ACC Football Thread

slugboy

Staff member
Mendenhall needs a strength “get back coach” to pull him away when he calls for a field goal or lets time expire

sirmove.0.0.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That was going to be my next post. Glad you did not tag him. As @knoxjacket said, we know the feeling all too well.

Respectfully disagree 'Cuse. Yes we may have lost a few here and there that we probably should have won...but 15iar??? I can't (and don't want to) imagine what that feels like. This has to be the most lopsided in-state or end of year rivalry in the world (in a state where both programs imagine themselves as more or less competing at the same level).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can't believe UVa lost it. With two minutes to go and up a score and the ball. ESPN is showing the kick in the nuts game this was with their win probability tracker. Right at 100% for UVa.

Of course, I tell my wife UVa has it and she tells me I'm wrong. She's watched too much GT football to know it ain't over till it's over. http://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401013183

Go Marshall.

Attachments

• UVA Meltdown.png
    UVA Meltdown.png
    495 bytes · Views: 36

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Respectfully disagree 'Cuse. Yes we may have lost a few here and there that we probably should have won...but 15iar??? I can't (and don't want to) imagine what that feels like. This has to be the most lopsided in-state or end of year rivalry in the world (in a state where both programs imagine themselves as more or less competing at the same level).

Don’t know how it feels to lose 15 in a row, but the way they lost that game to a hated rival felt all too familiar.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I watched the Oklahoma-West Va game last night. WV should have won that game. They would have, except for four plays that all fall on coaching.

1- The failure to kick a FG on 4th down and the score tied at 14.
2- A QB fumble and return for a TD on a pass play that never materialized. Why not just take the sack?
3- #2 happened again in the 2nd half.
4- A run to the OU two yard line was called back because a WV player blocked the OU cornerback a full ten yards after they were both out of bounds. Instead of the OU 2, WV had the ball on their own 41.

The final score was 59-56.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I watched the Oklahoma-West Va game last night. WV should have won that game. They would have, except for four plays that all fall on coaching.

1- The failure to kick a FG on 4th down and the score tied at 14.
2- A QB fumble and return for a TD on a pass play that never materialized. Why not just take the sack?
3- #2 happened again in the 2nd half.
4- A run to the OU two yard line was called back because a WV player blocked the OU cornerback a full ten yards after they were both out of bounds. Insted of the OU 2, WV had the ball on their own 41.

The final score was 59-56.
I think that loss knocked West Virginia into the Camping World Bowl against NCSU:cigar:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Who do you think will still be coaching in 2020 Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall or Virginia Tech Coach Justin Fuente? I have a feeling one of them will have a poor 2019 season and get canned. If i had to guess who it would be i would say i think it will be Justin Fuente who gets canned. I think VT will hover around 6-6 in 2019 and that will be enough for him to be fired. I think the 18.1 million dollar buyout of Bronco Mendenhall will be too much for Virginia to let him go before 2020 or 2021.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Who do you think will still be coaching in 2020 Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall or Virginia Tech Coach Justin Fuente? I have a feeling one of them will have a poor 2019 season and get canned. If i had to guess who it would be i would say i think it will be Justin Fuente who gets canned. I think VT will hover around 6-6 in 2019 and that will be enough for him to be fired. I think the 18.1 million dollar buyout of Bronco Mendenhall will be too much for Virginia to let him go before 2020 or 2021.

Mike, I am not knowledgeable enough about the team I follow to know what's going to happen from week to week. I don't have the skillset to know, or even guess, whats going to happen at other programs 2-3 years down the road. You are more forward looking than I....what do think the Dow Jones Industrial Average will be then?;)