ACC Media Days

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys need to get a life. I’m pretty sure neither of you will accurately predict the future. It’s a game, nothing more. Enjoy the wins when we get them. I thought the CGC interview on the ACC podcast was his best ever. He’s improving so maybe there’s a chance. Jesus Christ. We aren’t Alabama and never will be. To quote Roy Kent, F’in A. I’m in the court of joining the Ivy League but until then “F*ck your feelings, f*ck your overthinking, f*ck all that bullsh*t, go back out there and have some f*cking fun”.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The 8 win threshold was set by people of influence within the program, which probably comes with a +/-

5 seems like a major stretch after 3 win seasons for 3 seasons in a row. 6 is still extremely doubtful. 7 may work if the competitiveness is there. 8 is probably enough.

Can't understand why that's so hard to fathom...

Also can't understand how any of you guys are ok with 5 or 6 wins after 3 straight seasons of 3 wins.

Raise your standards....

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
The 8 win threshold was set by people of influence within the program, which probably comes with a +/-

5 seems like a major stretch after 3 win seasons for 3 seasons in a row. 6 is still extremely doubtful. 7 may work if the competitiveness is there. 8 is probably enough.

Also can't understand how any of you guys are ok with 5 or 6 wins after 3 straight seasons of 3 wins.

Raise your standards....
It wasn't people. It was one person.

JacketFan137

Banned

Raise your standards....
you are the only person who says this anywhere lol unless you secretly have the money for the buyout, him getting fired at 6 wins isn’t happening. every time you push this narrative you also try to paint it out like we are satisfied with 5 or 6 wins. literally no one is saying that. it is something you’ve entirely made up. people just don’t expect him to get fired for winning 6 and he definitely won’t be

JacketFan137

Banned
Until he pulls your favorite QB again, then your snowflake side will be out in full force.
well now there’s actual p5 players on the roster behind the qb. it won’t be as stupid of a decision to bench sims. the drop off isn’t as bad as it was last year and our offense shouldn’t be a chore to watch like it was when yates was in

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
you are the only person who says this anywhere lol unless you secretly have the money for the buyout, him getting fired at 6 wins isn’t happening. every time you push this narrative you also try to paint it out like we are satisfied with 5 or 6 wins. literally no one is saying that. it is something you’ve entirely made up. people just don’t expect him to get fired for winning 6 and he definitely won’t be
Big money donors, aka not you, have said fairly similar things to what Pointer is saying. The money was already made available to fire Collins last season, there is no reason to retain a coach who's best season in 4 years is 6 wins, particularly when the other three seasons were all 3 wins.
well now there’s actual p5 players on the roster behind the qb. it won’t be as stupid of a decision to bench sims. the drop off isn’t as bad as it was last year and our offense shouldn’t be a chore to watch like it was when yates was in
Again with trashing our former players? Yates was a 4 star qb out of high school amd played/started in numerous ACC games. That makes him a P5 player. The offense was a chore to watch no matter who was at qb.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Big money donors, aka not you, have said fairly similar things to what Pointer is saying. The money was already made available to fire Collins last season, there is no reason to retain a coach who's best season in 4 years is 6 wins, particularly when the other three seasons were all 3 wins.

Again with trashing our former players? Yates was a 4 star qb out of high school amd played/started in numerous ACC games. That makes him a P5 player. The offense was a chore to watch no matter who was at qb.
If Collins wins 6 games and goes to a bowl, I doubt he is getting fired nor would I probably recommend that. It would depend on the nature of the games. For example, did we luck into some wins and were we uncompetitive in our losses. If that happens I think that’s where the 3 wins per season from the previous three years would sink him. If we win 6 games and look good doing it, I will be encouraged for the following year. I wouldn't be suggesting we should fire our coach.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yes.... we are back to normal boys... GT fans are attacking each other. This is how it should be. The only other item to enter into this conversation to make it truly Tech is what is the correct shade of gold...

I will let you all discuss...
Gold vs gold vs gold was covered extensively last week. Looks like we’re in mid season form already! (y)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Well if anyone really thinks Collins will get fired if he wins 6+ games I would be more than willing to wager you. Just let me know
He will probably be here until his contract runs out, regardless of how many games he wins. Hopefully he will start winning and we can end this discussion.

JacketFan137

Banned
He will probably be here until his contract runs out, regardless of how many games he wins. Hopefully he will start winning and we can end this discussion.
i’m not super sure of that. the buyout will be less and less every year. i think if he hypothetically wins 6 this year 23 he will need an improvement on that. until we see what we have with long and until he fixes the defense i don’t know that he can get 7/8 wins.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

1) Similar doesn’t equate must win 8 to retain job.

2) Money was there fire CGC. The money wasn’t there to hire a new staff at market rate. If GT had $25-$30mil to do it then it would’ve happened. Again, you and others still talk like there wasn’t a massive rebuild that occurred

3) So we can troll every other thread with 100-0 yet we cant mention the QB at the helm of those 2 games? Mighty bias of you. I’m not sure why we are so sensitive with calling a spade a spade. Yes he’s a P5 bc he played for his P5. It became rather obvious that he wasn’t a P5 talent. It is what it is

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
1) Similar doesn’t equate must win 8 to retain job.

2) Money was there fire CGC. The money wasn’t there to hire a new staff at market rate. If GT had $25-$30mil to do it then it would’ve happened. Again, you and others still talk like there wasn’t a massive rebuild that occurred

3) So we can troll every other thread with 100-0 yet we cant mention the QB at the helm of those 2 games? Mighty bias of you. I’m not sure why we are so sensitive with calling a spade a spade. Yes he’s a P5 bc he played for his P5. It became rather obvious that he wasn’t a P5 talent. It is what it is
1) Straight from the ajc article at the end of last season: “Platitudes and catchphrases are no longer enough,” Garrett said. “It’s time to start winning. I’m of the belief that we need to be at eight or more wins next year.”

2) And you know that how? I don't think anyone on this board knows how much money was made available.

3) Was Yates the only guy on the field for those two games? I don't think so. The whole team put on a poor performance, acting like that is solely on him is absurd. Nobody is saying Yates was the top of P5 talent, jacketfan137 is claiming he wasn't a P5 player which is fundamentally untrue.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The team played like they knew they couldn't win and just went through the motions. Those last two games last year were an all time low for GT football as far as I'm concerned. Whatever the reasons, there was no fire in the team at the end of last season. This is a new start. Let's see what the new staff can do to build some fight and desire in this group.
1) Straight from the ajc article at the end of last season: “Platitudes and catchphrases are no longer enough,” Garrett said. “It’s time to start winning. I’m of the belief that we need to be at eight or more wins next year.”

2) And you know that how? I don't think anyone on this board knows how much money was made available.

3) Was Yates the only guy on the field for those two games? I don't think so. The whole team put on a poor performance, acting like that is solely on him is absurd. Nobody is saying Yates was the top of P5 talent, jacketfan137 is claiming he wasn't a P5 player which is fundamentally untrue.