.

Well, he loses credibility when his first sentence is "after a 14-inning win against Louisville on Thursday ......". I must have missed the last two innings. At least he got the say of the week and our next opponent correct.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
For those of you with espn +, is it worth it?

Id say yes. Although they blacked out a few of the ACCT games, I’ve watched a ton of college baseball games this year in the background. Also good for some international soccer games too. I have a smaller tv mounted next to my main one that generally always has something from ESPN+ on mute streaming.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
What is the @Fredastrodamus prediction?

My prediction, which I am quite confident in, is that @PerpetualButthurt will spend the game being perpetually butthurt.
Well... here's where we have a bit of an uncomfortable problem. I will just lay out some facts. You take it from there...

FWIW...
1) Ga Tech swept NCST in regular season. We did that to Clemson too.
2) Ga Tech beat NCST in 2019 ACC semifinals #2 v #3.
3) In 2021, when I am physically in the state of NC... Ga Tech is 7-1.

Deleted member 2897

Well... here's where we have a bit of an uncomfortable problem. I will just lay out some facts. You take it from there...

FWIW...
1) Ga Tech swept NCST in regular season. We did that to Clemson too.
2) Ga Tech beat NCST in 2019 ACC semifinals #2 v #3.
3) In 2021, when I am physically in the state of NC... Ga Tech is 7-1.

I have no problem with a prediction that NC State wins 8-5. That way you're either correct or extremely happy being wrong. A win-win.

So who is home team, GT or NC State? #ACCConspiracy@Bwelbo

We *should* be as higher seed?

I could be wrong, but I believe the deal with the home team is that every team in the tournament gets to be the home team at least once, and after all teams get a turn, it's based on highest seed. IMHO, we should be the home team tomorrow.