ACC Network Updates

Milwaukee

Banned
I’m interested/concerned how the network will handle coverage of our game Saturday with Pittsburgh/Ohio kicking off at 10am cst. That game will most likely bleed past the 1pm window. Hope they have an option for us and don’t make us miss 1st qtr.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m interested/concerned how the network will handle coverage of our game Saturday with Pittsburgh/Ohio kicking off at 10am cst. That game will most likely bleed past the 1pm window. Hope they have an option for us and don’t make us miss 1st qtr.

I'm sure we'll get slighted somehow. Maybe they'll put it on ESPN news to start the game

They are playing at Pitt, where it will be 11AM, but that is still too damn early for a football game. I doubt very seriously that that game will be over by the time we kick off. No excuse for that.

They are playing at Pitt, where it will be 11AM, but that is still too damn early for a football game. I doubt very seriously that that game will be over by the time we kick off. No excuse for that.

Looks like they wanted to squeeze 4 games into ACCN on Saturday and starting at 11 am with 3 hr blocks was about the only way to do it.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
This is also why so many people are cutting the cord. I couldn’t care less what any cable company carries and I can see anything I want for less. And the ACC is getting their cut

i cut the cable almost 2 years ago. i was paying 210 a month. before that i was paying 107+ 20 for phone. they raised my rates almost 100 over the next 4 years while i added nothing.

when i cancelled all my cabletv the girl i complained to at spectrum said " youll be back". now that really p***** me off . it will be a cold day...

i bought as fire tv version 2. i tried kodi and even jailbreaked it. it was a pia. currently i am using a vpn and sportz tv along with cinema and popcorn from troypoint . i pay about 120 a month now and i have more tv than i know what to do with. fire tv alone has 7000 options.

my current bill with cable phone iptv and a vpn runs about 117 a month. i no longer use kodi.

now to figure out how to watch the jackets for cheap. i may be wrong but i think sling for less than 30 a month may be my option to watch the games until i find a better source. for now im going to use every free trial i can find until i decide on one.

i cut the cable almost 2 years ago. i was paying 210 a month. before that i was paying 107+ 20 for phone. they raised my rates almost 100 over the next 4 years while i added nothing.

when i cancelled all my cabletv the girl i complained to at spectrum said " youll be back". now that really p***** me off . it will be a cold day...

i bought as fire tv version 2. i tried kodi and even jailbreaked it. it was a pia. currently i am using a vpn and sportz tv along with cinema and popcorn from troypoint . i pay about 120 a month now and i have more tv than i know what to do with. fire tv alone has 7000 options.

my current bill with cable phone iptv and a vpn runs about 117 a month. i no longer use kodi.

now to figure out how to watch the jackets for cheap. i may be wrong but i think sling for less than 30 a month may be my option to watch the games until i find a better source. for now im going to use every free trial i can find until i decide on one.
FREE streaming of ACC Network at http://grandmastreams.live/espnaccnetwork.html

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I think the ACCN is a huge success already... The only major hold out right now is Comcast, and they have a 2 year window if I'm correct until they have to negotiate carriage rates again. (somebody can correct me on that one).

With national brands in our fold, like Notre Dame (football) or Duke Basketball. You can't tell me that the leverage won't continue to increase as time rolls along.

I predict there will be complete coverage of the ACCN that is on par with the SECN within that time frame.

I really want to see what the carriage rates are for the ACCN, I don't think they will be as high as the SECN, but even if they are half, (I read an article saying the SEC got around $1.25 per sub), so if we are getting .60 we are still talking about 5m plus per school if not more.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Comcast/ATT tell Floridians the ACCN isn't worth $1/month

Link
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article234548272.html

Quote #1:
An executive with one of those two cable companies, who asked not to be quoted because he did not want to inflame the situation, said ESPN is asking for “a significant amount of money” from cable operators to carry the new channel - more than what some cable operators believe is justified.Hello - if the ACC is going to keep up with the SEC, it has to charge close to the same amount as the SECN charges! TBH, the word on the street is that the ACCN is only asking about $1.00 per sub, as opposed to $1.25 for the SECN - yet I don't hear them complaining about that $1.25.

Quote #2:
That executive said his company asked ESPN to place ACC Network on a sports tier — requiring extra payment from only viewers that want the channel — but ESPN refused."only viewers that want the channel?" What if we don't want the SEC Network - you gonna take that off our cable bills? Viewers want the ACCN, dadgum it!

Quote #3:
That executive also pointed out that most of the games on ACC Network were either available on free television last season or through ESPN plus, a video streaming subscription service.SO WHAT? SEC games used to be on Raycom, too... they aren't any more, and neither are ACC games. Get over it, Comcast and AT&T!

This really makes me angry! I hope ACC fans in Florida call their tv providers and let them know this is ridiculous! (BTW - I know for an absolute fact that some SEC fans have been calling to say they do NOT want their cable company to carry the ACCN. You guys need to respond!)

I know a lot of ACC fans - particularly Florida State fans - don't like the way ESPN has treated their teams in the past. I think a lot of that is well-founded, too. However, this is one case where ESPN is totally on the side of the ACC and the cable company is spewing nonsense. Seminole and Hurricane fans need to direct their ire at the right people!

Link
https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/comcastatt-tell-floridians-accn-isnt.html

I think the ACCN is a huge success already... The only major hold out right now is Comcast, and they have a 2 year window if I'm correct until they have to negotiate carriage rates again. (somebody can correct me on that one).

With national brands in our fold, like Notre Dame (football) or Duke Basketball. You can't tell me that the leverage won't continue to increase as time rolls along.

I predict there will be complete coverage of the ACCN that is on par with the SECN within that time frame.

I really want to see what the carriage rates are for the ACCN, I don't think they will be as high as the SECN, but even if they are half, (I read an article saying the SEC got around $1.25 per sub), so if we are getting .60 we are still talking about 5m plus per school if not more.
Based on the article GTFLETCH quoted, it looks like ACCN is $1.00 per sub compared to $1.25 for the SECN.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I could be wrong... but I believe (if you subscribe to a provider of ACCN), you can stream any game thru watchESPN. So... maybe, in event that Pitt game does overrun 3hrs... perhaps you can stream the GT/USF game thru ESPN until it goes live on your TV.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The pushback you are getting isn't praise for Swafford. It is simply stating the fact that Swafford has no power to influence the negotiations outside of what they are already doing. All of the ACC athletic programs, ADs, and coaches have been on social media and in the media asking fans to call their providers and demand the ACC Network. What else can Swafford or the athletic programs do? They cannot force ESPN to take what Comcast and Dish are offering. They cannot force Comcast or Dish to pay what ESPN is requesting. The ACC is not involved in the carriage negotiations.

And just when did all the ADs, schools, and anyone else decide to start pressuring folks at Xfinity? Less than a month before the season?

Some leader, maybe without success, could have tried Some Damn Thing.

This is the same mentality that thinks, "we have 85 guys on ship with only 5 Srs, therefore we only need to recruit 5 guys."

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
And just when did all the ADs, schools, and anyone else decide to start pressuring folks at Xfinity? Less than a month before the season?

Some leader, maybe without success, could have tried Some Damn Thing.

This is the same mentality that thinks, "we have 85 guys on ship with only 5 Srs, therefore we only need to recruit 5 guys."

TStan first posted about it on Twitter in March. There was a big blitz by every ACC coach and AD at the ACC media days in early July. In other words more than a month before.

Also, you still seem to be lost on who owns the network and makes deals. Disney could have offered the channel for free and made money off of ads. There isn't a TV provider that would have turned that down. It is business negotiation between Disney and Comcast. Neither side is for our against GT or the ACC. They are both interested in making the most money possible, or paying the least amount posible. It is simply business negotiation, not anything emotional.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC has been pushing the new Network for awhile. It's a tougher sell now (cord cutting is rampant) vs 3 or 4 years ago (SEC, Big10). But at least we aren't in the B12 or Pac12.

The provider holdouts may hang on thru Football season, but basketball season is another story. Folks will demand live ACC hoops, especially Tobacco Rd and points North.

Sounds like we need more FSU and Miami fans to get engaged with their providers in FL, if they don't have the ACCN yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TStan first posted about it on Twitter in March. There was a big blitz by every ACC coach and AD at the ACC media days in early July. In other words more than a month before.

Also, you still seem to be lost on who owns the network and makes deals. Disney could have offered the channel for free and made money off of ads. There isn't a TV provider that would have turned that down. It is business negotiation between Disney and Comcast. Neither side is for our against GT or the ACC. They are both interested in making the most money possible, or paying the least amount posible. It is simply business negotiation, not anything emotional.

Just curious. What is your position with Comcast?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I went back to Sling since they picked up ACC Network. For some reason Sling doesn't support ACCN on ESPN app