ACC Network Updates

I don’t think so. I think it is more likely an uncoordinated effort from a few ADs who are trying to help exert leverage on the holdouts.

I still have trouble believing Comcast won’t pick it up.

I’m waiting to the day before Clemson before I do anything. If they still don’t have it I will pick up a free week from a streamer and see about cord cutting on week 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty much what I am going to do, except that I am going to wait a couple of weeks, since I will be going to Clemson and the first two home games, thus not yet needing the network. Hopefully by then, others will have come on board so I don't have to switch.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok pop quiz

The reason there is a problem with the ACCN ?

1)
upload_2019-8-20_11-22-21.jpeg

2)
th

3) both 1 and 2

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
If Uverse doesnt have ACCN by the 22nd I'm just going to do a couple of YouTube TV trials while I have my service removed and switch to Spectrum for internet. Cable is a dying breed, I'm not sure why Uverse wont say anything about the channel status when we are 2 days from launch. Their loss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
How many of those past rollouts included a mass media campaign by the conference to encourage fans drop their carriers a week b4 the launch?

I’m not blaming the ACC....They are doing what they have to at this point. My complaint is with ESPN primarily. This has been in the works for two years, ESPN has plenty of leverage they could have used but it just doesn’t seem like they even tried to use any.
Don't know the answer to your question. I'm not sure it means the ACC is desperate. It could, I just don't know, but I have no issue with the strategy whether we are desperate or if we're in a position of strength. At the end of the day, the end goal is to maximize revenue through leverage. A twitter campaign is so easy relative to the amount of work it takes to nickle and dime alumni. If the path of least resistance also is the avenue toward greater income, I'm for it. We're not sacrificing image or morals, imo.

I posted an article previously that stated the ACC at launch was already ahead of the PAC12, now in year 3, in number of subscribers. While that's not necessarily an apples to apples comparison in terms of how successful ESPN has been relative to expectations, the statement at least suggests we've closed the gap with or jumped ahead of another P5.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Friend of mine that owns a bar called direct tv to see if it’s included in his sports package. The person he spoke with said he won’t be able to get it. We are in Michigan. Is this going to be a regional only thing or does that not apply and the person was clueless like most are with the info on the network? I’d assume it’s like B10 and Sec networks.
My guess is and I told my guy to call Friday after the network launches.

If Uverse doesnt have ACCN by the 22nd I'm just going to do a couple of YouTube TV trials while I have my service removed and switch to Spectrum for internet. Cable is a dying breed, I'm not sure why Uverse wont say anything about the channel status when we are 2 days from launch. Their loss.

Same with WOW. All I get from them is "no further information at this time." Hell, they haven't given ANY information to begin with. How could there be "further information"?

Friend of mine that owns a bar called direct tv to see if it’s included in his sports package. The person he spoke with said he won’t be able to get it. We are in Michigan. Is this going to be a regional only thing or does that not apply and the person was clueless like most are with the info on the network? I’d assume it’s like B10 and Sec networks.
Doesn't seem like it should be regional.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan

Anyone with cable that doesn't have it should do this 100%* and should probably switch for good (assuming you like it, which I think you will, and bc screw the way cable companies operate).

With streaming cable, you don't have to memorize channel numbers (channels in alphabetical order for PS Vue), you don't have to worry about getting caught in a contract (it's month to month so cancel anytime), and if you switch internet providers to take advantage of new customer discounts, you don't have to get a new DVR and lose your recordings or have to set up all your shows again. And in Atlanta you get the locals (Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS - w Youtube TV you get the CW as well if that matters to you).

Just for instance, I pay $55 for Playstation Vue and $50 for 300Mbps internet (ATT) per month and get all the channels I need. I can set up a TV (smart TV or one w a Fire Stick/Roku etc) anywhere with wifi and power and watch - don't have to worry about running a coax or setting up a box etc. Price has gone up a bit over the last couple of years but still WAY cheaper than a contract w Comcast / ATT etc. You may get a price similar or even slightly cheaper for a year but then you end up paying what 50-100% more than that after the first year passes?

*although I would recommend the Playstation Vue Core Package ($55) over YoutubeTV ($50), as I think the channel lineup is better (NFL Network, HGTV, Food Network to name a few) and worth the $5/month, plus you can stream on up to 5 devices at once (at home) whereas YoutubeTV is only 3. And to be clear - you do NOT have to have a Playstation to use PS Vue!! Works on all devices (Roku, Fire TV/Stick, Computer, Phone, NVIDIA Shield, etc). Hulu with Live TV is also an option though I have never used it, but I don't think the channel lineup is as good as either YT or PS Vue. Sling is the other one but I have heard/read it is the worst service of them all (despite being the most popular - first mover advantage / big advertising budget).

Anyway, all have free trials so I'd recommend you check them out and see if you like them. At the very least in order to get the game next week, but like I said I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to keep it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

When I was in Chicago, I couldn't find a bar that had the SEC Network, so I suspect that there's a regional aspect to these contracts.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone with cable that doesn't have it should do this 100%* and should probably switch for good (assuming you like it, which I think you will, and bc screw the way cable companies operate).

With streaming cable, you don't have to memorize channel numbers (channels in alphabetical order for PS Vue), you don't have to worry about getting caught in a contract (it's month to month so cancel anytime), and if you switch internet providers to take advantage of new customer discounts, you don't have to get a new DVR and lose your recordings or have to set up all your shows again. And in Atlanta you get the locals (Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS - w Youtube TV you get the CW as well if that matters to you).

Just for instance, I pay $55 for Playstation Vue and $50 for 300Mbps internet (ATT) per month and get all the channels I need. I can set up a TV (smart TV or one w a Fire Stick/Roku etc) anywhere with wifi and power and watch - don't have to worry about running a coax or setting up a box etc. Price has gone up a bit over the last couple of years but still WAY cheaper than a contract w Comcast / ATT etc. You may get a price similar or even slightly cheaper for a year but then you end up paying what 50-100% more than that after the first year passes?

*although I would recommend the Playstation Vue Core Package ($55) over YoutubeTV ($50), as I think the channel lineup is better (NFL Network, HGTV, Food Network to name a few) and worth the $5/month, plus you can stream on up to 5 devices at once (at home) whereas YoutubeTV is only 3. And to be clear - you do NOT have to have a Playstation to use PS Vue!! Works on all devices (Roku, Fire TV/Stick, Computer, Phone, NVIDIA Shield, etc). Hulu with Live TV is also an option though I have never used it, but I don't think the channel lineup is as good as either YT or PS Vue. Sling is the other one but I have heard/read it is the worst service of them all (despite being the most popular - first mover advantage / big advertising budget).

Anyway, all have free trials so I'd recommend you check them out and see if you like them. At the very least in order to get the game next week, but like I said I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to keep it.

YouTube TV has all those channels except for NFL Network.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I believe I am out of luck, but: I finally gave up on cable television -- too much money, too little programming, and the only ESPN I watched was ACC football -- and I am trying to figure out if I can finagle a way to get the ACC network. Steaming from my daughter's Spectrum account won't do as it appears to be a premium channel. So I am looking at YouTube TV. While several ESPN channels are listed, the ACC/ESPN channel is not. ESPN 2 and ESPNU are there, but that seems pretty hopeless.

Anybody had the same issue, and is there an answer short of cable? (YouTube at 50 bucks and month and cancel on demand would seem perfect, but ...) Thanks.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I believe I am out of luck, but: I finally gave up on cable television -- too much money, too little programming, and the only ESPN I watched was ACC football -- and I am trying to figure out if I can finagle a way to get the ACC network. Steaming from my daughter's Spectrum account won't do as it appears to be a premium channel. So I am looking at YouTube TV. While several ESPN channels are listed, the ACC/ESPN channel is not. ESPN 2 and ESPNU are there, but that seems pretty hopeless.

Anybody had the same issue, and is there an answer short of cable? (YouTube at 50 bucks and month and cancel on demand would seem perfect, but ...) Thanks.
ACCN on youtube TV/Hulu/Playstation Vue will be able to view won 22 August 2019...No until then