ACC Media Days

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I have watched several of the interviews with our players at the ACC kickoff. These are great young men. We should be proud of the kids in our program.
100%. What ever you think of our HC (and I don’t think much) our SAs we’re fantastic this week and we should be very proud to have them representing our school.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Had the same thought. Maybe they just didn’t want to put additional pressure on him/unnecessary distractions.
Or maybe the powers that be didn’t want to have him fielding questions about his consistency and durability. Maybe the reporters kept the receipts from when he said he was capable of toying with opposing DBs pre season last year.

slugboy

Staff member
With Sims, he went last year. Schools often rotate who they bring—it’s someone new for the writers to get to know, and it’s a new experience for this years players.

When I got into the “real world” , there were a lot of meetings I was excluded from. I wanted to fight tooth and nail to get into them. Once you get invited, you fight tooth and nail to get out.

Sims has been there and done that. He doesn’t have to go again.

Plus, odds are that he’ll talk to reporters plenty this season

[edit] I’ll add, if he was a Heisman favorite, we’d have sent him.

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
Or maybe the powers that be didn’t want to have him fielding questions about his consistency and durability. Maybe the reporters kept the receipts from when he said he was capable of toying with opposing DBs pre season last year.
he doesn’t need to go to the media to get harassed he can just turn to our negative nancy fanbase full of guys like you for that

kalld12

Banned
You're not exactly making it better you know.... That has not been our strength for three years.
Well our HC has one more year to pull it together or well be looking or a new HC and then you can be more optimistic. For me, I believe we reach 5+ wins this year.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
CGC has a slim chance with the new OC and QB coach. If that plays out like it needs to, as in key/long hold down the offensive side freeing him up to become heavily involved defensively, then there's a chance for a decent season.

Either way he needs 8 wins or a very convincing 7, else he gone.

JacketFan137

Banned
CGC has a slim chance with the new OC and QB coach. If that plays out like it needs to, as in key/long hold down the offensive side freeing him up to become heavily involved defensively, then there's a chance for a decent season.

Either way he needs 8 wins or a very convincing 7, else he gone.
i am not sure why you keep consistently saying this across multiple threads. there’s almost no way he gets fired for winning 6 games and getting to a bowl

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Thats true. There is also almost no way he wins 6 and gets to a bowl.
I mean when the ACC network podcast is struggling to find a way to get to 5 wins, 6 and a bowl really would be an out of nowhere turnaround. Can it happen ? Sure. Is it likely at all ? Well, that’s why Vegas typically wins…. 3.5 wins is the most likely range of outcomes - by a lot.