ACC Standings

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Do we have to root for Cal yet? They’re making it hard right now.
No. We never have to root for Cal. Remember the days when we wanted everyone in our conference to burn and die? I do. I think it was the late 90's/early 2000's when the SEC started the whole conference pride thing. Before that, it was always about wanting all of your rivals/conference foes to lose.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
No. We never have to root for Cal. Remember the days when we wanted everyone in our conference to burn and die? I do. I think it was the late 90's/early 2000's when the SEC started the whole conference pride thing. Before that, it was always about wanting all of your rivals/conference foes to lose.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as much as I hate it, their conference pride / rah rah sh1# seems to have paid off in spades.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Especially with the expanded playoff upcoming, and the acc divisions going away, we should always root against anybody in-conference who has a better record than us. The whole sec conference pride thing was always weird to me anyway. Whatever has our best interest in hand at the time is what I pull for.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
The week one loss is still frustrating, but seeing Louisville at 4-0 makes me hopeful that they are pretty good and we can compete with a lot of the teams on our schedule.
Definitely a game we could’ve/should’ve won. I think that would’ve looked like a great win at the end of the year if we could’ve held it together in the 2nd half.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Scratching my head why Birr wasnt kicking xps and fgs from jump street. Kid seems to be money(blocked fg against ole miss not his fault). I thought he looked to be the much better kicker in spring game. I understand not taking his job from him given he kicked well last year and probably looked the same during practice. But UL game could have been different result with two made fgs.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as much as I hate it, their conference pride / rah rah sh1# seems to have paid off in spades.
I agree. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Give me the days when we rooted for GT and the opponent of every one on our schedule, unless they were playing the cow college up 78

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Meh. I liked when I rooted for everyone we played (our entire conference) to lose. That made our bowl game all that more important.
I live/work deep on Big 10 territory. I can only piss off my coworkers whenever an ACC team beats a Big 10 team.

Last edited:

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
"Let's root for many of our closest rivals to win big so we get more money and our disappointing season *looks* a little better to outsiders" isn't something I've seen in other sports, and for good reason I think. Everyone's a sellout but some have sold out more than others. So yeah, sticking with "SEC ruined football." ;)

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Scratching my head why Birr wasnt kicking xps and fgs from jump street. Kid seems to be money(blocked fg against ole miss not his fault). I thought he looked to be the much better kicker in spring game. I understand not taking his job from him given he kicked well last year and probably looked the same during practice. But UL game could have been different result with two made fgs.
To be fair, until this year Stewart has been pretty much automatic. Just didn't have the strongest leg. Birr was a highly rated kicker coming out of high school.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Yeah...I want every five-star athlete in America to dream of playing in the ACC...to be on TV...to play professionally one day.

Like it used to be in basketball when Dean Smith, Terry Holland, Lefty Driesell, Coach K and Bobby Cremins dominated the hardwoods.

A rising tide raises ALL the boats.

slugboy

Staff member
Jurkovec got hurt in Pitt’s loss to UNC. They play VT next week—possibly with a backup?

Here are your week 4 standings, with six undefeated ACC teams.

SCHOOLACCOVERALL
Florida State2-04-0
Louisville2-04-0
Duke1-04-0
North Carolina1-04-0
NC State1-03-1
Georgia Tech1-12-2
Miami0-04-0
Syracuse0-04-0
Virginia Tech0-01-3
Wake Forest0-13-1
Pitt0-11-3
Virginia0-10-4
Clemson0-22-2
Boston College0-21-3

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Kicking is so mental that it is genuinely impossible to look at practice reps and know if the in-game reps will match. Totally different animals. The good news is that Birr seems to have it - glad we found a kicker with “it” by game 2.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The FG kicker is SO important to winning. Just ask Dabo. They easily could be rejoicing in a big win this morning. Having to count on a walk on who was ready to take a job. With a big time program Clemson has had, it's a head scratcher why they didn't have a better alternative. I assume their scholarship kicker is out for some reason. If not, Dabo is not paying attention to detail and it cost him big time.