ACC Football Thread

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm always happy to see any ACC team get a win over any SEC team. But I think South Carolina fell victim to the bowl season phenomenon where some teams look like they came to play and others don't. I watched this one off an on and saw at one point some humongous total yards USC had in their last three games compared to today's effort. They are a pretty good football team. I don't think we are as talentless as we looked the other day for the same reason. A good while back now Alabama didn't get invited to a bowl they wanted to be in and got clobbered by Utah in whatever bowl they played in. Think about that -- Alabama clobbered by Utah. If you could figure out in advance which teams will mail it in, you could win a lot of bets.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm always happy to see any ACC team get a win over any SEC team. But I think South Carolina fell victim to the bowl season phenomenon where some teams look like they came to play and others don't. I watched this one off an on and saw at one point some humongous total yards USC had in their last three games compared to today's effort. They are a pretty good football team. I don't think we are as talentless as we looked the other day for the same reason. A good while back now Alabama didn't get invited to a bowl they wanted to be in and got clobbered by Utah in whatever bowl they played in. Think about that -- Alabama clobbered by Utah. If you could figure out in advance which teams will mail it in, you could win a lot of bets.
Same thing happened to Alabama in the January 1994 Sugar Bowl that they lost to Oklahoma:cigar:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Notre Dame fans on the Blue and Gold message board are blaming this game on the officials who they say are cheating:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

I think every replay call has been called correctly. Some were close, but everyone is the way i likely would have called it. Every call went the way the officiating guy on the broadcast said it could go.

Really good job of Clemson getting that timeout on that fumble in the 1st.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer

I remember when we played Ole Miss in the Peach in the '70s. The Peach was a lower tier bowl. Going a few miles south to play wasn't a thrill for our team. They didn't want to be there--and it showed. I wonder if going an hour up the road to play before a smaller crowd than would have been in Columbia was sort of the same thing for the Gamecocks. You are right about predicting games based on such factors.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame was not prepared for this kind of defensive speed. Book looks shocked every time he gets caught on a scramble. ND receivers s can't get any separation.
Maybe they can hire Monken and go to a system to overcome their athletic deficiencies. Seriously.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope Clemson wins by 50+ I was there during the Rudy series and will never forgive them. They used to be the dirtiest team in college ball back then. I thought they had gotten better but after the blatant attempt to take Trevor out of the game earlier I’m not sure anything has changed.