ACC Standings

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Dook won the game outright. They played faster and stronger than Clemson. Dook is much better than most people think and Clemson is likely no where near as good as most people think. This is why you play the game on the field instead of on paper.

slugboy

Staff member
The comments on this are priceless...

What were Klubnik’s odds last week?

IMG_2186.jpeg

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Dook won the game outright. They played faster and stronger than Clemson. Dook is much better than most people think and Clemson is likely no where near as good as most people think. This is why you play the game on the field instead of on paper.
There is a new conference for those good on paper please sign below to join the conference

1693922042688.png

1) LSU
2) Clemson

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Supposedly 40K at the game. Sold out according to local tv. Clemson brought a lot of fans but Duke is proving that winning will get fans to come see good competition and a good product on the field. They were lucky to get 25K to the games before Elko.
Wallace Wade looks like a really fun venue when it's sold out. Place was rocking last night.

Elko has totally changed the culture there, even last year. I sat next to a Duke fan at our game against them last year at Bobby Dodd and he said Elko bought the entire incoming Frosh class customized jerseys with their names on it to build support. It has worked.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Wallace Wade looks like a really fun venue when it's sold out. Place was rocking last night.

Elko has totally changed the culture there, even last year. I sat next to a Duke fan at our game against them last year at Bobby Dodd and he said Elko bought the entire incoming Frosh class customized jerseys with their names on it to build support. It has worked.
It is a nice stadium and good seats with backs. They spent a ton of money a few years ago on upgrades- led by former player Dilwig. Parking for the stadium is a long long walk without a parking pass. Otherwise a good venue.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
And I wondered if this thread would stay updated

View attachment 14699

From BlueSky
Anyone notice something unusual about this photo? It seems to me that whenever a crowd rushes the field, our miraculous win over FSU in 2015 for example, there are always more people in the stands than actually on the field. Duke, being Duke, seems to have more on the field at least to me.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
T

They have no respect for Duke football. One loss and ready to fire the coach. Duke won 9 games last year with a good QB and very good coach. Duke is not a top 20 program but they are no pushover either. Clemson had multiple chances to score and didn't get it done in the red zone.
This reminds me of the first year FSU was in the ACC. They were very good at the height of Bowdon mania but Clemson had been the bell cow of the ACC for quite some time. When they met, there was a lot of discussion about FSU being heavily favored even though the game was at Clemson. The Clemson players were not happy about the lack of RESPECT being shown by the oddsmakers. Said one of the Tiger scholars "This ain't Duke" Naturally, FSU killed them in humiliating fashion. Funny how these things work out sometimes.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
T

They have no respect for Duke football. One loss and ready to fire the coach. Duke won 9 games last year with a good QB and very good coach. Duke is not a top 20 program but they are no pushover either. Clemson had multiple chances to score and didn't get it done in the red zone.
Clemson has lost 3 of their last four games iirc

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
Saw my doc this morning who is a Clemson undergrad. Asked her about the game, and she responded: "We got crushed by Duke of all teams!" She's a great doc, but clearly not football-happy today.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

The four above King have been playing in their system for multiple years. This is King's first season, actually first game, at GT and in Buster's system.

That bodes well for us going forward. After watching the ACC teams play so far, I think King is trending to be one of the better QBs in the ACC. As long as you have a good QB, your team has a chance. GT has a chance, and we did against Louisville. At some point in the season, hopefully, we'll turn that corner and close out games.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Clemson has lost: Three of its last four games, four of its last seven, and three of those losses were by three scores.​

renderTimingPixel.png

slugboy

Staff member
I wouldn’t read a lot into some of the numbers from yesterday.

I think we can say reasonably
  • FSU looks like a contender
  • BC looks like they’re in trouble
  • Duke is getting top 25 votes this week
  • Clemson might stay in the top 25 this week, but that game was a shot across the bow
  • UNC started strong
  • Too early to tell with Louisville and GT
  • Most everyone else ain’t played nobody yet
  • I don’t know if Tennessee is good or UVA is bad, or both
From Fox

THU, AUG 31

NCST1-0
UCONN0-1
FINAL

ELON0-1
WAKE1-0
FINAL

FRI, SEP 1

LOU1-0
GT0-1
FINAL

MIA-OH0-1
MIA1-0
FINAL

SAT, SEP 2

UVA0-1
12 TENN1-0
FINAL

UNC1-0
SCAR0-1
FINAL

NIU1-0
BC0-1
FINAL / OT

COLG0-1
SYR1-0
FINAL

WOFF0-1
PITT1-0
FINAL

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...a-tech-hokies-sep-02-2023-game-boxscore-38002

ODU0-1

VT1-0

SUN, SEP 3

LSU0-1
FSU1-0
FINAL

YESTERDAY

CLEM0-1
DUKE1-0
FINAL

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Duke was 8 points away from a 11 win season last year. Don’t sleep on them. Their defense is still very good. Were top 25 in most efficiency metrics last season.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
USA today has us at 105/133 after this weekend, down 27 spots from last week. They don't think very highly Louisville either.

imo we probably end up in the 50-70 range

slugboy

Staff member
FEI has us at 87. SP+ wasn’t updated when I looked.
Possibly, Louisville moved down a bit after the game.