ACC Standings

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I saw the second half of BC yesterday, actually. Their QB was playing out of his mind. Why they got ranked so low, I don’t know
I can only assume it's a season long ranking based on how horrific they looked in weeks 1 and 2. lost to northern illinois who followed up the game with losses to an FCS school and a blowout loss to nebraska and then only a 3 point win over FCS Holy Cross. BC def looked like a completely different team this week though I'll give them credit there

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BC and Syracuse both look like much tougher games now then they did pre-season imo.
Both have mobile QB's that are likely going to give our defense fits.

I think that ACC ranking is about right as of now. I think Clemson will ultimately end up in the top 3, though lets see what happens when they play a real team again, compared to their last 2 opponents.

The ACC has gotten off to a good start this season (still has 7 undefeated teams, only the PAC has more - 8), and I think alot of it has to do with there being alot of good QB's in the league right now.
I say only UVA (whose starting QB has been hurt and hasn't played yet I don't think) and VT look to have weak QB's and Pitt looks suspect as well. But every other ACC team right now in my eyes has an ACC starting caliber QB. That is likely going to lead to alot of competitive games as most teams have QB's that can keep them in a game.

If you asked me would I rather have the ACC QB's or the SEC's i'd take the ACC's every time. I think that is one reason the SEC has struggled more this season so far, their QB play is not as strong as it used to be.

JacketFan137

Banned
anything but a convincing win against virginia would be underachieving to me. this team looks terrible and might be one of the worst teams in the acc

JacketFan137

Banned
You might want to let NCST know…
they have been pretty mediocre too. just wins over VMI and uconn who i think we’d take care of.

this weekend will be a good barometer if we play as good as i think we can but man i think we are better than a lot of teams in the acc if we just play our game

CEB

Helluva Engineer
they have been pretty mediocre too. just wins over VMI and uconn who i think we’d take care of.

this weekend will be a good barometer if we play as good as i think we can but man i think we are better than a lot of teams in the acc if we just play our game
No doubt… just funny as you anointed UVA one of the worst, NCST said “hold my beer.”
I also believe We are better than a lot. Shame to avoid VT for the first time in years and it looks like NCST might be another unfortunate miss. Can’t gripe if we don’t take care of the likes of WF, BC, UVA and Cuse, though.

JacketFan137

Banned
No doubt… just funny as you anointed UVA one of the worst, NCST said “hold my beer.”
I also believe We are better than a lot. Shame to avoid VT for the first time in years and it looks like NCST might be another unfortunate miss. Can’t gripe if we don’t take care of the likes of WF, BC, UVA and Cuse, though.
to be fair uva has been blown out by 2 p5 teams, lost to a FCS team and they just look like they were going through the motions tonight. i have a lot of terp family so i watched that game and i think they turned the ball over like 4 drives in a row or something it was ugly.

BC impressed me against fsu but idk if that was a case of getting hot one time or not. their qb may give us fits cause he looked fast as ****.

cuse may be a shootout cause idk if we can stop their offense

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
VT and UVA seem to be clearly the bottom of the conference. Everyone else playing OOC seems to be taking care of business, although Cuse was looking rough for a half. Louisville may end up being one of the best ACC teams this season, they are blowing BC out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
VT and UVA seem to be clearly the bottom of the conference. Everyone else playing OOC seems to be taking care of business, although Cuse was looking rough for a half. Louisville may end up being one of the best ACC teams this season, they are blowing BC out.

Clempy at the bottom of the ACC too at 0-2. Gotta enjoy that. NC State not good only winning by 3 over UVa, but they won.

Duke and Miami taking care of business in blowouts.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Wide receiver screen call in OT seemed too cute when all you needed was a yard. If you’re going to gamble throw a sage route into the end zone and if you miss, run your best back (all ACC) for that yard.

In that situation you go for the first down on third, and fourth if you need it. That gets you 4 more chances for the score you have to get. I am not sure what Clem was thinking on that play call.