ACC Tournament 2021

slugboy

Staff member
If you missed the game,
  • We were behind for most of the game
  • We tied it up at the end of regulation (hope I remember everything correctly)
  • Lost the lead again in extra innings
  • re-tied it
  • Lost the lead again
  • Jenkins hit a burner of a double with two outs in the bottom of the 12th with two men on at 1st and 2nd, and they raced around the bags to take the lead.
Watch the replay if you can—at least the last 4 innings. That was fun baseball (in hindsight)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
This game showed me how insanely deep our lineup is. From about the 7th inning on it seemed like every AB we desperately needed a runner or a hit w/ RISP and you’d expect some easy outs for a few of those ABs. And every time we kept trotting guys out that I felt reasonably confident could come through. We’ve got to be an absolute nightmare to pitch against.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here's my predictions on pool winners:
A - UVA
B - Ga Tech
C - NC State
D - Duke

Truth is... any team in bottom 8 can win 2 & advance. Obviously, the top 4 have to only win the 1 game that matters. Pretty wide open.

ETA... 3 teams will be eliminated today.

Duke... check.

I'll stop when I'm wrong.
Ga Tech.... check

Deleted member 2897

I hate calling out (or wishing ill) on any college athlete. They're all just kids doing thier best.

But Luke Smith is a twerp. A verifiable a**hole. Glad he took the L.

He will take the L in life too. He’s a 3-dimensional loser. Every possible angle you look at him it’s full on idiot.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
What a great game. Turned it off like four times only to turn it back on like 30 seconds later cause I just had a feeling we would pull this out. Just like rower said, every time they would get through the first four batters, you’d have a Reid or Compton up with a runner on and just have confidence they can get a hit. We are so strong 1-9. If the bullpen can catch fire we can make a deep run.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t wait to go back and watch the game. I didn’t see, but what was the deal with Luke smith? What happened there?