ACC Football Thread

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Touchdown VT. Going up by one maybe 3 pending 2 point conversion with 19 seconds left. North Carolina has 240 yards on the ground averaging 6.5 yards a carry. North Carolina has 517 yards, but only 19 points. We need to come out focused off the bye week and we can get back even 4-4.

22-19

slugboy

Staff member
VT and UNC have mediocre defenses. We usually put up big numbers against teams like them. This isn’t a typical Bud Foster D. They are massively undermanned

VT just beat Duke two weeks ago, basically shutting down their offense.

I know that wins aren’t transitive, but we can’t count on them being as stupid as Louisville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
it's pretty simple. We can beat any of the 4 ACC teams we have left, we can also lose to any of them. I would say most likely outcome is 2-2 but don't even ask me to pick which 2.

We have beaten an FCS and 2 of the 10 worst FBS teams in the country. We simply haven't looked like a team that can consistently beat even a mediocre FBS opponent to this point.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
it's pretty simple. We can beat any of the 4 ACC teams we have left, we can also lose to any of them. I would say most likely outcome is 2-2 but don't even ask me to pick which 2.

We have beaten an FCS and 2 of the 10 worst FBS teams in the country. We simply haven't looked like a team that can consistently beat even a mediocre FBS opponent to this point.
At this point i think GT beats North Carolina and loses the rest finishing 2018 with a 4-8 record. I think Coach Paul Johnson will announce his retirement the week of the UGAG game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
5 ACC football coaches on the College Football Coaches Hotseat List this week

#5 Larry Fedora North Carolina
#7 Bobby Petrino Louisville
#9 Paul Johnson Georgia Tech
#14 Willie Taggart Florida State
#27 Justin Fuente Virginia Tech

Deleted member 2897

This year is so frustrating. If we had a decent team, we would have a very good chance of winning the Coastal this year. The entire Coastal is an absolute disaster. What a wasted opportunity.