ACC Network Updates

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a couple questions for you guys who cut the cord on Xfinity cable tv but kept the Xfinity internet. I currently have Xfinity cable, Xfinity Extreme 300 internet, and Youtube tv which I signed on to just before the Clemson game.

How much are you paying all in each month for internet service only with modem rental?

Do you ever run over the 1 terabyte data limit that Xfinity allows each month for the base price?

Did you notice any drop off in internet speed when you cancelled your Xfinity tv? Really worried about sour grapes when I tell them what they can do with their cable tv.

I pay 95 all in for 300 MBS Xfinity internet and YouTube TV. I bought me own modem which payed for itself in 5 or 6 months.

As far as the data goes I always make sure me and the wife hit the home button on the Roku before turning off YouTube TV. If you don't it will eat up bandwidth all day and all night. When I didn't hit the home button I was hitting that terabyte limit 10 days into the month. Now I don't even use half of it during the month.

No drop-off in speed what so ever.

Milwaukee

Banned
I pay 95 all in for 300 MBS Xfinity internet and YouTube TV. I bought me own modem which payed for itself in 5 or 6 months.

As far as the data goes I always make sure me and the wife hit the home button on the Roku before turning off YouTube TV. If you don't it will eat up bandwidth all day and all night. When I didn't hit the home button I was hitting that terabyte limit 10 days into the month. Now I don't even use half of it during the month.

No drop-off in speed what so ever.

You cord cutters are getting screwed. You have to have internet, you can’t get around it. So just bundle correctly and it’s a better deal. I see lots of “cord cutters” thumping their chest but you’re getting completely screwed on channel options. I have Spectrum and have a kickass package (that’s what she said) and I pay barely over a hundred bucks. Sports pack (ESPN, espn2, nbc sports, EspnU, Fs1, fs2, all of the pac12 channels, all of the big10 channels, secN, ACCN, NFLN, MLbN, NHL, nba, additional soccer pass BeinSports, FoxSoccerPlus, etc, premium movie channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. All with amazing internet.
Cord cutters should just choose a better package or deal, that’s all.

ACCN is amazing, it’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Last edited:

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
You cord cutters are getting screwed. You have to have internet, you can’t get around it. So just bundle correctly and it’s a better deal. I see lots of “cord cutters” thumping their chest but you’re getting completely screwed on channel options. I have Spectrum and have a kickass package (that’s what she said) and I pay just over a hundred bucks. Sports pack, premium movie channels, etc.

I got all that too homie

I don't know what may come of this, but there is a Spectrum office in Augusta, although no info is provided on what areas they serve or what they offer. I am on the phone with a rep now trying to find something out. He seems pretty knowledgeable, but he still hasn't told me if they offer service in my particular neighborhood in Augusta.

I don't know what may come of this, but there is a Spectrum office in Augusta, although no info is provided on what areas they serve or what they offer. I am on the phone with a rep now trying to find something out. He seems pretty knowledgeable, but he still hasn't told me if they offer service in my particular neighborhood in Augusta.

Regarding cable providers, they each have their own specific areas which really chafes my arse. You can get satellite, but as far as I know, all cable companies have a monopoly on cable service for their own areas.

Regarding cable providers, they each have their own specific areas which really chafes my arse. You can get satellite, but as far as I know, all cable companies have a monopoly on cable service for their own areas.
Well, like I said, Spectrum does have an office here in Augusta, so the might offer coverage to some parts of the city. But, as a result of my phone call, they do not offer it in the part of the city in which I live. DAMN !!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Guess I could go directv or uverse for internet only but not sure how reliable those are for streaming HD on 3 tvs via wifi without going out or buffering. Anyone use these for live streaming services?

I routinely stream two games simultaneously on YouTubeTV using DSL without buffering. Fiber is much better than DSL, right? Honest question as I’ve never had fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cord cutters are getting screwed. You have to have internet, you can’t get around it. So just bundle correctly and it’s a better deal. I see lots of “cord cutters” thumping their chest but you’re getting completely screwed on channel options. I have Spectrum and have a kickass package (that’s what she said) and I pay barely over a hundred bucks. Sports pack (ESPN, espn2, nbc sports, EspnU, Fs1, fs2, all of the pac12 channels, all of the big10 channels, secN, ACCN, NFLN, MLbN, NHL, nba, additional soccer pass BeinSports, FoxSoccerPlus, etc, premium movie channels (HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. All with amazing internet.

Ever had Comiecast? Evidently Spectrum is a much better deal by your post. Right now I'm paying Comcast $270/mo and Youtube tv $50/mo, and the only movie channel I have with Crapcast is Starz.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Ever had Comiecast? Evidently Spectrum is a much better deal by your post. Right now I'm paying Comcast $270/mo and Youtube tv $50/mo, and the only movie channel I have with Crapcast is Starz.

Yeah, Comcast does NOT offer packages like the one mentioned with Spectrum. I go back and forth with them on a regular basis, even going to the "retentions dept", the only people who can actually make a deal that's worthwhile. And even they won't do the things they used to do.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I dropped Comcast and I’ve been happier with Windstream, believe it or not.

Windstream where I'm at has very, very, pitifully slow DSL. Comcast is the only alternative for internet, and has way faster speeds. But I hate the company with a passion, and have to deal with them (NBC/Comcast/GolfNow) at work too, as I'm in golf and they own GolfNow...they suck top to bottom.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Windstream where I'm at has very, very, pitifully slow DSL. Comcast is the only alternative for internet, and has way faster speeds. But I hate the company with a passion, and have to deal with them (NBC/Comcast/GolfNow) at work too, as I'm in golf and they own GolfNow...they suck top to bottom.

I should clarify that Comcast internet was good but I wanted to hurt myself every time I had to talk with someone that worked at Comcast. Maybe it was bad luck but I felt those people were the most obtuse people I’ve ever spoken with.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I should clarify that Comcast internet was good but I wanted to hurt myself every time I had to talk with someone that worked at Comcast. Maybe it was bad luck but I felt those people were the most obtuse people I’ve ever spoken with.

Oh no, they are. Impossibly obtuse.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Disney Media Distribution and Cox Communications have reached an agreement to carry ESPN’s newly launched ACC Network. The deal will allow fans and followers of the Atlantic Coast Conference to access the multiplatform network in all Cox markets once launched.

“We know our customers are passionate about sports, and we’re excited to be able to connect them to exclusive ACC content and games through this agreement,” said Andy Albert, Cox Communications senior vice president, content acquisition.

Link
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-...x-reach-agreement-to-carry-espns-acc-network/