ACC Predictions 2019-20

Where will Tech finish in the 2019-20 ACC standings?

• 1-4

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 5-8

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • 9-12

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • 13-15

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I assume he does like his salary which is now partially funded by the ACC network. The same network that gave him a 3 hour commercial with Packer and Durham the other morning. :cool:

I know he likes to start his seasons really slowly but that really isn't a reason to go all "money grab" on the ACC. Unless he is willing to send some of his money back to Syracuse and the ACC to let him play Colgate sisters of the poor and Cornell NW NY State.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitt's backups, especially Murphy and Brown, have been better than their starters. Neither Johnson or McGowens have been very good so far.

Pitt's starting backcourt is susceptible to pressure. In 2 games Johnson and McGowens have 11 assts to 17 TO. Neither is a particuarly good shooter either - both are downhill penetrator type players.

Pitt's 2 starting wings - Toney and Drumgoole have contributed almost nothing.
Pitt's reserves have outscored the starters 75 to 58 (Murphy with 40 of the 75).

Offensively they probably need to go to a 3 guard lineup with Johnson, McGowens and Murphy. When Murphy is not in there they don't have anyone the opposing team is going to respect from the 3-pt line.

I see them finishing in the 9-11 range in the ACC. They will win some games, but are going to lose more ACC games than they win.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I assume he does like his salary which is now partially funded by the ACC network. The same network that gave him a 3 hour commercial with Packer and Durham the other morning. :cool:

I know he likes to start his seasons really slowly but that really isn't a reason to go all "money grab" on the ACC. Unless he is willing to send some of his money back to Syracuse and the ACC to let him play Colgate sisters of the poor and Cornell NW NY State.
I take it you live in Greensboro? ;)

He's ornery. I find it entertaining. Over the last few years, I kind of look at his press conferences as a reward for having watched his team's offense for 40 minutes.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Watching fsu Florida game. At 5 min left in 1st 1/2 both teams had about 15 pts each.

Fsu pulling away from FL now. Defensively fsu looks ok but still not very impressed. FL is a surprise, they look very overrated.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Where did THWG16 go? Hopefully he won't come back until he under goes an attitude adjustment. [emoji4]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Oh I’m here , sitting here thinking about how big this game vs uga is Wednesday night ! We need it bad , have lost a few in a row to them & looks like we won’t beat them in football for awhile . I’m sure if we lose y’all will be happy either way cause you’re on here to pass the time & don’t really care about sports . Lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh I’m here , sitting here thinking about how big this game vs uga is Wednesday night ! We need it bad , have lost a few in a row to them & looks like we won’t beat them in football for awhile . I’m sure if we lose y’all will be happy either way cause you’re on here to pass the time & don’t really care about sports . Lol

And you think complaining is supporting, rather than buying tickets, making donations, and having enough awareness about modern college hoops to under$tand why we don't recruit the way we did under Hewitt.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I do understand that this is probably the only fan base that actually blames fans for failures , it’s really amazing

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
And as a I said earlier , maybe the athletic department should decide if we’re gonna compete with big boys or join the Ivy League !i know it helps when people show for games & give $$ but if the administration wants us to be a nerd school & forget athletics then we can’t change that . I think we’ve got a decent basketball team this year & that’s why I’m saying Wednesday night is important cause we have a chance to beat the dogs in something