ACC Network Updates

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sling is only $25 a month with the Orange package. It works best for us since we also have Amazon Prime and use our son's Netflix and a digital antenna. Really Sling is to get all the sports. If we didn't have Prime and Netflix something else could be better.

After seeing the commercials on the game last night, I hope they improve as they were depressing.

Now I'm excited since it will be much easier to get all ACC sports, many of the ACC games were blacked out in our area last year and I had to search the country for a VPN that wasn't in the blackout area. PIA.

And for $5/month more, get DVR so I can record all the GT baseball games and watch the 15 minutes of action crammed into 3 + hours.

Nuke: When I check out Sling's webpage, it still doesn't list the ACCN on Orange? Was this just changed? It does show it as part of the sports package add on, but I don't see it listed in 30+ channels for the Orange package.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m really liking the Network so far. All ACC all the time is all I wanted.
Agreed. Very refreshing.

The ALL ACC show after the game ended last night was excellent. In depth knowledge of all the ACC teams and pretty good stories from Coach Richt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Carrier agreements dont take place until before broadcast is really near. Then espn can make guarantees. Three years was about how espn and acc would do this with raycom and logistics. Carriers do not sign up for carrying a station until near launch. Coulda been 10 years would not have mattered

You had this right, at least as far as Dish is concerned ...

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
For the new cord cutters, one item of caution in advance... Even when I had 50 mbps wifi in my house, I had a lot of buffering/skipping. This is really frustrating if you haven't experienced it before. My issue largely had to do with where I had my wifi router rather than the speed.

It wasn't until I moved the router, and ultimately connected direct via ethernet to Roku, that I moved past the issues. There are other ways around it besides moving the router e.g., amplifier, extenders, repeaters, etc. I now have faster internet speed anyway, but wanted to put it out there to those who haven't tested for more than a few minutes during live programming.
I didn't have that problem on You Tube TV.

GTFLETCH

Banned

stech81

Helluva Engineer

GTFLETCH

Banned
And AT&T u verse

Federal regulators have signed off on the proposed merger between DIRECTV & AT&T, a deal that creates the largest pay-TV service in the United States and the world.
  • Combining DIRECTV’s 20.3 million U.S. customers with AT&T’s 5.7 million U-verse video customers will result in a total of 26 million video subscribers.
  • The merger is expected to expand the AT&T broadband network to a coverage area of 70 million customer locations.
Link.
https://www.directvdeals.com/resources/news/att-directv-merger-approved/

GTFLETCH

Banned
AT&T (T) to Shut Down U-Verse and Shift Users to DIRECTV

AT&T Inc. is planning to completely phase out its long-standing U-verse brand. The brand consists of fiber-based triple-play video (TV), voice (telephony) and high-speed broadband (Internet) offerings. This move is in line with AT&T’s strategy to discontinue the service. Accordingly, AT&T plans to shift some U-verse customers to satellite TV service provider DIRECTV, while some will be transferred to its over the top (OTT) online streaming service, DirecTV Now. By venturing into the OTT space, AT&T joined the likes of DISH Network Corp’s DISH Internet TV service - Sling TV and Sony Corporation’s SNE Playstation Vue, respectively.

Link
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-t-shut-down-u-120812906.html

GTFLETCH

Banned
On Tuesday, AT&T launched a website for the AT&T TV streaming service. With the site launch, emails from AT&T to customers, press releases, and interviews, we’ve gathered a lot of information about all of AT&T’s streaming services.

These are the key points that we’ll dive into detail about below:

• DIRECTV NOW is rebranding as AT&T TV NOW
  • AT&T TV is a new, separate streaming service
  • Both will be accessible with an AT&T TV app
  • AT&T will be launching a streaming box, powered by Android TV for AT&T
What Are AT&T’s 5 TV Services?

• DIRECTV – AT&T’s satellite TV service
  • AT&T TV – this will be the streaming version of DIRECTV
  • AT&T TV NOW – the rebranded version of DIRECTV NOW
  • AT&T Watch TV – a $15/month streaming service with limited channels
  • U-Verse TV – AT&T’s legacy service through its old U-Verse internet service (Reports of phasing this service out and shuffling customers to DIRECTV or AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW)
Will AT&T Watch TV Still Be Available?
We don’t know yet. AT&T hasn’t said much about AT&T Watch TV in their last few public announcements and interviews. We’ll give an update as soon as we know more about any changes we might see with AT&T Watch TV.

What’s the Difference Between AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW?

AT&T TV NOW will be the new version of DIRECTV NOW. If you’re currently subscribed to DIRECTV NOW, your app should automatically update to ATT&T NOW when the new version launches. You’ll get 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage with this service.

Link
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/here-is-everything-we-know-about-att-tv-att-tv-now-att-watch-tv/

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
UPDATE: ACCN Subscribers
As you can see, over 60 million have access to the ACCN already. The only holdout of real significance (in the ACC footprint) is Comcast/Xfinity.

Distributor Renewal subs*
DirectTV - 18.7
Charter/Spectrum - 15.8
Dish Network - 9.6
Verizon/FiOS - 5.7
Altice/Optimum - 4.6
Sling TV - 2.4
Hulu TV - 2.0
YouTube TV - 1.0
PlayStation Vue - 0.8

Link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/08/update-accn-subscribers.html
Of the subscribers that have “access” how many actually have ACCN?

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I read an article that said the Citadel game is on ACCNX which is streamed on ESPNs app. It will also be carried on Fox Sports Southeast for cable and Hulu/YouTube users!

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow

slugboy

Staff member
If you have a BJ's Wholesale Club Membership (the $10 online only one works), both PlayStation and Hulu gift cards are on sale. I use Hulu to watch the ACCN, so 5 months works out to roughly 9 of these $25 cards, costs $184.41, saving $41 or almost a free month of Hulu. PlayStation is a marginally worse deal but still cheaper than paying face value.

https://www.bjs.com/product/50-playstation-store-gift-card/259807

https://www.bjs.com/product/25-hulu-gift-card/3000000000001350807

Edit: Never mind—this is for their movie and TV show library, not sports
There’s six months of hulu for $3/month: https://www.hulu.com/start/get-hulu

Ad supported plan only. Labor Day weekend sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: