ACC Network Updates

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
It is apparent you adore Swafford and nothing will change that for you.

If you can not grasp the concept of a leader thinking outside the box, or innovation, or having a professional running the organization known as the ACC then so be it.

A guy was telling me about the ACC has the reigning NC in MBB & Football. What did swafford do to make that happen? If he did something, then he also is responsible for the dregs of the conference.
I have no love for Swafford. He is a **** enough commissioner and Tobacco Road homer without assigning blame to him that doesn't belong on him.

GT_EE78

Banned
1.5 hours on the phone with DTV and i still don't have ACCN
they gonna jack up my price by 25/month
(am trying to get it tomorrow but may cancle after the game)
but on a more positive note> I now know how to bypass the automated system to get a live rep
just say "cancel my account"
after another 1.5 hours on the phone with DTV I've learned that my current service package is no longer offered,
so If I upgrade and cancel ,i can't get my current service back, then I would lose channels that I watch plus suffer a small price increase.
NO ACCN for me
sux
but on a more positive note> saying "cancel my account" takes you directly to the "Loyalty" department, who has far more options to "get nothing done" than your local Philipino service technician. So the next time i want to waste 1.5 hours I'll be able to do it more quickly.
has anyone found an online radio station thats covering?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Tell ATTs damn union where to stick it. They purposely misled me to believe a service call would be made by their customer sac people just before the same customer sac people went on strike Friday afternoon. They pulled a Pearl Harbor style walk-out on management, and no, mgt can not do the work.
My experience with uverse several years ago -- when they were struggling to get uverse customers at 50% plus one of their service base, the better to act like cable and take rate increases when they wanted without oversight, was that it could pretty much suck with or without the union. It was a standalone disaster somebody thought up. So I got out.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It is apparent you adore Swafford and nothing will change that for you.

If you can not grasp the concept of a leader thinking outside the box, or innovation, or having a professional running the organization known as the ACC then so be it.

A guy was telling me about the ACC has the reigning NC in MBB & Football. What did swafford do to make that happen? If he did something, then he also is responsible for the dregs of the conference.

The pushback you are getting isn't praise for Swafford. It is simply stating the fact that Swafford has no power to influence the negotiations outside of what they are already doing. All of the ACC athletic programs, ADs, and coaches have been on social media and in the media asking fans to call their providers and demand the ACC Network. What else can Swafford or the athletic programs do? They cannot force ESPN to take what Comcast and Dish are offering. They cannot force Comcast or Dish to pay what ESPN is requesting. The ACC is not involved in the carriage negotiations.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Below are the major carriers who aren't on board the ACCN bus and the status of their carriage contracts with Disney. Please correct me if I've got anything wrong:

DISH -- Their contract with Disney is already up. They must be very near agreement or Disney would have already pulled the plug.
Comcast -- Their contract with Disney runs until 11/2022. The say they're talking with Disney. We have no idea how serious the talks are.
ATT Uverse -- Signed a "long term deal" with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been rumors of "binding arbitration" but these are just rumors. If it were already known for sure that Uverse was going to carry ACCN, wouldn't it be in the best interests of both ATT and Disney for Uverse to start carrying ACCN now while arbitration sorted out the exact price tag? Still, since it was already known in 3/18 that the ACCN was coming, I can imagine a provision in the carriage contract providing for arbitration on the ACCN bill.
Cox -- Also signed a "long term" deal with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been no rumors about "binding arbitration" with Cox but if there's such a provision in the ATT Uverse contract, there might be one in the Cox contract which was signed at the same time.
Frontier -- I can't find anything about their carriage agreement with Disney. They have flatly announced they're not carrying ACCN. Of course, they could always change their minds.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I like how they have Pollack implying that the ACC sucks on the broadcast of the 1st ever ACC Network football game along with Richt taking shots at Paul Johnson.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Was planning to make the move to YTTV tomorrow and can xfinty after a flawless transition all week during the 7 day trial. But our feed fell out mid 3rd qtr. We were able to watch on the iPad under the same account but not the tv. Anybody else have the same problem? YTTV came back on mid 4th qtr

LibertyTurns

Banned
Was planning to make the move to YTTV tomorrow and can xfinty after a flawless transition all week during the 7 day trial. But our feed fell out mid 3rd qtr. We were able to watch on the iPad under the same account but not the tv. Anybody else have the same problem? YTTV came back on mid 4th qtr
YTTV was solid as a rock. I’m in a somewhat remote area, running wifi at a fair distance and had no issues.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
My only gripe with acc network was the horrible commercial selection, I think I saw the same 3 commercials the entire game . Most were ones that's seemed straight out of the 90s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just checked and

SLING (Orange) HAS ACC Network!! :D:D:D

Going to have plenty of baseball next spring and maybe our fall games(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sling is only $25 a month with the Orange package. It works best for us since we also have Amazon Prime and use our son's Netflix and a digital antenna. Really Sling is to get all the sports. If we didn't have Prime and Netflix something else could be better.

After seeing the commercials on the game last night, I hope they improve as they were depressing.

Now I'm excited since it will be much easier to get all ACC sports, many of the ACC games were blacked out in our area last year and I had to search the country for a VPN that wasn't in the blackout area. PIA.

And for $5/month more, get DVR so I can record all the GT baseball games and watch the 15 minutes of action crammed into 3 + hours.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have Spectrum. They confirmed .. yes, you have the ACCN ... but due to technical difficulties we can’t show it. But it is part of your plan and you are paying for it.