ACC Media Days

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
KQ posted this for anyone interested:

Thanks for the info. I missed CGC but based on the write up I did not miss much. I have heard his BS enough to know what is coming. I am encouraged by the player comments. Maybe there will be a little more accountability involved. I think they will respond. Go Jackets!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Take aways
1.ACC has lots of great qbs again.
2. Gt has another outragously tough out of conference schedule
verses
3. 4 of gt coastal opponents have new coach
verses
4. pitt has the entire ol and dl coming back to win it all.
verses.
5. MIAMI qb is a stud and new coach has no nonsense be physical.
verses
6. Cgc was generally general about the system and the constant improvement of the system blah blah and he is working in defense area.
verses
7. the gt players said it was up to them, they have each others back and believe in Sims.
Verses
8. The acc players are great class character .
9. Acc commish is committed to getting more football on acc.

PLUS
Gt ol is very young ( pit has 3 more years of experience. ' all teams except VT and UVA) have 1.5 years more experience).

EQUALS
Gt being way better but still having a 5 win ceiling .

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Take aways
1.ACC has lots of great qbs again.
2. Gt has another outragously tough out of conference schedule
verses
3. 4 of gt coastal opponents have new coach
verses
4. pitt has the entire ol and dl coming back to win it all.
verses.
5. MIAMI qb is a stud and new coach has no nonsense be physical.
verses
6. Cgc was generally general about the system and the constant improvement of the system blah blah and he is working in defense area.
verses
7. the gt players said it was up to them, they have each others back and believe in Sims.
Verses
8. The acc players are great class character .
9. Acc commish is committed to getting more football on acc.

PLUS
Gt ol is very young ( pit has 3 more years of experience. ' all teams except VT and UVA) have 1.5 years more experience).

EQUALS
Gt being way better but still having a 5 win ceiling .
I agree, what I took away is that CGC knows that this team is incredible talented and needs to improve and the players seemed confident and excited

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, typical pre-season happy talk. We might see the transfers come through; if so we could win 5 - 6. If not …

If I had to bet I agree that this outfit has a 5 win ceiling. A lot will depend on not having a long losing streak and the subsequent loss of confidence. Problem = the schedule is set up to create one. Why do we keep doing that?

I do think Dontae will have a good year, especially if we let Sims run the option more. Let's all hope that happens.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Well, typical pre-season happy talk. We might see the transfers come through; if so we could win 5 - 6. If not …

If I had to bet I agree that this outfit has a 5 win ceiling. A lot will depend on not having a long losing streak and the subsequent loss of confidence. Problem = the schedule is set up to create one. Why do we keep doing that?

I do think Dontae will have a good year, especially if we let Sims run the option more. Let's all hope that happens.
I am dying to see Sims run a true spread option. I have been waiting and waiting. This guy has been a physical runner from the get-go who can do basic pass reads but Pnut wanted him to be a more complex passer imo. I miss the days of seeing us run switch routes for an easy 25 yards...

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
KQ posted this for anyone interested:

Thanks for sharing that!

The Collins stuff was pretty grating. I know it’s good to play it close to the vest, but it’s like he went out of his way to avoid even coming close to answering any of the questions. The reporters may not be trying to help GT football, but you don’t need to treat them like enemy spies.

I was pleasantly surprised by Dontae’s comment about the OL. It sounds like they might be more in sync this year. It also sounds like Sims is working his tail off trying to be the QB we all know he can be.

Zamari sounds like he’s tired of losing, and it sounds like the DBs are desperately trying to improve any way they can.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Things that make you go huh: the former walk on tight end with 16 career receptions getting chosen to go to ACC media day over our two year starter at qb.
Had the same thought. Maybe they just didn’t want to put additional pressure on him/unnecessary distractions.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Things that make you go huh: the former walk on tight end with 16 career receptions getting chosen to go to ACC media day over our two year starter at qb.
Do we have anyone we should have sent.

Check out the newly posted roster w weights
Sort by position then scroll to ol.
check my math 17 players are Underclassmen and 2 are Upperclassmen.. The 2 upper classmen are not starters.

Lets hope that next year there is an argument about who is picked.

Pitts ol room s average seniority is senior plus and they sent them ol guy.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
"Obviously really excited to get into camp, to continue to love these guys and grow that relationship with them. So proud of what they've accomplished in practice, we're getting better every day, they bring the right mindset and we've got a great opportunity to show that love for each other every single day"
- every CGC response to any question