ACC Football Thread

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That is insane. Something I had not considered, the new early signing period *really* affects teams that are hiring new coaches. You used to have months to rearrange your class, you now have weeks. Louisville is going to be stuck trying to get the leftovers who decided not to sign early.

I wonder if there are any good prospects in there for us. I’m not sure how many folks we have that could convert to tight end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
"The Franklin-Simpson senior said he typically takes advanced placement courses but elected not to this year because he was going to graduate early. Instead, he took first-semester classes at a local technical college, which he said has already completed registration for second semester.

“I haven’t even talked to the new head coach,” Randolph said. “He’s never called, so I have no clue what he thinks.”

One parent said one of the other prospects already had a dorm room assignment and move-in date for early January. As late as Sunday morning, Louisville’s coaching staff affirmed plans for the commits to take official visits next weekend.

Now, they must find new schools with just over a week until the early signing period and two months until the February option."

I really hope this is not true. It is just hearsay from alleged parents of recruits, but it is an incredibly bad look in my opinion.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, if I didn’t fit in the new head coaches plans, I would rather know it now. Go enroll in the fall, be in the dog house, transfer, and lose at least two years of your career.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, if I didn’t fit in the new head coaches plans, I would rather know it now. Go enroll in the fall, be in the dog house, transfer, and lose at least two years of your career.

I can see that point of view but I’m also glad that USA Today didn’t write an article about GT revoking scholarships. Maybe the way to deal with this is to tell them straight up...you will probably just be on the scout team for four years but you can still come if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Try and see where you are in the pecking order of the new staff after spring and then decide to stay or transfer. Those transfers will hurt more than those we lose immediately since we have a month or more to still sign in this class.