ACC Standings

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

Clemson has lost: Three of its last four games, four of its last seven, and three of those losses were by three scores.​

renderTimingPixel.png

Dabo has not embraced the portal or NIL. If you don’t adapt, you die. It seems he’s picking to die.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If Clemson doesn't fumble twice and punches those two in for TDs and hits the missed FG, Duke loses by double digits. I fully expect Clemson to clean that crap up and be a top team in the Nation. I think last night was a wake-up call to a Clemson team that felt they could sleep-walk through their schedule. Now, the coaches will have their attention. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game for the rest of the regular season.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If Clemson doesn't fumble twice and punches those two in for TDs and hits the missed FG, Duke loses by double digits. I fully expect Clemson to clean that crap up and be a top team in the Nation. I think last night was a wake-up call to a Clemson team that felt they could sleep-walk through their schedule. Now, the coaches will have their attention. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game for the rest of the regular season.

So if you give Clemson 17 points, they win a game that they lost by 21 points? lol

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you. Riley Leonard had a hell of a game and only completed 50% of his passes. That front 7 of Clemson looked ferocious and was getting great push.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Duke was 8 points away from a 11 win season last year. Don’t sleep on them. Their defense is still very good. Were top 25 in most efficiency metrics last season.

They were easily getting pressure from their DL. Consistently in Clemson's backfield. Their DBs close space quickly, and they are a physical team. Duke, and I hate to say it, looks like they can play with any team in the ACC. They also have a top tier NFL prospect at QB. You have those ingredients, and you can play with anyone.

Duke may not win the ACC, but they will be in the conversation.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Leonard is third on kipers big board behind the big 2. If he has a good year I could see Elko jumping ship for a big payday
I would hate to see him get poached next year by NIL money. He definitely is a player. Saw 2 Duke games in person last year and could see they had a real winner.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is my feeling exactly. Clemson's mistakes cost them an easy win on the road. They have a couple of easy games before hosting FSU later this month. I think Dabo will have them ready. If not, the magic could disappear in Clemson.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
How long can dook hang onto him?
That's a good question. One advantage coaching Duke football is there is zero pressure/ Depending on how much he is paid he may like that setup. If Duke has another 9 win season he can afford to be very choosey about any offers he may get. Of course if he does not have a QB of Leonard's quality coming in then he may opt to leave sooner.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
They have top 10 recruiting classes the last 5 years. Talent is certainly not an issue in Clemson despite what the talking heads say.
There Fans are looking at it this way 2023 12 players transferred out, in 2022 11 players transferred out, and in 2021 8 players transferred out while they only have brought 2 players in using the portal. that is 31 players out by the portal and only 2 to replace them. even with good to great recruiting that is hard to build good depth. Today players won't hang around 2 or 3 years if they don't start.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

"Oof", as in our QB doesn't look good in these rankings? Seriously? So were you expecting King to rank above the two Heisman contenders? Fourth in the conference considering UNC's/FSU's/Duke's performances is pretty decent (I didn't watch the VPI game).
Perhaps I misunderstood your comment.