ACC Network Updates

slugboy

Staff member
If I'm understanding the offer, that's just for plain Hulu and not Hulu Live

You’re right. Just “Real Wives of XYZ” and no sports. Hulu Live is about $50/month. It’s only really worth it if you’re using it to cut the cord.

I don’t know what the plan for ATT Uverse is. I would hope that they’re still planning on lots of fiber-based internet even if they’re using DirectTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
You’re right. Just “Real Wives of XYZ” and no sports. Hulu Live is about $50/month. It’s only really worth it if you’re using it to cut the cord.

I don’t know what the plan for ATT Uverse is. I would hope that they’re still planning on lots of fiber-based internet even if they’re using DirectTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I cut the cord from Uverse TV about two years ago. Now I get just Uverse ISP; 50 megs for $40.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Comcast/ATT tell Floridians the ACCN isn't worth $1/month

Link
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article234548272.html

Quote #1:
An executive with one of those two cable companies, who asked not to be quoted because he did not want to inflame the situation, said ESPN is asking for “a significant amount of money” from cable operators to carry the new channel - more than what some cable operators believe is justified.Hello - if the ACC is going to keep up with the SEC, it has to charge close to the same amount as the SECN charges! TBH, the word on the street is that the ACCN is only asking about $1.00 per sub, as opposed to $1.25 for the SECN - yet I don't hear them complaining about that $1.25.

Quote #2:
That executive said his company asked ESPN to place ACC Network on a sports tier — requiring extra payment from only viewers that want the channel — but ESPN refused."only viewers that want the channel?" What if we don't want the SEC Network - you gonna take that off our cable bills? Viewers want the ACCN, dadgum it!

Quote #3:
That executive also pointed out that most of the games on ACC Network were either available on free television last season or through ESPN plus, a video streaming subscription service.SO WHAT? SEC games used to be on Raycom, too... they aren't any more, and neither are ACC games. Get over it, Comcast and AT&T!

This really makes me angry! I hope ACC fans in Florida call their tv providers and let them know this is ridiculous! (BTW - I know for an absolute fact that some SEC fans have been calling to say they do NOT want their cable company to carry the ACCN. You guys need to respond!)

I know a lot of ACC fans - particularly Florida State fans - don't like the way ESPN has treated their teams in the past. I think a lot of that is well-founded, too. However, this is one case where ESPN is totally on the side of the ACC and the cable company is spewing nonsense. Seminole and Hurricane fans need to direct their ire at the right people!

Link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/comcastatt-tell-floridians-accn-isnt.html

Animal02

Banned
Comcast/ATT tell Floridians the ACCN isn't worth $1/month

Link
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article234548272.html

Quote #1:
An executive with one of those two cable companies, who asked not to be quoted because he did not want to inflame the situation, said ESPN is asking for “a significant amount of money” from cable operators to carry the new channel - more than what some cable operators believe is justified.Hello - if the ACC is going to keep up with the SEC, it has to charge close to the same amount as the SECN charges! TBH, the word on the street is that the ACCN is only asking about $1.00 per sub, as opposed to $1.25 for the SECN - yet I don't hear them complaining about that $1.25.

Quote #2:
That executive said his company asked ESPN to place ACC Network on a sports tier — requiring extra payment from only viewers that want the channel — but ESPN refused."only viewers that want the channel?" What if we don't want the SEC Network - you gonna take that off our cable bills? Viewers want the ACCN, dadgum it!

Quote #3:
That executive also pointed out that most of the games on ACC Network were either available on free television last season or through ESPN plus, a video streaming subscription service.SO WHAT? SEC games used to be on Raycom, too... they aren't any more, and neither are ACC games. Get over it, Comcast and AT&T!

This really makes me angry! I hope ACC fans in Florida call their tv providers and let them know this is ridiculous! (BTW - I know for an absolute fact that some SEC fans have been calling to say they do NOT want their cable company to carry the ACCN. You guys need to respond!)

I know a lot of ACC fans - particularly Florida State fans - don't like the way ESPN has treated their teams in the past. I think a lot of that is well-founded, too. However, this is one case where ESPN is totally on the side of the ACC and the cable company is spewing nonsense. Seminole and Hurricane fans need to direct their ire at the right people!

Link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/comcastatt-tell-floridians-accn-isnt.html
I think your post just goes to prove that the ACC has blown it with the ACCN. It is too little too late. I suspect Comcast has gauged the interest and found that it is not worth it at this point. The SEC got in early and is grabbing the money. Cable companies are already bleeding customers. This attitude of "it is only a dollar more" is why cable bills are sky high in the first place. People are tired of it.

Got a couple questions for you guys who cut the cord on Xfinity cable tv but kept the Xfinity internet. I currently have Xfinity cable, Xfinity Extreme 300 internet, and Youtube tv which I signed on to just before the Clemson game.

How much are you paying all in each month for internet service only with modem rental?

Do you ever run over the 1 terabyte data limit that Xfinity allows each month for the base price?

Did you notice any drop off in internet speed when you cancelled your Xfinity tv? Really worried about sour grapes when I tell them what they can do with their cable tv.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you have any other options for internet? I am lucky, in Peachtree City, GA we have several options with fiber. I use NuLink now and its good no problems with speed. Xfinity tried to raise the price of internet when I canceled cable.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I think your post just goes to prove that the ACC has blown it with the ACCN. It is too little too late. I suspect Comcast has gauged the interest and found that it is not worth it at this point. The SEC got in early and is grabbing the money. Cable companies are already bleeding customers. This attitude of "it is only a dollar more" is why cable bills are sky high in the first place. People are tired of it.
This is also why so many people are cutting the cord. I couldn’t care less what any cable company carries and I can see anything I want for less. And the ACC is getting their cut

Animal02

Banned
This is also why so many people are cutting the cord. I couldn’t care less what any cable company carries and I can see anything I want for less. And the ACC is getting their cut
The cable companies are caught between a rock and a hard place.....they have companies like ESPN cramming down channels, meanwhile, customers would rather have ala carte,. and the cable companies just want to keep all the home shopping channels. ;)

Do you have any other options for internet? I am lucky, in Peachtree City, GA we have several options with fiber. I use NuLink now and its good no problems with speed. Xfinity tried to raise the price of internet when I canceled cable.

Guess I could go directv or uverse for internet only but not sure how reliable those are for streaming HD on 3 tvs via wifi without going out or buffering. Anyone use these for live streaming services?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Guess I could go directv or uverse for internet only but not sure how reliable those are for streaming HD on 3 tvs via wifi without going out or buffering. Anyone use these for live streaming services?

If it’s AT&T fiber you should be good. I don’t think directTV offers internet

If it’s AT&T fiber you should be good. I don’t think directTV offers internet

Well, I'm pretty sure I don't have at&t fiber here. Any other suggestions that I haven't thought about regarding high speed internet service? It's not that I'm in a rural area. Just seems my only options are Comcast or satellite.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I'm pretty sure I don't have at&t fiber here. Any other suggestions that I haven't thought about regarding high speed internet service? It's not that I'm in a rural area. Just seems my only options are Comcast or satellite.
I switched to spectrums internet with YouTube tv. So far so good.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I disagree as the ACC Network launched with more subscribers than the BTN or SECN.... We launch with over 60M while the other two launched with 50M and 55M...

I think what is going on is that Comcast is slow rolling and hoping to get a better deal with Disney and are gambling that ACC fans will not switch services while they take there time... But you can do the math 60M times 1.00 x 12 months equals 720M divided by 2 as ESPN gets there share that leaves 360M divided by 14 equals around 25M per school.... The ACCN is a success even if Comcast never offers it